Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

I find it really, really odd if she's really not on the list of missing persons on the AGS site. Overseen her??? come on guys, what a bad excuse. A case with this 'popularity' and she's overseen? My a***

It's shockingly unprofessional and actually feeds into thoughts AGS know the story but can't or don't want to come out with the truth.

And whether they know the story or not, no body is found so she's definetely a missing person. Why is she not on the site? The only possibility I can imagine is that relatives can veto against it, but I don't think they really can.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

tara73 wrote: »
    I find it really, really odd if she's really not on the list of missing persons on the AGS site. Overseen her??? come on guys, what a bad excuse. A case with this 'popularity' and she's overseen? My a***

It's shockingly unprofessional and actually feeds into thoughts AGS know the story but can't or don't want to come out with the truth.

And whether they know the story or not, no body is found so she's definetely a missing person. Why is she not on the site? The only possibility I can imagine is that relatives can veto against it, but I don't think they really can.

Listed here

https://www.garda.ie/en/Crime-Prevention/Crimecall-on-RTE/Crimecall-Episodes/2017/June-26/Missing-Person-Tina-Satchwell-last-seen-on-the-20-3-17.html

gozunda wrote: »

ok, thanks for that, that's something. still odd she's not listed in that search list..

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Henwin

Body found in county wexford that died in the last or or 2 they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭JMNolan

Henwin wrote: »
    Body found in county wexford that died in the last or or 2 they say.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/body-found-in-wexford-may-be-that-of-italian-woman-garda%C3%AD-say-1.3750521

Think there is some evidence it is an Italian woman.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Dia1988

Tina wasn't an Italian national in her 50s !

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Emmersonn

Dia1988 wrote: »
    The facts have never played a roll on peoples' assumptions on this thread before. Why start now? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,556 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Dia1988 wrote: »

And she didn't have long black hair.

It's coming up to two years now, the trail really appears to be gone cold.
    I don't suppose anyone has any fresh thoughts??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Do you think she changed her identity and is now living a new life? Either that or she's dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Do you think she changed her identity and is now living a new life? Either that or she's dead.

With no money and no passport?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Fr_Dougal wrote: »

I would have thought those would have been provided by the facilitators. She wouldn't have managed it alone.

Sidethought: Republican organisations must be a dab hand at identity changes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Fr_Dougal wrote: »
    Didn't she has €26,000?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

If she is living a new life it would have to be abroad as she'd be recognised here due to national media attention. Gardai said they checked CCTV in ports and found no trace of her. She could well have went up north and crossed to Scotland undetected.

• Registered Users Posts: 52,009 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Almost impossible to hide even under a new identity.
    PPS No. needed for nearly any job, dental records would show up too as Interpol and Europol would have them on file. DNA would also have been collected by the Garda.
    Looks like she is no longer above ground imo.

Even if she had that 26000 euros it wouldn't go very far setting herself up in a new life. She couldn't claim benefits, and if she applied for work even in England or Scotland it would most likely involve some kind of paper trail/background checks.
    Unless she has a sugar daddy who is sheltering and supporting her!!

But yea, I think it's more likely she's not alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

inthehat wrote: »
    Even if she had that 26000 euros it wouldn't go very far setting herself up in a new life. She couldn't claim benefits, and if she applied for work even in England or Scotland it would most likely involve some kind of paper trail/background checks.
    Unless she has a sugar daddy who is sheltering and supporting her!!

But yea, I think it's more likely she's not alive.

Why couldn’t she claim benefits?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

fin12 wrote: »
    You're hardly going to turn up down the dole office signing on if you are trying to maintain your disappearing woman mystery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

My name is T. Satchwell... No no, I mean Tina. S...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

blade1 wrote: »
    You're hardly going to turn up down the dole office signing on if you are trying to maintain your disappearing woman mystery.

So will the computer in Glasgow say this one is gone missing please don’t give her any dole?

• Advertisement

She could be in the Uk, give a false name and request a national insurance number.

She could be in the Uk, give a false name and request a national insurance number.
    And no one will recognise her?
    I'm not even that anonymous myself when I go to the UK.

And no one will recognise her?
    I'm not even that anonymous myself when I go to the UK.

I’m just wondering in general??? I don’t believe she’s alive

I’m just wondering in general??? I don’t believe she’s alive

Me neither.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

i think its great that some people would genuinely recognise a missing person. im doubtful that i would. woman could change her hairstyle/makeup even size and i definitely wouldnt be able to say it was a missing person.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    So will the computer in Glasgow say this one is gone missing please don’t give her any dole?

I'm not sure about this but I doubt you could turn up and claim benefits anywhere in the UK without showing some form of official ID.

inthehat wrote: »
    I'm not sure about this but I doubt you could turn up and claim benefits anywhere in the UK without showing some form of official ID.

Her husband said she had no id whatsoever, no passport, no driving liscence nothing, very convenient.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭GoneHome

The husband is back on the media appealing for her to make contact https://www.rte.ie/news/munster/2019/0319/1037363-tina-satchwell/

everybody should completely ignore it. this piece of **** tries to make money out of it again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

tara73 wrote: »
    everybody should completely ignore it. this piece of **** tries to make money out of it again.

TG you're not a judge......:rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement