Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Is the search site a 7 day affair or is it Mon to Fri only?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭kittensmittens

He also said he had spent €40k on jewelry over the years for her.

At the time of Tinas disappearance and in the recent year or two before hand, were either of them employed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

Is the search site a 7 day affair or is it Mon to Fri only?

I Passed by today and there were police and army working there

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

fuzzyduck4 wrote: »
    I Passed by today and there were police and army working there

Jaysus think of the overtime being clocked up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

What is the full story with the sighting of Tina in January?

Are AGS investigating this line now as well?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Wombatman wrote: »
    What is the full story with the sighting of Tina in January?

Are AGS investigating this line now as well?

When he was doing the Ireland AM studio a man came and wanted to speak to him. He asked the Garda and they said no problem. He went into a room with two other people and somebody told him that he saw a woman that looked cold and he he thought he looked like Tina and they had a chat.
    He then told the Gardai who are dealing with it. This is to the best of my knowledge.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Get Real

When he was doing the Ireland AM studio a man came and wanted to speak to him. He asked the Garda and they said no problem. He went into a room with two other people and somebody told him that he saw a woman that looked cold and he he thought he looked like Tina and they had a chat.
    He then told the Gardai who are dealing with it. This is to the best of my knowledge.

I took it as that too. However it may not have been Tina at all.

He saw a woman that looked cold and was walking a dog. He didn't ask her if she was tina or wait and see where she went.
    And this man, who says he saw her in January, did he report it in January or just wait 6 weeks and tell Richard on a couch at tv3? 🤔

Get Real wrote: »
    I took it as that too. However it may not have been Tina at all.

He saw a woman that looked cold and was walking a dog. He didn't ask her if she was tina or wait and see where she went.
    And this man, who says he saw her in January, did he report it in January or just wait 6 weeks and tell Richard on a couch at tv3? 🤔

I know sometimes with missing person cases people honestly think they've seen the person when they haven't and then there's the people making up stories. .

I'm not sure it was said but the man that said he saw her was on a beach!

limnam wrote: »
    I didn't realise he was gone for 4 hours on the Monday.

That seems like a massive amount if time to pick up a few items in a supermarket.

He had to got to Aldi, then get parrot food and then stop off at a church to light a candle for the dead parrot!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

He had to got to Aldi, then get parrot food and then stop off at a church to light a candle for the dead parrot!

Light a candle for the dead ....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Does anybody remember in the interviews RS gave last year how he said “if Tina’s family were more concerned none of this would have happened ‘ or words to that effect. He seemed quite bitter with the family also said ‘not one of them have asked how I’m feeling ‘ Think it was the REDFM interview.

Amazing now that he’s chatting away to the family now and no mention of blame anymore .

gozunda wrote: »
    Why would you need to feed a dead parrot?

Its all sounding very monty pythonesque there ... ;)
    foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Light a candle for the dead ....

I think the old parrot died in January and they got a new one in February on St Valentines day so they called him in Valentines day in Laois.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

I think the old parrot died in January and they got a new one in February on St Valentines day so they called him in Valentines day in Laois.

How much do parrots usually cost?

Just checked - anything up to approx €1000
    Not a cheap pet imo ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

limnam wrote:
    I didn't realise he was gone for 4 hours on the Monday.

Was it four hours I was under the impression it was two.

Was it four hours I was under the impression it was two.

From the article linked above

https://www.irishexaminer.com/breakingnews/views/analysis/tina-satchwell-disappearance-the-search-for-answers-goes-on-831796.html
    Gardaí say he left the house at 10am and drove to Aldi in Dungarvan where he bought some items, and returned to Youghal around 2pm to find Tina’s keys on the floor, her mobile phone on a sitting room table, and crucially, her two dogs alone in the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dannythedog

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/richard-satchwell-woman-matching-tinas-description-spotted-on-dublin-beach-36692143.html

Acc to this 3 people came forward..!!!

Truth is we have no idea at all which tip police are working on or why they believe it's credible.

Same article- suitcases were from supermarket stamps they had collected!

And as gardai began erecting the cordon around the site last Sunday and Monday, a third witness approached the officers to report a sighting of a man acting suspiciously in the woods, in a similar time frame last year.

"The three witnesses say they saw a man - and did not see Tina," said the source.

Other sources say that one of the witnesses reported seeing a blonde woman and a man going into the woods together, but the man leaving alone.

inthehat wrote: »
    Did he though?? I've searched through lots of reports and news coverage of him and I can't find any mention of him doing time in prison.

Well he certainly said it on Redfm last Summer!

Again the information comes from an on air interview he did afaik. He talks about it with the interviewer. Someone here might know which one?

To the best of my knowledge it was Neil Prendiville.

• Advertisement

Back to some facts - do we know when or where RS was working as a lorry driver?

Well at the time of the disappearance I don't think he was working. He took up work after words tough. I don't know is he still doing it now. Some people have also said he's a van driver.

No. I got the impression from v early reports, possibly redfm that he had got the job after she departed.. cant swear on that.. it was an interview in which he described a meeting with his boss who, I think, was very kind to him.. may have been same interview where he stated he was distributing photos of her on his journeys..
    was a long time ago..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Do we need to hear anything about Tina's husband really ,he volunteered all the information on their private life on tv and press,did we as private individuals demand this information,if anything we are commenting on what he has said as is our right,free speech and all that

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The person on the beach with the new pup could end this part of the investigation by making one phone-call

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The person on the beach with the new pup could end this part of the investigation by making one phone-call

It's been a few days since the tv3 programme, police immediately contacted alleged witness.. I reckon they're on it..But a poster stated upthread the search is continuing so they obviously disregarded it for whatever reason..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

fepper wrote: »
    I don't nothing bout the place, but I always had this impression of it being full of yachts and well heeled residents living the life

that impression would fit kinsale better...

don't think youghal was ever a place for yachts really but lots of ordinary city people used to holiday there years ago (myself included) ,not many go there anymore though

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

Youghal isnt the same as kinsale. Youghals a town with a beach. Kinsale is a town with restaurants expensive houses and yes a few yachts.

that impression would fit kinsale better...

don't think youghal was ever a place for yachts really but lots of ordinary city people used to holiday there years ago (myself included) ,not many go there anymore though
    I remember there used to be loads of amusement arcades!

I was mentally hanging a lot on a crowd of strangers in for the weekend theory..
    but if it did not change much at all for a bank holiday weekend.. it kind of lessens the probability of an outsider doing this-?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

I remember there used to be loads of amusement arcades!

I was mentally hanging a lot on a crowd of strangers in for the weekend theory..
    but if it did not change much at all for a bank holiday weekend.. it kind of lessens the probability of an outsider doing this-?

there was perks amusements near the end of the beach,but that was moved further away from the beach and imo this contributed massively to the decline of the place.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement