Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

fepper wrote: »
    He didn't say in interview that he purchased again,fair dues

Th Independent said he drove up to TV3 studios at 3am,

He was on the TV3 5.30 bulletin that evening getting out of a black Mondeo at the Mitchells wood search site.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dannythedog

This post has been deleted.
    He has another car, I believe, a black one, don't know make or model 'cos don't be tuned into such details. He said he sold it cos of paparazzi stalking him.. but shur they know his black car too. here's link to this mornin' ref interview
    https://www.facebook.com/corksredfm/videos/vb.50571612059/10155468521002060/?type=2&theater&comment_id=10155468801647060&notif_t=comment_mention&notif_id=1520876038414031

also link to Indo piece today https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/items-of-interest-discovered-in-the-woodland-search-for-missing-tina-satchwell-36695109.html

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know it was briefly discussed but the sighting on the beach has being discounted.
    https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/gardai-carrying-out-forensic-examinations-12175081

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Is the beach “sighting” the same one that he said a guy told him about in tv3? (He mentioned it on ray D’Arcy the other night).

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Why has he never done an interview with 96fm or has he?

• Advertisement

fin12 wrote: »
    Why has he never done an interview with 96fm or has he?

Unsure about that and C103. Well I didn't hear much about it.

Unsure about that and C103. Well I didn't hear much about it.

It just seems a bit strange. Does 96fm still have the most listeners in Cork?

It just seems a bit strange. Does 96fm still have the most listeners in Cork?

Redfm is bigger with the under 40's and 96fm would be popular enough.
    C103 would be popular in Fermoy and Youghal tough.(It would be aimed at an older age group but still would be popular)

Redfm is bigger with the under 40's and 96fm would be popular enough.
    C103 would be popular in Fermoy and Youghal tough.(It would be aimed at an older age group but still would be popular)
    If it was up to me I'd get Gerry C103 in for an in depth interview.. he did a brilliant job.. very insightful questions and responses..

here's that link again
    http://www.unitymedianetwork.com/richard-satchwell-talks-with-gerry-murray-from-cry-youghal/

• Registered Users Posts: 15,679 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

So items of interest have been found and the sub aqua unit are reportedly being brought in?

Whole new ball game now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

CZ 453 wrote: »
    The closest sizeable body of water would be Garryvoe beach based on the map. The river is the size of a big stream?

Anyone have any local knowledge of this area that could point to another sizeable body of water I can't see?

Check out the following

3207ade5-210b-43b0-a835-55c19da08143_l.jpg

The Kiltha River runs through Mitchells Wood and there are adjacent bodies of water close to the grounds of the Castlemartyr Hotel ...

Here's a walkers description of the woods

https://www.ontheqt.ie/places-gems/autumn-is-a-second-spring-when-every-leaf-is-a-flower

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Marpleclone

Google Mitchell's wood castlemartyr state park- sewage issue been there for a longtime but ? worse over last year. Look through the postings for the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Dia1988 wrote: »
    I said he now drives a black Ford Mondeo as he was filmed getting out of it on the TV3 5.30 Bulletin at the Mitchells wood search site.

I inappropriately made light of the situation in stating that the Mondeo had a big boot to hide stuff or people especially when AGS don't seem to checks cars., for this I apologise whole hardheartedly!

Did the journo not bring him to the woods that day? Thought he mentioned it on Darcy

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Does anyone think it's strange that Tinas family specifically Tinas half sisters Lorraine and Sarah Howard and Aunt Margaret Maher seemed to be the first ones to go to the media in June.

On 21st June The Independent had an article interviewing the above family members, there was no quote from Richard.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/news/somebody-just-doesnt-disappear-like-that-family-of-woman-missing-nearly-three-months-thinking-the-worst-35853096.html

The next say Tinas half sister Lorraine Howard (who RS now says talks to him and supports him) went on RedFM to chat to Neil to highlight Tinas disappearance. Skip to 12 minutes in.

http://www.redfm.ie/on-air/podcasts/neil-prendeville-on-redfm/episode/june-22nd-2017/

Tinas family made the first media appeal/interview not Richard.

Now Richard is continuously doing interviews without Tinas family. Tinas family don't do media interviews anymore.

This in itself speaks volumes!

Was there even an appeal by Richard in thejournal for missing persons before June? Thejournal.ie always run articles on missing persons, June was the first I heard about Tina being missing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

Mod Note Guys I'm trying to be fair enough here stop posting details that could lead to the man being contacted. We can all play detective.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

Has there ever been a description of what she wore at the car boot sale the day before she disappeared? Has he said what she was wearing that morning, dressing gown or pajamas or was she up, dressed, hair and make up done? Usually when someone is missing there's a description of what they were wearing when last seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

I can’t recall him ever saying what she was wearing or confirming was she up or still in bed when he left or he keeps going on about is her asking him to go to Dungarvan or is it get fish?

I think it was go to Dungarvan to get fish? I don't think he's been asked in an interview either about her clothes and whereabouts when he was leaving the house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

DaveTheLad wrote: »
    Would the guards sift through a few days of CCTV footage from a ferry port on the other side of the country when apparently they haven't even checked his car yet?

They were supposed to be checking CCTV at ports and airports for signs of Tina after she was reported missing so if he had travelled over,he might show up as well

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

They were supposed to be checking CCTV at ports and airports for signs of Tina after she was reported missing so if he had travelled over,he might show up as well

Did I see / hear of Interpol being notified or involved at one point?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

yes re interpol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Again no need for cctv.
    Ferry company would likely have a record of ticket, credit card, passport and car reg. A quick look through their database would throw up this info.

That said its unlikely he would bother going to the trouble of travelling to the UK to dispose of anything IF he was responsible. In circumstances like this, its more likely someone wants to stay off the radar, away from CCTV or anything that records your movements.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

That was funny alright,was he saying again what a great husband he is/was but a terrible bargain hunter

I don't know fepper, but he was quick to correct the interviewer by clearing up the fact he only loaned the bag to the lady on Crimecall, she didn't get to keep it :D

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

The Guards don’t seem to be too concerned what he was doing in the four days before he reported her missing..

Has he ever said what he was up to for the days before he was missing?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

The Guards don’t seem to be too concerned what he was doing in the four days before he reported her missing.
    What makes you think that? The gardai have given no indication of what they have asked him about his movements, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Not that I know of, those 4 days are as much a mystery as this case is bazaar.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

He doesn’t say what he was doing, he says stuff like I thought she was just gone to get her head straight and have space, assumed she was in Fermoy. I went to Fermoy on Friday because I had a doctors appointment and that’s when I checked with the family in Fermoy was she there.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,316 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Anyone got any link to his chat on radio?

Anyone got any link to his chat on radio?
    It's on the thread and their facebook page- redfm
    The local Cork radio station link, which is a better interview, in many ways, is on Unity media network twitter page- friday last, before the L8L8 show

• Advertisement

I think this is the link your looking for.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement