Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

tara73 wrote: »
    everybody should completely ignore it. this piece of **** tries to make money out of it again.

That’s a very bold statement to make. How exactly is he going to make money out if it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Odelay wrote: »
    That’s a very bold statement to make. How exactly is he going to make money out if it?

media interviews..?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

media interviews..?

I see families of other missing people giving interviews. Are they making money from them too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

I just know if the roles were reversed the wife would be showered with sympathy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,166 ✭✭✭Fr_Dougal

Paddy Cow wrote: »
    Didn't she has €26,000?

Did she? And who’s word do we have to believe on that?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

Odelay wrote: »
    I see families of other missing people giving interviews. Are they making money from them too?

Have you listened to his 96fm interview, the amount of sh*t that man said, nobody would live the way he described Tina as living unless they were being controlled which is a very big possibility. Not even having her best friends number in her phone, meeting in the same place every day, same time for years. It’s the just the biggest load of bullsh*t ever.
    Then saying how she’s hit him before, ya really nice Richard, talk sh*t about someone who can’t defend themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I just know if the roles were reversed the wife would be showered with sympathy.

Is that what Incel school teaches you?

Yet another one of those recently registered to Boards users who espouse praying for young girls who wear revealing clothes, get drunk and then have the temerity to complain about being raped. Anti-abortion too I'll be bound, as well as finding Gemma Doherty normal. :rolleyes:

Let us have some stats on your 'just knowing', please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

fin12 wrote: »
    Have you listened to his 96fm interview, the amount of sh*t that man said, nobody would live the way he described Tina as living unless they were being controlled which is a very big possibility. Not even having her best friends number in her phone, meeting in the same place every day, same time for years. It’s the just the biggest load of bullsh*t ever.
    Then saying how she’s hit him before, ya really nice Richard, talk sh*t about someone who can’t defend themselves.
    What if she did hit him? There's having an opinion that he's responsible for her disappearance... and then there's stating it's a fact. Nobody knows.

Yet another one of those recently registered to Boards users who espouse praying for young girls who wear revealing clothes, get drunk and then have the temerity to complain about being raped. Anti-abortion too I'll be bound, as well as finding Gemma Doherty normal. :rolleyes:

Yeah, I don't know, but I suspect a woman would be absolutely slated. Possibly a little more sympathy for her, sure, but still plenty of criticism.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 408 ✭✭SoundsRight

Look at Lying Eyes who tried to have her partner killed. It wasn't even taken seriously, the trial was like a soap opera. If it had been a man plotting to kill his wife they'd want him crucified.

There's absolutely nothing linking this man to Tina's disappearnce. People need to leave him alone and go pick on someone else.

Look at Lying Eyes who tried to have her partner killed. It wasn't even taken seriously, the trial was like a soap opera.
    Ah come on - one case? How about Catherine Nevin so? The scissor sisters?

• Advertisement

Look at Lying Eyes who tried to have her partner killed. It wasn't even taken seriously, the trial was like a soap opera. If it had been a man plotting to kill his wife they'd want him crucified.

There's absolutely nothing linking this man to Tina's disappearnce. People need to leave him alone and go pick on someone else.

Sorry we are leaving him alone, he’s the person who won’t leave us alone, constantly bombarding us with his ridiculous interviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

Sorry we are leaving him alone, he’s the person who won’t leave us alone, constantly bombarding us with his ridiculous interviews.
    Tv3 seem to love him !

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

It was blatently obvious she was dead/murdered from day one.

I've no clue who did it, but her husbands fanciful explanations about her disappearance threw everyone off the dead/murdered scent.

Why the gardai never treated this as murder and still don't is beyond me. They don't seriously think she's still alive?

Hmm let me see. Because he was the last person to see her alive? I don't know if he's responsible but common sense dictates that the last person to see someone alive becomes a person of interest.

His explanations about her disappearance were BS. There was something off about this case from the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Almost impossible to hide even under a new identity.
    PPS No. needed for nearly any job, dental records would show up too as Interpol and Europol would have them on file.

Dental records are generally used to identify a dead body. They can't be used to find someone living under a new identity.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

I'll see your Lying Eyes and raise you a Patrick Hennessy who beat his wife to death on the side of the road in front of two of their children because she got angry when he had to tell her he'd been suspended from his job on suspicion of embezzlement. Manslaughter!!!!!

There may be nothing linking Tina's disappearance to her husband but as is said the minute a woman marries or begins a relationship with a man she more than doubles her chances of being murdered. It's a fact. Not a palatable one but a fact nevertheless. The police always try to eliminate the husband as a suspect first. They don't seem to have done that in Tina's case.
    Although the overall risk of homicide for women was substantially lower than that of men (rate ratio [RR] = 0.27), their risk of being killed by a spouse or intimate acquaintance was higher (RR = 1.23). In contrast to men, the killing of a woman by a stranger was rare (RR = 0.18). More than twice as many women were shot and killed by their husband or intimate acquaintance than were murdered by strangers using guns, knives, or any other means.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1635092

This article is worth a read also.

everybody should completely ignore it. this piece of **** tries to make money out of it again.

Media interviews don't pay him.

I've never seen him interviewed. That's something a viewer has to seek out. Nobody is being involuntarily bombarded with anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭donkeykong5

I've never seen him interviewed. That's something a viewer has to seek out. Nobody is being involuntarily bombarded with anything.
    Hes constantly on tv3 news

• Closed Accounts Posts: 612 ✭✭✭KevinCavan

The sad thing is she’s unlikely to be alive and 2 years on with no breaks in the case, it is likely to become a cold case. So whoever you think did it is irrelavent really, the guards will never catch her killer. Finding her body won’t yield much at this stage either.

• Advertisement

Tv interviews, radio interviews, newspaper articles. I just went on the Irish examiner there last night which I do most days and who’s on it ya him again. I didn’t click on the article cause I’m sick of reading the crap he comes out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭Brock Turnpike

Waiting a few days to report someone missing = massive red flag imo

• Registered Users Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭valoren

Was in Cal Flavin's in Youghal weeks ago and the rear entrance goes onto the street that the Satchwell's live on. It is literally around the corner. Given that we were in close proximity to their house, I absentmindedly told my wife about the body that was discovered earlier that week in Wexford as we walked around the corner and that people thought it might be "herself" meaning Tina. Just as we turn the corner who is putting the key into his door only Richard Satchwell. I would have been mortified to be speculating about her by name and have the man hear it. He is a big man. Always got the impression he was smaller. I wouldn't fancy taking a punch from him put it that way. If she was physically abusing him then given his stature he must have been totally devoted to her to take that abuse.

valoren wrote: »
    Was in Cal Flavin's in Youghal weeks ago and the rear entrance goes onto the street that the Satchwell's live on. It is literally around the corner. Given that we were in close proximity to their house, I absentmindedly told my wife about the body that was discovered earlier that week in Wexford as we walked around the corner and that people thought it might be "herself" meaning Tina. Just as we turn the corner who is putting the key into his door only Richard Satchwell. I would have been mortified to be speculating about her by name and have the man hear it. He is a big man. Always got the impression he was smaller. I wouldn't fancy taking a punch from him put it that way. If she was physically abusing him then given his stature he must have been totally devoted to her to take that abuse.

A bit like the Michael Jackson documentary, we only have his word for that. Of course he is going to portray himself in the best possible light and her in the worst possible light. There is no-one who can independently verify this and she was so isolated we can only depend on his word which is doubtful at best.

A bit like the Michael Jackson documentary, we only have his word for that.

Yeah, but we have plenty of proof that Jackson was a total weirdo who liked to sleep in beds with young children.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

Only he knows if he did it but he doesn't come off as the most sympathetic of characters even though thats what he blatantly tries to play. That guff he constantly spouts about his arms being open and the animals missing her is vomit worthy. IF she did do a runner with his (30 grand or whatever it was) he's being mighty pathetic still pining after her after 2 years. And if he got rid of her he's laughing at us all everytime we give him oxygen to bleat on about how wonderfully he treated he.

I personally think he did it ...and got lucky with whatever way he disposed of the body so much so that he's confidentally gonna be in our faces for years to come every anniversary of her death or even everytime one of her animals die !

Effects wrote: »
    Yeah, but we have plenty of proof that Jackson was a total weirdo

Whereas Richard Satchwell is a perfectly normal guy!

Not going over the Jackson case on here.

As a general point, its a pity the Gardaí took as gospel the word of the last person to see someone alive. By the time they realized something was amiss it was too late to carry out a proper investigation or preserve a possible crime scene. CCTV, witness memories, and crime scene evidence would all have been wiped or cleaned up. The longer you leave these things, the less chance of solving a crime like this and unfortunately her disappearance or murder may never be fully solved now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

He'd be more believable if he said or did nothing at all,but providing recent photos of their dogs to the press to urge her to come home is suiting his image as the devastated husband alone now with their canine family.

fepper wrote: »
    He'd be more believable if he said or did nothing at all,but providing recent photos of their dogs to the press to urge her to come home is suiting his image as the devastated husband alone now with their canine family.

Agreed. A lot of his interviews seem to be an attempt at good PR for himself and to undermine Tina's reputation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

fepper wrote: »

Is he going to the press or is the press going to him?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement