Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

I wonder if they asked Richard to do a reconstruction of his movements on that Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dannythedog

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/military-drone-used-in-garda-search-for-tina-satchwell-in-cork-1.3426130

A Defence Forces drone is being used to aid the Garda’s search of a wooded area in Co Cork for the remains of missing woman Tina Satchwell.

This is the first time a military drone has been used in a Garda operation.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

NEWS UPDATE: Fences being taken down around Mitchells wood this morning. Not sure if they are being moved to another part of wood or if the search has ended.

On RedFM now they had a reporter in Youghal asking people did they know the couple and what they think of the case and the search.

Nobody knew the couple even the neighbour 2 doors up never knew them. They only saw Tina walk the dog. They were there 10 months.

The locals seem more worried how the case will affect the tourism of the town.

Yet, RS recounts that people would be drawn to them????

• Registered Users Posts: 25 FatBallerina

Dia1988 wrote: »
    On RedFM now they had a reporter in Youghal asking people did they know the couple and what they think of the case and the search.

Nobody knew the couple even the neighbour 2 doors up never knew them. They only saw Tina walk the dog. They were there 10 months.

The locals seem more worried how the case will affect the tourism of the town.

Yet, RS recounts that people would be drawn to them????

Didn't he say on one interview that everyone in the shops knew Tina and within a few weeks of them moving there? I'm curious as to why they moved to Youghal from Fermoy? Has he ever given a reason?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

That’s modern living nowadays and I don’t think it’s too unusual not to know your neighbours. I know the one directly beside me but two doors down I’d only know to wave to. People are too busy going about their lives and 10mths residing there means they were very much still new to the area.
    But ya, who exactly are these people coming up to him shaking his hand? They are probably just familiar with the case more than familiar with them, and shake his hand in an “all the best” kind of way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Gravelly wrote: »
    I'm seriously considering registering another name with Boards so I can come on to this thread and signal my virtue by attacking all the "amateur sleuths" like all the cool kids are. Could any of the mods help me do this? Thanks. I always wanted to be cool.
    Mod note: If you suspect someone of running duplicate accounts, please use the report post function and the mods will look into the case.

Thanks in advance,

Buford T. Justice

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Mod note: If you suspect someone of running duplicate accounts, please use the report post function and the mods will look into the case.

Thanks in advance,

Buford T. Justice

I don't suspect anyone of doing it, I was suggesting I might myself.

NOTE: Since there seems to be a slight lack of any semblance to a sense of humour about these parts, that was a joke.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Any local have an update on the fence moving at the search site this morning?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

gozunda wrote: »
    screamer wrote: »
    Perhaps she did up and leave to create a new life. 26k would buy you a nice bit of plastic surgery too.

26k is less than the industrial wage and would just about (barely?) be enough for a person in rented accommodations and keep for a year.

The important piece your missing is that TS disappearance was designated a High Risk case by the Gardai

Cases where people are believed to have gone missing are generally classed as Medium or Low Risk

The other thing is that we only have one persons word about the €26k -

All valid points. If she did run off given that she seems to have been supported by her husband since they married....perhaps the person she took off with was equally as willing to support her as he was. Out the door with a new life, provider and 26k, no messy divorce etc.... Ok far fetched perhaps but not beyond possibility.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Do you really think that the Gardai name their suspects in advance?
    They don't divulge any information like that.

Only when an arrest is made will any name be mentioned by the Gardai.

Do you really think they're so feeble- minded and foolish that a few words on a board can thwart their investigation and send it skeways?

Imagine if everything RS is saying is true! (Well we’ll leave out his changing stories)

What kind of world do we live in altogether??

Where a middle aged woman,is abducted with 26k cash and there’s not even a hairs evidence after a year!!

It’s almost unbelievable in this day and age!

It’s frightening!!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 pirlo80

It is quite possible, they do not.

Given the Gardai's ineptitude as a police force, you could be right

However, anyone else who has witnessed his consistent:

Deflection when answering questions about the evening before and morning of her disappearance

Body language

Inconsitencies in his stories

Continuously referring to her in the past tense despite the fact that he insists she is alive

His lack of surprise when the DJ told him the person who allegedly saw her on the beach in Jan had been proven incorrect and it wasnt her

Her families reaction to him <snip>
    The fact that he was the last person to see her before she disappeared

Plus scores of other things that point to him as being the chief suspect in her disappearance

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Imagine if everything RS is saying is true! (Well we’ll leave out his changing stories)

What kind of world do we live in altogether??

Where a middle aged woman,is abducted with 26k cash and there’s not even a hairs evidence after a year!!

It’s almost unbelievable in this day and age!

It’s frightening!!

It is.

Does anybody remember whether Tina did her chef training course in Uk or Ireland, please?
    i had a feeling it was in UK but cannot find a link.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-examine-two-suitcases-found-by-tina-satchwell-s-husband-1.3173945

She was not working and was not drawing social welfare at the time of her disappearance. Mr Satchwell told gardaí she had taken some €26,000 in cash which they had kept in the house and which were the proceeds of the sale of their house in Fermoy two years ago

Garda technical experts carried out a forensic examination of the couple’s three-storey home at Grattan Street and the couple’s car in early June but the examinations found nothing to suggest Ms Satchwell had been the victim of foul play.

Gardaí have examined CCTV footage from around Youghal, but found none showing Ms Satchwell, who is 5ft 6in tall with blonde, shoulder-length hair. Internal CCTV footage from Bus Éireann buses servicing the town also yielded no sign of the missing woman.

Ms Satchwell, who left her mobile phone at her house, did not have a passport. Gardaí have checked ferry ports and airports to see if she may have travelled to the UK, where she first met Mr Satchwell when she lived in Leicester 26 years ago, but they have found no sighting of her anywhere.

Old article dated August 1, 2017

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,746 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

pilly wrote: »
    That link doesn't lead to anything?

it's quoting this article here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/edition/ireland/tina-come-home-dhzq9rlxx?t=ie

“She was telling me at the car boot sale how much she loved me and she’d never do anything to hurt me. We came home between 2.30pm and 3.30pm and I went out for a pizza later around 7pm,” he said.

“I made her tea. A slice of toast. She asked me to go to Dungarvan. I gave her a peck on the cheek. I don’t eat fish, Tina doesn’t eat meat. We get the fish from Aldi [in Dungarvan] plus there’s a pet shop there which sells parrot food. The gardai have checked everything. She was gone when I got back,” he said.

Satchwell does not think that anything sinister has happened to his wife. He has told detectives that two black suitcases are missing from his house along with €26,000 that the couple had earned from car boot sales and the sale of a property in Fermoy. He also suspects his wife deliberately left her phone behind so she could not be traced. Gardai are trying to corroborate this story.

WDF??

“Tina wouldn’t get into a car unless she knew the driver. My gut feeling, and I’ve said it to the gardai, is that she has gone away to get her head straight. The only thing I know for certain is that she’s out there somewhere. People have told me that she was seen with someone else but I don’t believe it. We have people in the family who have disappeared and turned up 10 years later,” he said.

July 9, 2017!!!

wDF disappeared from his family[/b]? who is this journalist??

In that piece it is RS who is speaking about himself. When saying .. "We have people in the family who have disappeared and turned up 10 years later"

His sister is quoted as saying the following:
    Denise Burbank, who lives in Coalville near Leicester, wasn’t even aware that Tina had vanished when we contacted her ...

She said: “It’s a complete shock. We last saw Richard probably between 20 and 30 years ago when he was last over here, and haven’t heard from or seen him since.

RS effectively 'disappeared' for all intents and purposes. It is interesting that his sister goes on to say she doesn't think RS wouldn't violent towards TS despite not having seen him for over 20 years...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1272669/tina-satchwell-husbands-family-insist-hes-not-a-suspect-over-wifes-disappearance/

fepper wrote: »
    I'm not 100% sure was she born over there and then came over with him but she was over there at 17 so I kind of assumed it

RS has a brother and sister living in the UK. She also has a half sister here who has talked about her disappearance. It would appear that TS went to school here as one of her teachers has talked about her and meeting her on the street as an adult. She also appears to have been mainly brought up by her grandmother. Her family is described as living in Fermoy where she herself has lived for many years.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1351157/missing-cork-woman-tina-satchwells-former-teacher-pays-tribute-to-kindest-sweetest-student-as-search-continues/

OmegaGene wrote: »
    When he spoke on red fm he stated Tina had met his grandmother and they got on great and Richard also said he had spoken to his father before Christmas and he’s always made sure he has contact details for him, hardly disappearing.
    Richards mother didn’t like the Irish and made him choose between Tina and the family so he said he chose Tina
    Check out the red fm website and you can listen to the podcast of the interview with Niel prendeville

It was RSs sister who said that they hadn't seen him for over 20 years.
    Denise Burbank, who lives in Coalville near Leicester, wasn’t even aware that Tina had vanished when we contacted her ...

She said: “It’s a complete shock. We last saw Richard probably between 20 and 30 years ago when he was last over here, and haven’t heard from or seen him since.

RS effectively 'disappeared' for all intents and purposes. It is interesting that his sister goes on to say she doesn't think RS wouldn't violent towards TS despite not having seen him for over 20 years...

https://www.thesun.ie/news/1272669/tina-satchwell-husbands-family-insist-hes-not-a-suspect-over-wifes-disappearance/

He only got back in contact with his family recently. He has also said this as well. Check it up for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,133 ✭✭✭Shurimgreat

Looks like Tina's family have come out strongly to refute his portrayal of her.

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/newsireland/exclusive-tina-not-being-portrayed-as-‘kind-and-bubbly’-woman-she-is-says-family/ar-BBKdQyd?ocid=spartanntp

So should we believe the word of her family or a convicted frauster. I know who I believe.

As for him saying Tina was trying to memorise her UK Social Security data before her disappearance that is the type of lie he is willing to tell about Tina. The idea that she would memorise it instead of simply writing it down is laughable. I suppose in the next interview he will tell us she had problems writing stuff down and had to memorise everything.

She also didn't have a passport so couldn't have made it to the UK and the gardai couldn't find any evidence of her going to the UK. So he lied about that too.

This guy is clearly a compulsive liar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

She also didn't have a passport so couldn't have made it to the UK and the gardai couldn't find any evidence of her going to the UK. So he lied about that too.

You can get to the UK without a passport.

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, you can fly to the UK without a passport.

As long as you have ID, were born in Ireland/UK and are resident in UK/Ireland.

You cannot fly to the UK without a passport. There are several passport checks before boarding the plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

You cannot fly to the UK without a passport. There are several passport checks before boarding the plane.

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-information/passports-and-visas/travel-to-from-britain/

Effects wrote: »

Have you travelled recently to the UK?

There are several security gates before boarding you cannot get through without a passport.

In any case, the gardai found no evidence she went to the UK. We've been constantly told to leave the investigations to the gardai, so either they messed up on her leaving the country or they could find no evidence.

I think we can say with near certainty there is zero evidence of her going to the UK. There is also next to zero evidence of her still being alive.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

That is Ryanair only.

Aer Lingus will let you on a flight with an official ID.

Also, you can drive to the UK from here and you don't not a passport to fly from Belfast to London.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement