Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

CeilingFly wrote: »
    media silly season - they will drag up any story possible to fill empty pages.

In the UK expect a Princess Diana non story and a Madelaine McCann non story over the next 2-3 week in the Muck or Express.

In the indo, you are GUARANTEED a Michaela McCollum non story and a Molly Martens non story.

In Cork, the Echo does a non story on Tina Satchwell.

That's media silly season for you

The Tina Satchwell story is unsolved, the others are. Keeping the story alive is what many families of missing people do, and they lobby media companies to help. It may be media silly season for you, but for Tina's family it's keeping it in the public's mind. If it gains clicks & advertising, that's the way it is, these traditional media companies are struggle companies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭by8auj6csd3ioq

This weeked, today i think, 20 years since Deirdre Jacob vanished

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

This weeked, today i think, 20 years since Deirdre Jacob vanished
    I am hoping someone knows something, that they ere afraid to unveil back then, but watching Deirdre,s parents on the news this week, they have been to a hell none of us want to be in, it is just terrible, she was training for teaching in England and home for the holidays, when she went missing, It showed some CCTV footage of her back then in some bank, think, she looked lovely, just starting out in life, and since she had lived in England and was well travelled, is more surprising that she vanished, she would have been wise to dangers, or could it been someone she knew that had a hand in her disappearance

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Olsky

goat2 wrote: »
    I am hoping someone knows something, that they ere afraid to unveil back then

Why on earth are you posting that there is no update on a totally unrelated 20 yr old disappearance. This thread is for updates on Tina Satchwell dissapearance. Why not instead post that there is no update on that dissapearance?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

CeilingFly wrote: »
    media silly season - they will drag up any story possible to fill empty pages.

In the UK expect a Princess Diana non story and a Madelaine McCann non story over the next 2-3 week in the Muck or Express.

In the indo, you are GUARANTEED a Michaela McCollum non story and a Molly Martens non story.

In Cork, the Echo does a non story on Tina Satchwell.

That's media silly season for you
    Cross off the Molly Martens story - that was published today.

Next non story - toss of coin between Michaela McCollum and Tina Satchwell. I place the bet on Michaela McCollum with a Tina non story coming shortly after.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 260 ✭✭Magnatu

I don't think there are any updates, but usually they find out eventually, may take some yrs,

And the latest news is that there is no news.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/My-Christmas-wish-is-for-Tina-to-come-home-to-me-9c76879e-c8ac-4b6b-a6bc-92db000fbb48-ds

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Magnatu wrote: »
    And the latest news is that there is no news. Richard hasn't been charged and no sightings or information. Cold case now.

https://www.eveningecho.ie/corknews/My-Christmas-wish-is-for-Tina-to-come-home-to-me-9c76879e-c8ac-4b6b-a6bc-92db000fbb48-ds

And have you evidence that Richard should be charged ?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Magnatu wrote: »
    And the latest news is that there is no news. Richard hasn't been charged and no sightings or information. Cold case now.

Pity poor aul innocent Richie didn't wait 4 days to report her missing, especially when she had vanished with 26k , no phone and no precious dogs.

Jesus.

Who needs detectives on the case when we've hotshots like yourself?

Ah Thanks very much.

How much should I invoice AGS for?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mod Note This thread got a bit out of hand earlier this year and got reported and it could have caused a lot of hassle.
    I'd love the chat but unfortianality it's not allowed.
    So, stick to facts in the news.

Mod Note This thread got a bit out of hand earlier this year and got reported and it could have caused a lot of hassle.
    I'd love the chat but unfortianality it's not allowed.
    So, stick to facts in the news.
    Mod-Redacted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,898 ✭✭✭✭Ken.

Mod-dia1988 do not post again in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

Aaaand he's back.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-misery-for-husband-of-missing-tina-37632249.html

More attention seeking behaviour, he's an odd man.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Aaaand he's back.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/christmas-misery-for-husband-of-missing-tina-37632249.html

More attention seeking behaviour, he's an odd man.

No direct appeal to Tina.. all poor me!!

It's such a mystery. No evidence whatsoever against him (that I know of) and yet you just feel there's something not right. I wonder will we ever know.

He is missing her bad,
    he still buy anniversary presents and birthday presents for her,

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭gordongekko

He is missing her bad,

He didn't miss her for about a week a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭blade1

He is missing her bad,

That sounds more like he hasn't noticed she's gone yet!

He is missing her bad,

Tis a shocker. My heart bleeds for him and the McCanns.. All those Christmas and birthday cards stacking up must take up a hell of a lot of room.

I will keep the poor man in my thoughts throughout the festive season.

Maybe he will spend the time with her family awaiting a call from Tina to let him know she is okay.

We can but hope. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Tis a shocker. My heart bleeds for him and the McCanns.. All those Christmas and birthday cards stacking up must take up a hell of a lot of room.

I will keep the poor man in my thoughts throughout the festive season.

Maybe he will spend the time with her family awaiting a call from Tina to let him know she is okay.

We can but hope. :cool:

You know it all!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

Looks like he's been taken advantage of. Lazy journalism at best.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,867 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    That's kind of an unfair comparison.
    The McCanns have fundraiser money to comfort them!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

There are lots of people speculating here if Richard is guilty or not.

The thing is, I knew this couple personally for years, and to be honest, they couldn't be separated.
    Always together with their dogs walking around town.
    Either she has went "missing"
    Or something went horribly wrong in their relationship that led to her disappearance.
    They were a very quiet private couple, never bothered anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I was looking through the AGS website the other night for someone and noticed that Tina Satchwell isn't featured on it with all the other missing people. Oversight or what, I wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

I was looking through the AGS website the other night for someone and noticed that Tina Satchwell isn't featured on it with all the other missing people. Oversight or what, I wonder?

Not sure but I noticed something similar with someone who has gone missing over three years or so ago. Maybe the next of kin have to give permission before they can put someone’s photo on the AGS missing persons page? Or it could be oversight as you said. The Missing Persons Bureau are doing a great job but are understaffed.

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Not sure but I noticed something similar with someone who has gone missing over three years or so ago. Maybe the next of kin have to give permission before they can put someone’s photo on the AGS missing persons page? Or it could be oversight as you said. The Missing Persons Bureau are doing a great job but are understaffed.

Or maybe the AGS don't think she's missing.........

Mod: Banned for ignoring mod instruction

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Ken McCarthy

Not sure if I can post links or not but Tina Satchwell is on both the garda.ie and missingpersons.ie website. Not really sure what motive is served by saying that she isn't:

https://www.garda.ie/en/Crime-Prevention/Crimecall-on-RTE/Crimecall-Episodes/2017/June-26/Missing-Person-Tina-Satchwell-last-seen-on-the-20-3-17.html

https://www.missingpersons.ie/cork

vectra wrote: »
    There are lots of people speculating here if Richard is guilty or not.

The thing is, I knew this couple personally for years, and to be honest, they couldn't be separated.
    Always together with their dogs walking around town.
    Either she has went "missing"
    Or something went horribly wrong in their relationship that led to her disappearance.
    They were a very quiet private couple, never bothered anyone.

What you are saying is what I gather from this, seemed to be a very close couple with a love of animals,
    Had spent the day at a Sunday market the day before, he looks very sad

• Advertisement

What you are saying is what I gather from this, seemed to be a very close couple with a love of animals,
    Had spent the day at a Sunday market the day before, he looks very sad

Indeed! Let us just remember him over the festive season and all those who are missing loved ones.

Also let us pray that justice will be served in the case of Tina Satchwell.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement