Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

fepper wrote: »
    Surely your not saying that everything needs a motive to actually happen

Agreed - outside 'Private Eye who-done-it novels' the issue of intent to murder is recognised in law
    Irish jurisprudence allows for the categorisation of killing into two different offences - murder and manslaughter
    The law of homicide in Ireland is currently divided into murder and manslaughter. Murder occurs if a person intended to kill, or cause serious injury to, another person who dies as a result. Murder convictions can include situations where a killing was planned in advance; where the victim was knowingly (killed) and where the accused is aware that the natural consequences of their actions would lead to death. ...

Manslaughter is an unlawful killing that is not murder and currently consists of two categories, voluntary manslaughter and involuntary manslaughter. Voluntary manslaughter deals with what would otherwise be murder but where there is some excusing circumstance - such as provocation - which reduces the offence from murder to manslaughter.

Involuntary manslaughter currently comprises two sub-categories. First, manslaughter by an unlawful and dangerous act, where the killing involves an act constituting a criminal offence, carrying with it the risk of bodily harm to the person killed.

http://www.lawreform.ie/2008/290108-report-on-homocide-murder-and-involuntary-manslaughter.180.html

So a 'motive' is not necessarily part of a murder as defined by our legal system

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Have you seriously decided to come here today, after a thread clean up, and a mod warning against speculation, to ask everyone to speculate on what happened to Tina?

I'm just asking what motive/reason do the sleuths have - 12 months later and some sleuths with hudreds of posts and not one single motive/reason provided.

All the sleuths can do is try and deflect from a very very simple question.

Some of the sleuths here are so good at deflection on the question of motive/reason they'd win an olympic medal.

12 months and not a single motive / reason given by anyone - not even the gutter hysterical press. Even the daily muck hasn't been able to come up with one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

CeilingFly wrote: »
    yes, motive / reason.

Everything has some sort of motive/reason. That's human nature.

Yet to see any of the sleuths come up with one plausible motive/reason to suggest a criminal act.

They are very good at answering back, but not one single plausible motive or reason has even been mentioned.

Not even the hysterical media or Neil "tuggy" Prenderville has come up with anything.

If you shoved another person and they fell awkwardly and hit their head on something hard and passed away their and then,your motive was to push them away only,the outcome was completely different

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

If you shoved another person and they fell awkwardly and hit their head on something hard and passed away their and then,your motive was to push them away only,the outcome was completely different

more deflection - there'd be all sorts of evidence about. Its not like the movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

I'm just asking what motive/reason do the sleuths have - 12 months later and some sleuths with hudreds of posts and not one single motive/reason provided.

All the sleuths can do is try and deflect from a very very simple question.

Some of the sleuths here are so good at deflection on the question of motive/reason they'd win an olympic medal.

12 months and not a single motive / reason given by anyone - not even the gutter hysterical press. Even the daily muck hasn't been able to come up with one.

You REALLY like the word sleuth. I think I've read that word more times since you joined this thread than I did in my entire life previous to this.

• Advertisement

If I 'accidentally" run over the neighbours dog - do I need a reason or motive? ;)

gozunda wrote: »
    If I 'accidentally" run over the neighbours dog - do I need a reason or motive? ;)

You need to do a another driving test as your a dangerous driver

• Registered Users Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Gravelly

Neither, you just need a shovel and a closed mouth.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    If hard facts are all that can be posted here the thread will look like this......

tenor.gif?itemid=6014273

Currently it's looking more like this :D

gallery-1474984001-battlefield-1-beta.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 568 ✭✭✭mikeymouse

He hardly looks like the strongest person around. Can't see how you'd move a body from the house in a town to a car and then dispose of it without leaving any trace whatsoever.

Yes the hystericla media have had a field day because many cases like this do end up as criminal cases, but many also have sad endings.

The media have invested a lot on this but even they seem to be coming around to there not being a case other than a personal tragedy with a fair change in their reporting style recently.
    This woman was slight , but determined ;

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5732970/chilling-moment-suspect-piles-victims-body-on-mobility-scooter-and-dumps-it-in-park/

He, I would say is at least 6ft.

• Advertisement

You need to do a another driving test as your a dangerous driver

I protest young man, that is slander! ;)

I protest young man, that is slander! ;)

If the dog could talk now

Don't mention the 'dog' ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

It's in the papers this morning that AGS have accessed Tina's medical records.
    The Irish Times has learned that investigating officers have spoken to Ms Satchwell’s GP in her native Fermoy and obtained her medical notes. But it’s not believed the notes have proven of any great assistance in trying to establish what happened to her.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/tina-satchwell-disappearance-garda%C3%AD-access-medical-records-1.3434141
    Interesting wording. Could that be interpreted as saying that there's no evidence she was at risk of self-harm?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

twill wrote: »
    Interesting wording. Could that be interpreted as saying that there's no evidence she was at risk of self-harm?

More likely they weren't of any assistance because the Doctor's hand writing was impossible to decipher.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

On the topic of sticking to the facts, let’s start with what they actually are:

1) Tina is missing.

But is that a fact? If so, it should be easy to establish after a full 12 months. How do we establish that fact?

I must admit to being terribly confused :eek:

1) Tina is missing.

But is that a fact? If so, it should be easy to establish after a full 12 months. How do we establish that fact?

I must admit to being terribly confused :eek:

1)Tina is missing -according to Richard,I dunno what the Garda are thinking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Cushie Butterfield

1)Tina is missing -according to Richard,I dunno what the Garda are thinking

On a more positive note, despite a lot of posts being deleted, the thread has had a fair amount of views so that at least might help in more people now knowing what both parties look like, which is a good thing imo.

1) Tina is missing.
    I must admit to being terribly confused*

Really?

Definition of fact - Online Dictionary
    a thing that is known or proved to be true.

Definition of 'missing' - Online Dictionary
    (of a person) absent from a place, especially their home, and of unknown whereabouts.

TS's normal (expected) residence is her house in Youghal. In the last 12 months she has not been seen there or been in contact with friends family etc. She is known to be absent from that place according to the relevant authorities. Ergo she is 'missing' ...

It's not rocket science ...

*if that was irony - please excuse my logic ...

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bettyoleary

Bob Harris wrote: »
    More likely they weren't of any assistance because the Doctor's hand writing was impossible to decipher.
    Obviously as RS said she didnt go to Drs or take medication because she didnt want to. Why is that so hard to decipher.

• Advertisement

Obviously as RS said she didnt go to Drs or take medication because she didnt want to. Why is that so hard to decipher.

Hi betty - new here?

Maybe because as we have discussed such information remains to be fully substantiated?

I'm just thinking. I am new.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Dannythedog

which one, R or H?

I'm just thinking. I am new.

welcome.
    i newish too...
    beware flying debris, and don't be afraid to give 'em swift sharp knee in the ghoulies..

you would, if it was MY dog...
    you'd be giving reasons until your vocal cords became paralysed...

The first or 2nd principle if neuro-linguistic-programming (NLP) is that every behaviour has a positive intention..
    even the worst imaginable behaviour-it's intention placates a human urge.. just sayin'.. as we're in the philosophy stage..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Just trying to catch up and my head hurts :o:confused:

Thanks Danny. Im just giving my opinion and I have read many comments on PROC which justifies what I posted previously about anti UK but I'm not going to take any notice of them

Just trying to catch up and my head hurts :o:confused:

I just read 3 pages so far...
    didn't check media yet.. doubt there's anything new..

think case going cold as ice and will soon be forgotten by all and sundry.. That's a shame but that's the way it goes in Ireland..

• Advertisement

Thanks Danny. Im just giving my opinion and I have read many comments on PROC which justifies what I posted previously about anti UK but I'm not going to take any notice of them

realistically, I've been all over this from outset.. saw nothing at all..
    There is no bias..
    There is no suspect
    there is no crime.
    - that we know of.

A girl is missing. She is Irish. born and reared here with a short stint in the uK where she met her husband.
    we got a mod warning this morning, thread will be closed if we don't stick to facts.
    So we need to post links to , preferably , reputable media sites and articles that we can discuss and to back up anything we are stating as fact.
    Otherwise site is held responsible for libel.

Prob is that there are few sites because RS will not give print media interviews (Irish times or Examiner, today)

Anybody else known to the missing woman are also refusing to give press interviews.

So the difficulty is in gaining a picture of the missing woman's personality.

Without this , it's extremely difficult to locate her or even guess at what might be a good idea for an organised search.

It's not always possible to gain a clear objective picture of a person from their spouse who will invariably be biased.

There is no anti english bias here on boards..
    - well, I never saw it anyways..
    For proc, you need to understand cork humor.. it's very weird.. but it's not literal..

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement