Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

After a week of searching those woods its seems highly unlikely any evidence will be found now. I still cant understand how it took a year for someone to give a tip off about seeing an individual fitting the description of TS in the wood the day she went missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

fuzzyduck4 wrote: »
    After a week of searching those woods its seems highly unlikely any evidence will be found now. I still cant understand how it took a year for someone to give a tip off about seeing an individual fitting the description of TS in the wood the day she went missing.

They might have been at something dodgy/illegal themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I just combed facebook and twitter in search of new information.
    I found nothing at all.
    I just feel completely frustrated at the lack of public information released.

While he went shopping, she went out and is still out and a year has passed.

I live in north Cork and not a millions miles away from Fermoy when Tina grew up and lived with him for over twenty years and their isn't a lot of interest from what I've being hearing.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,643 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

he is on red fm now

I remember their was a case either in Ireland or the UK(think it was the UK) and somebody witnessed something and the reason why they couldn't go forward with the information was because at the time they were having an affair and if they went forward they'd have ended their marriage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

I remember their was a case either in Ireland or the UK(think it was the UK) and somebody witnessed something and the reason why they couldn't go forward with the information was because at the time they were having an affair and if they went forward they'd have ended their marriage.

There’s a woman who gave a statement in the Toscan du Plantier case who refused to name the man that she was with at the time in question, as it wasn’t her husband.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Effects wrote: »
    There’s a woman who gave a statement in the Toscan du Plantier case who refused to name the man that she was with at the time in question, as it wasn’t her husband.
    Marie Farrell
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/ian-bailey-case-marie-farrell-evidence-derailed-action-1.2160459

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

he's says something traumatic happened in Tina's life a number of years back...but won't go into detail about it as a promise to Tina, even though as he said.. it could change the course of the investigation...thats strange??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deravarra

fryup wrote: »
    he's says something traumatic happened in Tina's life a number of years back...but won't go into detail about it as a promise to Tina, even though as he said.. it could change the course of the investigation...thats strange??

He said he told AGS ... nobody else needs to know for now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 fuzzyduck4

RS just said on redfm that the guards did not do a forensic examination on his car until 6 months after she went missing, thats baffling to say the least...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

thebull85 wrote: »
    I dont think the search in cork would necessarily be called off due to the info from Dublin.

Also what would be the procedure if tina did contact AGS to inform them that shed just upped sticks and left Richard?

This would have to be made public knowledge surely?

The Guards would probably release a statement thanking the public for their support but that they are no longer investigating the whereabouts of Tina.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

RS just said on redfm that the guards did not do a forensic examination on his car until 6 months after she went missing, thats baffling to say the least...

Why would Richard be surprised about this if she left the house that morning not in his car as he was gone to dungarvan,is he saying his car should be a suspect in this case

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

I remember there used to be loads of amusement arcades!

I was mentally hanging a lot on a crowd of strangers in for the weekend theory..
    but if it did not change much at all for a bank holiday weekend.. it kind of lessens the probability of an outsider doing this-?

That amusement arcade is still there, called Perks or something. I actually really like the food in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,811 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Richard says that he wouldn't take a lie detector test at the moment as he is "too tired and not feeling too well."
    From the Red FM interview this morning

No link to the interview yet but hopefully will be up on the RedFM website soon

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Richard says that he wouldn't take a lie detector test at the moment as he is "too tired and not feeling too well."
    From the Red FM interview this morning

No link to the interview yet but hopefully will be up on the RedFM website soon

And in the Youghal interview it’s because he’s on medication and suicidal and once he’s off he’s meds he will do it but doesn’t know when that will be?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Smythz

number of items of interest have been found. Exclusive on TV3 12.30pm news

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Smythz wrote: »
    number of items of interest have been found. Exclusive on TV3 12.30pm news
    I think I missed it. Any info?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

No mention of what the Items were found , strange that as they let the public know when they found a gun at the Trevor Deely site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭RockDesk

No mention of what the Items were found , strange that as they let the public know when they found a gun at the Trevor Deely site.

Paul Byrne mentioned on Twitter that Garda divers are involved as well.

RockDesk wrote: »
    Paul Byrne mentioned on Twitter that Garda divers are involved as well.

There’s a lake there by the grounds of the hotel.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

I can't help but feel that any other law enforcement agency would've found reason to charge this guy by now.

Charge him with what, and on what grounds?

The DPP decides on charges; and they need evidence.

Opinions and rumours do not count.

From today's interview.

Lie detector booked but Richard refused the offer.

The phone was in his name because Tina did not want bills in her name yet she changed the ESB bill into her name did she not?

Her best friends number was not in Tina's phone because they never called each other?????

He seems to be much more bullish, confident or angry in today's interview.

RS has just said on his RedFM interview this morning that he went to jail in Ireland and not the UK
    He also said it was for a month (12th Dec to 11th Jan - over Christmas period) so its a month and not a year
    He admitted that it was for social welfare fraude
    He was asked what about the €26k in the house and he said he was unaware that it was against the law to have cash in hand if you were unemployed. He seemed to be saying that they had made the cash from car boot sales over the years and just didn't put it in the bank

Just catching up on this thread now and he's really after changing his mind since last Summer even since Saturday night.

Apparently the guy that claimed he met her on the beach has come forward before claiming to have met another missing person, seems to make a habit of it.

When he going to be doing an interview with 96fm?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

fryup wrote: »
    i don't know, you could be a nervous wreck doing a lie detector test even when innocent

i wouldn't give much credence to it

If he passed a lie detector test I would believe in his innocence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

rawn wrote: »
    I'm really doubting this best friend even exists. No number, never mentions her name, no comment from her, just RS saying "oh her best friend is positive she's alive in England". Did the best friend phone him? Did he get her number then or ask her to speak to the Gardai about why specifically she believes TS is still alive?

Ok again on the subject of the "best friend" we only have RSs account

That didn't necessarily mean that Tina didn't have a best friend. Likley candidates imo are her niece or cousin who have both said that my were close to her afaik.

TS originally claimed he couldn't phone her best friend as her number was on Tinas locked phone which had been left in the house and not taken by Tina when she disappeared .

He has claimed he has spoken with this 'best friend' after Tinas disappearance and has attributed the "best friend" as saying various things- however no one has turned up to agree or refute what he has said - which is very strange imo...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement