Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That interview had Richard more rattled than any before!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

fin12 wrote: »
    Does anyone remember when the Castlemartyr resort was an Irish college? My sisters went there. I remember going there when they were being dropped off. Haven’t been in there since it became a hotel.

The Hotel is very upmarket and was sold a number of years ago to a Chinese businessman. The grounds are quite extensive with many areas being secluded with lots of dense vegetation.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭Wombatman

Items discovered in Tina Satchwell search site sent for forensic testing

http://www.thejournal.ie/satchwell-search-3898951-Mar2018/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

That interview had Richard more rattled than any before!
    Haven't listened to it yet, but did the interviewer finally put the hard questions to him

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

gozunda wrote: »
    The Hotel is very upmarket and was sold a number of years ago to a Chinese businessman. The grounds are quite extensive with many areas being secluded with lots of dense vegetation.

Ya how do you get into it? The front gate on the main road seems to be always closed.i heard there’s self catering accommodation in there as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Richard said in the radio interview that his family did not approve of his marriage to Tina because they disliked the Irish because of the connection with the IRA. Yet he says he was educated in a catholic school, ,Another inconsistency.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

So woman on the beach in Dublin was sighted by someone not credible.

Back to square one so.

Still no evidence she is alive.

harr wrote: »
    All we are hearing is RS story ...it seems it’s full of half truths or straight out lies and I am sure the guards have checked various aspects of his ramblings including this so called best friend... two scenarios guards know he is an attention seeking liar or that he is in fact telling the truth .. if they they know he is telling tall tales they are just waiting to find the tiniest bit of physical evidence to charge him or make him a suspect, at the moment that crucial bit of evidence is not available.
    I think the media are playing a lot bigger role in this investigation that people are being led to believe... he did seem more animated in this mornings interview.

He'll blame the medication he's on for his behaviour I suppose

Tina didn’t have her best friends number and they would just meet everyday at the same time at the same place. Never contacted each other by phone. it’s just laughable at this stage.....

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Tina didn’t have her best friends number and they would just meet everyday at the same time at the same place. Never contacted each other by phone. it’s just laughable at this stage.....

i don't know how I missed that one .. too funny :o

• Advertisement

Ya how do you get into it? The front gate on the main road seems to be always closed.i heard there’s self catering accommodation in there as well.

Front gate has a security hut for access. Afaik when you drive up - the gate / barrier is opened by a security person. The self catering is divided into the stuff near the entrance and more secluded houses / apartments in the old walled garden at the back of the property.

It's not cheap afaik ...

Rfrip wrote: »
    This thread nearly updates quicker than the one in the weather forum during the snow!!

It has captured an awful lot of peoples attention for sure.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

It’s very sad about his family and having no contact. Basically disowned him cause he married an Irish woman.

It’s very sad about his family and having no contact. Basically disowned him cause he married an Irish woman.

Didn't know his mother was dead until six months after she passed.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

I listened to this morning's interview again. Did RS say the Gardai took the lock off his front door. I'm sure he said in another interview he had given a key to the Gardai so they could go in and out whenever they wanted. Was this after they took the lock off?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

a month in jail for welfare fraud in Ireland he said. Not a year in the UK

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

a month in jail for welfare fraud in Ireland he said

Well he's changed his story regarding this!

I listened to this morning's interview again. Did RS say the Gardai took the lock off his front door. I'm sure he said in another interview he had given a key to the Gardai so they could go in and out whenever they wanted. Was this after they took the lock off?

He said in the past that he was away from home and the Gardai entered the house and took the lock off the door and somebody told him what they were doing .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

He briefly spoke about the suitcases he found as well. It seems he found them and then instead of waiting at the scene for Garda to arrive, he lumped them in the back of the car and the Garda collected them a few hours later.
    Am I misinterpreting that or is that how it happened?
    It seems an incredibly naive and stupid thing to do to take them yourself and throw them in the back of the car.

Buckley06 wrote: »
    http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/12th-march-2018/
    once again he has no words from Tina when asked about the evening before , just what they would "usually " of done. Everything's so vague . This is so obvious is my opinion .

The story about Tinas best friend according to TS as given in that interview was all over the place imo.

In that interview he let slip that Barry Cummins of RTE (Prime-Time) had talked to Tinas best friend recently

Checked that up and the only listing relative to this was that:
    Primetime correspondent Barry Cummins speaks with Tina’s husband Richard, as well as her cousin in Fermoy, Sarah Howard and investigating gardai including Garda Inspector Brian Goulding and his team at Midleton Garda station.

http://www.europe.easybranches.com/ireland/Primetime-investigates-the-disappearance-of-Tina-Satchwell-206105

Does this indicate that her best friend therefore is her cousin in Fermoy?

He also detailed that Tina did not have a full licence and he did all the driving. This combined with some other things like his having her phone in his name make a me think the person controlling the situation wasn't Tina.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭ayux4rj6zql2ph

This post has been deleted.

Another one?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Neil Prendeville RedFM from this morning

I take it he has to be off his anti-depressants first?

anna080 wrote: »
    So if she met the friend everyday at the same time same place, did the friend not get concerned with Tina didn’t turn up while she was missing and not yet reported? Did the friend not contact Richard or call to the house to see if Tina was okay?
    Such bizarre statements he makes that leave you asking more questions than you initially had.

I think Prendeville asked how she got from Youghal to Fermoy everyday and RS said that she only met her everyday when she was in Fermoy.
    They moved to Youghal early 2016.
    RS said TS had a provisional licence but could drive as good as everyone else.

But Richard would drive her drop her off and RS would have tea and a chat with her family.........sounds idyllic really!

Interesting also when Prendeville asked What would you do if a body was found. RS said I'd be an emotional wreck, was it suicide!

Prendeville then asks would you not want to know how she died, who killed her? That's what I asked you.

RS just says Well there thoughts I don't want to think!

gozunda wrote: »
    What I picked up there was that the once a day arrangement of meeting up was when they lived in Fermoy even though the Interviewer asked about why she didn't have her friends phone number in her phone. It then changed to occasionally when they moved to Youghal but still Tina didn't add her friends number for sone strange unexplained reason.

None of it made sense imo

Might give it a relisten?

Yes you're correct, I wrongly typed Youghal instead of Fermoy.

• Advertisement

He did say he wasn't working when Tina went missing!

When Tina was there with him before she went missing with her meeting the friend is the time I'm on about

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement