Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Why today in particular?

If I say,it will be seen as speculation on here.
    Just word on the street stuff really about an incident last night.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

blade1 wrote: »

Can you PM me this new revelation?.......Mum's the word!

Can you speak in general terms?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

Spit it out FFS

• Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Which street?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

You'd hardly be the first to speculate on here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

If a actual incident did take place and was witnessed, wouldn't be speculation as dictated on here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

There's a news story that just disappeared..a bit like Ti.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Bob Harris wrote: »
    There's a news story that just disappeared..a bit like Ti.....

?? what?? are we not allowed to speak out her name anymore?

this is such a useless thread. why isn't it closed I wonder.

strangely, when they did this search in the woods, incredible speculation was allowed here, almost everything could be written.

then mods decided all of a sudden a massive censoring and clean out is necessary and kind of half of the posts were deleted. It's as if somebody was very interested in what people write and then delete it.

also, as I expected, nothing is heard about the case anymore. strange extremes here, somethings very fishy about this case...

tara73 wrote: »
    ?? what?? are we not allowed to speak out her name anymore?

this is such a useless thread. why isn't it closed I wonder.

strangely, when they did this search in the woods, incredible speculation was allowed here, almost everything could be written.

then mods decided all of a sudden a massive censoring and clean out is necessary and kind of half of the posts were deleted. It's as if somebody was very interested in what people write and then delete it.

also, as I expected, nothing is heard about the case anymore. strange extremes here, somethings very fishy about this case...

Do you think she fell into the sea?

• Advertisement

haha. yes, exactly such stuff was allowed too a few month back, joking on expense of a missing woman...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

haha. yes, exactly such stuff was allowed too a few month back, joking on expense of a missing woman...:

Sometimes people will joke in the face of adversity dealing with issues like this

Other times people may just be pratts ...

gozunda wrote: »
    Sometimes people will joke in the face of adversity dealing with issues like this

Other times people may just be pratts ...

descarga.jpg

haha. yes, exactly such stuff was allowed too a few month back, joking on expense of a missing woman...:eek:

There was some crazy stuff posted up here a few months ago. You can't start threads on a case that is ongoing and you'd have been shot if you did anything other than eulogise about Anthony Foley but you can post all sorts of pie in the sky stuff about Richard and Tina. Says more about boards than anything else.

There was some crazy stuff posted up here a few months ago. You can't start threads on a case that is ongoing

but that was the obscure thing about it and what I mean: this case was and is ongoing and it was allowed to highly speculate and mock the husband and also Tina in a way. Very strange.
    and you'd have been shot if you did anything other than eulogise about Anthony Foley but you can post all sorts of pie in the sky stuff about Richard and Tina. Says more about boards than anything else.

do you mean this Rugby Player? He died of a heart attack or something, so not realy comparable to the Tina Satchwell case.

but that was the obscure thing about it and what I mean: this case was and is ongoing and it was allowed to highly speculate and mock the husband and also Tina in a way. Very strange.

do you mean this Rugby Player? He died of a heart attack or something, so not realy comparable to the Tina Satchwell case.

Once the case is in court then boards won't allow any threads on it unless it's in the UK or further afield (not northern Ireland though as we saw with the Paddy Jackson case)

The Anthony Foley reference was just to highlight that certain subjects are made taboo while others are left open to a free for all. What decides that I don't really know.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

descarga.jpg

Hi Maurice aka Bob ....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

I don't think there are any updates, but usually they find out eventually, may take some yrs,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,733 ✭✭✭CZ 453

I though this thread was only for updates now? Can we talk about the parrot again?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

CZ 453 wrote: »
    I though this thread was only for updates now? Can we talk about the parrot again?

No!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

CZ 453 wrote: »

If the Kathleen Petersen case is allowed an owl theory why not a parrot theory for the Tina Satchwell disappearance?

So the update is there is no update?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

There is no update, it just seems some people resurrected the thread to criticize it. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Dia1988 wrote: »
    Stop being so pedantic, of course I would search if they went missing but if they were continuing to go missing and being found, I would seriously discipline for playing selfish games.
    I am not making this up, it's called the 'Game of 72', where teenagers deliberately go missing for 72 hours or as long as possible. It's shared through Facebook apparently.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/game-72-terrifying-facebook-craze-5603702

Granny, if I've told you once, I've told you a million times... FACT CHECK. Use the Snopes link on your bookmark bar to check out any story that sounds too ridiculous to be true because it probably isn't.

Snopes.com stops me from looking like a gullible twit :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Thoughtform

There is no update, it just seems some people resurrected the thread to criticize it. :rolleyes:
    Indeed. Bizarre paranoia too that something untoward is going on here on Boards regarding the case. Obviously care has to be exercised by Boards in relation to an ongoing missing person case - with speculation levelled heavily against one person in particular (trial by social media could be very damaging in the long term). Yeah Boards possibly has been contacted by the guards/Tina's family/a solicitor requesting removal of certain theories that could be upsetting or prejudicial. Completely standard stuff.

It's a real event, not a piece of entertainment for Boards members. And it's hardly going to have answers seeing as it's not comprised of police detectives.

If this thread can make a comeback...maybe Tina can too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Granny, if I've told you once, I've told you a million times... FACT CHECK. Use the Snopes link on your bookmark bar to check out any story that sounds too ridiculous to be true because it probably isn't.

Snopes.com stops me from looking like a gullible twit :D

or a simpler way

If its in the Daily Mail (known by many as The Daily Muck) it HAS to be complete and utter bullsh1t.

Unfortunately too many people actually believe what's written in the daily muck :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

Well. It seems the resurrection of this thread has spurred someone to bring it back to the publics attention. Even if the update is that there is no update.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Tina-Satchwells-husband-renews-appeal-for-help-in-tracing-his-wife-a87ad300-9d72-4145-964c-ff3c8850f5e6-ds

Olsky wrote: »
    Well. It seems the resurrection of this thread has spurred someone to bring it back to the publics attention. Even if the update is that there is no update.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/Tina-Satchwells-husband-renews-appeal-for-help-in-tracing-his-wife-a87ad300-9d72-4145-964c-ff3c8850f5e6-ds

The power of boards.ie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

Olsky wrote: »

media silly season - they will drag up any story possible to fill empty pages.

In the UK expect a Princess Diana non story and a Madelaine McCann non story over the next 2-3 week in the Muck or Express.

In the indo, you are GUARANTEED a Michaela McCollum non story and a Molly Martens non story.

In Cork, the Echo does a non story on Tina Satchwell.

That's media silly season for you

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 597 ✭✭✭clfy39tzve8njq

I wonder if he actually went to them or if they just rehashed the story themselves due to a slow news day.
    If it's the former and supposing he had a hand in her disappearance would it not be in his interest to let the story die.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement