Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

I'll look for the article again this evening and find links.
    I just googled and went back as many pages as possible, as far back as I could find.

There isn't much before June 2017.

Ah here, I found it quickly as I hadn't cleaned cookies.
    Gardaí have confirmed a TV3 report that some three weeks ago Mr Satchwell spotted two suitcases beside the clothes bank at Tesco in Youghal. He thought one of them may have belonged to wife and he rang gardaí.

He waited at the clothes bank for two local officers to arrive and remove the suitcase. Local Garda technical experts have begun taking swabs from the suitcases to be sent for analysis to see whether one or both may have belonged to Ms Satchwell.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/garda%C3%AD-examine-two-suitcases-found-by-tina-satchwell-s-husband-1.3173945

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

gozunda wrote: »
    If I remember correctly there were reports thst the suitcases missing from the house as originally reported were pink(!). Now I am seeing reports they were black .... odd.

Ok checked out news reports and there appears to be no mention of "pink" suitcases except on here? The colour of the suitcases reported as found in Youghal have been given as black in some news reports.

Does anyone remember did RS talk about the size colour style of the original suitcases or the found suit cases on any of the radio or tv interviews?
    :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

gozunda wrote: »
    The newspaper reports talk about the suitcases been found near a recycling bank afaik

As far as I can remember it was a clothing and recycling bank in a Tesco car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

I can't remember if it was ever revealed, but what was their reason for moving to Youghal?

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

anndub wrote: »
    Where is there a conflict of information here? I often run many errands when I leave the house. I'd never considered people might find that unusual. But men can't multitask. Perhaps Tina IS Richard. They are actually the same person. Think about it, we have never seen them together......

Well as a previous poster pointed out - someone has to take the photos - but actually we have seen them together. Someone remarked previously how big physically he is compared to Tina ...

TinaSatchwell@22-08-2017-153329-696x459.jpg

Perhaps the best friend took that one?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Regarding the photo of them walking in the park.
    I know in the paper well and some weeks they are desperate to fill pages. It's just a local paper. Have local events, what the schools are up to, deaths, anniversaries, shops opening etc. It wouldn't include what was happening at the local district court or tabloid stuff.

Threads needs to be edited!

Reopening this thread now.
    Mod NoteThis thread was brought to the attention of the people upstairs. I did my best to edit this thread. All the speculation/theories are removed as are the joke and gossip. This may have upset Tina's family, Richard, friends or some Boards.ie users. This took hours and if anybody notices anything that they think that shouldn't be here report it.
    Basically just post news updates in this thread from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Mod NoteThis thread was brought to the attention of the people upstairs. I did my best to edit this thread. All the speculation/theories are removed as are the joke and gossip. This may have upset Tina's family, Richard, friends or some Boards.ie users. This took hours and if anybody notices anything that they think that shouldn't be here report it.

Thanks freshpopcorn, must of taken hours!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 49 Dannythedog

God, that was a helluva job.. So sorry you got stuck with it.
    Must have taken hundreds of hours..
    we will be more careful.
    You have been more than fair and always patient and courteous to all and sundry.
    Thanks for your work.
    I agree, it went beyond dangerous, and well into libelous.
    Thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,156 ✭✭✭screamer

Surely some disclaimer should be on the top of all these threads to say that this stuff is just alleged or made up...... We all know that in the case of missing persons we all try to play detective or have our own theories.....but that's all they are. No one knows for sure.
    Anyways back on track I do hope that Tina is found.

It's in the papers this morning that AGS have accessed Tina's medical records.
    The Irish Times has learned that investigating officers have spoken to Ms Satchwell’s GP in her native Fermoy and obtained her medical notes. But it’s not believed the notes have proven of any great assistance in trying to establish what happened to her.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/tina-satchwell-disappearance-garda%C3%AD-access-medical-records-1.3434141

Thanks for the hard work. Agreed regarding sticking to the reported facts and links etc. Was way too much opining going imo.

Don't see any report in that that theres was a new gp in Youghal - it was reported that
    ...Richard didn't immediately raise the alarm. He waited for four days before going to the Garda...On March 24, four days later, Richard said he went to Fermoy for a doctor's appointment 

https://amp.independent.ie/irish-news/news/richard-satchwell-woman-matching-tinas-description-spotted-on-dublin-beach-36692143.html

The medical records hopefully will indicate whether TS had been upset etc as reported previously

Lovely photo of Tina on the stairs in this news report from yesterday which I hadn't seen before. She looks really well.

https://www.thesun.ie/news/2334068/heartbroken-hubby-of-missing-tina-satchwell-tells-how-life-is-hell-without-her-one-year-after-she-vanished/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭Uncharted

Well done Mods.
    I'm optimistic about this thread now. It had became a fantasy land. Hard facts will make it a far superior thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

Uncharted wrote: »
    Hard facts will make it a far superior thread.

Is there new information?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Well done Mods.
    I'm optimistic about this thread now. It had became a fantasy land. Hard facts will make it a far superior thread.

More likely it will make it a very, very quiet thread.

muckbrien wrote: »
    Is there new information?

Not that I am aware of to date.

Gravelly wrote: »
    More likely it will make it a very, very quiet thread.

Perhaps not such a bad thing in retrospect.
    It will be more focused i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Well done Mods.

If that's the case,we have to take what Richard said so far is truthful as most of us aren't

fepper wrote: »
    If that's the case,we have to take what Richard said so far is truthful as most of us aren't

That's surely the whole point. It is truthful,until proven different in a courtroom.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

That's surely the whole point. It is truthful,until proven different in a courtroom.

By that logic we can all say whatever we want, and it has to be believed unless a court proves otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭muckbrien

On a controversial note,

The cadaver dogs are presumably gone back to UK

Not the greatest that the dogs aren't available as needed here ,I'm sure it hinders these missing persons investigations.

I'd also wonder how much this planned search was Garda PR on the anniversary of the disappearance and what real hope there was of finding a body .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Well done Mods.

If hard facts are all that can be posted here the thread will look like this......

tenor.gif?itemid=6014273

By that logic we can all say whatever we want, and it has to be believed unless a court proves otherwise?

Let's not start dancing on the head of a pin already here.....im specifically referring to this case...... my point is that we must accept RS's version of events as truthful until evidence proves to the contrary.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Let's not start dancing on the head of a pin already here.....im specifically referring to this case...... my point is that we must accept RS's version of events as truthful until evidence proves to the contrary.

I am glad you don't work for AGS!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

That's a bit of an oxymoron. If we must accept his version of events, then we shouldn't be looking for any evidence to the contrary.

If you were a detective, nobody would be guilty of a crime unless they themselves admitted to it.

Have you ever heard the phrase..... "innocent until proven guilty " ?
    You will have to familiarise yourself with it or this thread could end up locked.
    I'm sure no one wants that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Why, would you prefer to have more McBrearty scandals?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement