Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Lima Golf

What about stopping off to light a candle for the parrot????

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Lima Golf wrote: »
    What about stopping off to light a candle for the parrot????

Yes, I haven't heard this before until Today.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Deco99 wrote: »
    Ya totally agree why won't he tell us these private things, he's on national telly and refuses to talk about private things......looks up dictionary meaning of word private.... penny drops... My assumption is that not all families or people are angels or perfect. This is Ireland, qualifying criteria for something be shameful is not exactly a high bar. So the range of things that could be considered private is enormous without being connected to a crime

Personally I suspect he uses this private info excuse whenever he’s asked something awkward. He similarly goes off on tangents regularly to deflect. That’s my two cents.

What did he say about teddy bears?
    Was it something along the lines of every time they saw one they had to buy one or something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Do we have a time period of when Richard was away in Dungarvan for those 2 hours?
    10 in the morning i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

Dia1988 wrote:
    Do we have a time period of when Richard was away in Dungarvan for those 2 hours?

Part of it was spent visiting the church to light a candle for the dead parrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

So, his family are anti Irish and did not agree with his involvement with Tina.....

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

So, his family are anti Irish and did not agree with his involvement with Tina.....

He said this a lot at the start!

One of the better interviewers so far.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Jays, he took a personal phone call live on air!

• Advertisement

I need to rewatch this, I find it hard to understand what he says. Wasn't the parrot alive when Tina disappeared though? Why was he lighting a candle for it?

No the old parrot died and they got a new one on St Valentines day. So, they called him Valentine. He light the candle for the dead parrot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

He said the would take a lie detector test when he finishes the medication he is on, and asked when he would be finished with them, he said, when he is up enough and not commit suicide

Mod Note! We're better off not putting the man's personal contact details out their.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

yes there was

Garda technical experts carried out a forensic examination of the couple’s three-storey home and the couple’s car in early June but there was nothing suspicious found

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-rule-out-link-between-suitcases-and-missing-woman-1.3367464

Cheers, was the first I had heard about him selling the car was on here last night so was just curious as I imagine its something AGS would do

In this article it says the Gardai weren't disclosing the results of the search of the house.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-seeking-missing-woman-end-search-of-house-in-youghal-1.3110535

• Registered Users Posts: 36,150 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

From my memory he said they got home and he went and bought two pizza and put one in the fridge for the next day.

And of course it was him that bought pizza, it was him going to Lidl, it was him going to church to light candle.
    Doesn't add up. We all know she would have been one buying pizza. Was pizza place questioned?
    Was it him who always went to buy it, or was it always her but him that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

Has any of Tinas family spoken about her since her disappearance,

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

He also said he had spent €40k on jewelry over the years for her.

Did she take her jewellery with her or is it still in the house?

Did she take her jewellery with her or is it still in the house?

No mention of it but it is possible some of it was sold on.
    He had no idea what clothes she took. Did she have a coat she regular wore/etc and no mention of jewelry either.

fin12 wrote: »
    Well he was controlling the money anyway. She was financially dependent on him.

In the TV3 interview he said he was sending her money over when he had the job in the UK but he said she was on social welfare here.
    I wonder was she still on it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

In the TV3 interview he said he was sending her money over when he had the job in the UK but he said she was on social welfare here.
    I wonder was she still on it?

Plus all the bills seemed to be in her name.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Sunday traffic in Co. Cork can be just as bad now as on a weekday. I find it quite bad myself.

Buckley06 wrote: »
    I know she was at the car boot sale!.
    It was the last confirmed sighting of Tina ...I think it is quite relevant that the cops (who know more then any of us are conducting a major search in an area they both were the evening before he says Tina went missing.
    I never said a controlling person equaled a murderer , that was your assumption.

Richard confirmed that Tina was in their home in youghal on Monday the day after,looks they don't believe him if they are focusing on a area they were in the vicinity of the previous day

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

fin12 wrote: »
    Sunday traffic in Co. Cork can be just as bad now as on a weekday. I find it quite bad myself.

I thought that myself when he said it. Going through castlemartyr is always busy on sundays

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Did he actually say that, I thought he gave a vague it's not bad on a Sunday answer, I don't remember him saying what the traffic that particular day was like.

I just listened to it again.

Your right. he said "It doesn't be too bad on a sunday"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭Colser

I thought Ray might ask him to describe the morning that she went missing before RS headed off,what they discussed,her last words to him etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Colser wrote: »
    I thought Ray might ask him to describe the morning that she went missing before RS headed off,what they discussed,her last words to him etc.

Same. And what did he arrive home to after his shop in Aldi. What was the house like. What did he do for the four days.. etc. Nobody asks that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

Does anyone know what church he went into between youghal and dungarvan to pray for the parrot?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Does anyone know what church he went into between youghal and dungarvan to pray for the parrot?

The only one on the main road would be Grange church.
    You'd have Dungarvan Parish church then but in Dungarvan.

Dropped pin
    near E30, Ballybrusa West, Co. Waterford

https://goo.gl/maps/D1GtwtWYCvx

• Advertisement

Maybe he really went to the Church to light a candle for his deceased wife and was seen by other churchgoers and then said it was for the parrot in his police statement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement