Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,564 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

It was blatently obvious she was dead/murdered from day one.

I've no clue who did it, but her husbands fanciful explanations about her disappearance threw everyone off the dead/murdered scent.

Why the gardai never treated this as murder and still don't is beyond me. They don't seriously think she's still alive?

The Gardai seem to have never taken this case seriously - think of the two caught on TV with a sign taking the mickey out of Richard. We've also heard SFA from her family IIRC. My theory? She fecked off and left him and is just fine - and has let the Gardai know which is why they're not doing anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Is he going to the press or is the press going to him?

I'd say publicity sits very comfortable with him at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭rawn

The Gardai seem to have never taken this case seriously - think of the two caught on TV with a sign taking the mickey out of Richard. We've also heard SFA from her family IIRC. My theory? She fecked off and left him and is just fine - and has let the Gardai know which is why they're not doing anything.

IIRC news stations can't advertise a missing person without Gardai permission, which they wouldn't give if they knew she was OK. So if they knew, we wouldn't be seeing Richard in the news at all.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

Did he ever do the lie detector test?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

If he was involved, surely he would have left the country by now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Our detectives are not thick. They know Tina is dead and they know who murdered her they have not got the evidence yet to prosecute

I am sure they are actively looking at the case.

They look at the last person to see her alive and they also look at spouses.

It will take time but Tina will get justice one day.

• Registered Users Posts: 924 ✭✭✭okedoke

foxyladyxx wrote: »
    Our detectives are not thick.

not sure about that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,257 ✭✭✭BettePorter

It would be nice to think she'd just done a 'sleeping with the enemy 'style escape and was now living a new life somewhere but that's very unlikely. And the guards wouldn't be digging up forests looking for her if they knew that.
    My only surprise is her family's reaction. It's fairly obvious they don't like him ... but how come none of them are coming out and saying ....We think she was murdered and we think we know who was involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,770 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

Boggles wrote: »
    If he was involved, surely he would have left the country by now.

He's slowly turning into a type of anti-hero the longer this goes unsolved.

Our detectives are not thick. They know Tina is dead and they know who murdered her they have not got the evidence yet to prosecute

I am sure they are actively looking at the case.

They look at the last person to see her alive and they also look at spouses.

It will take time but Tina will get justice one day.

All evidence points to the contrary. It looks like they have no evidence to arrest anyone agreed. They probably delayed too long in treating her disappearance as suspicious allowing crucial time for evidence to be destroyed and public cctv cameras to be wiped. No evidence they have seriously questioned any suspect. Richard for example moved from saying everything was perfect in the marriage to then saying there was domestic violence involved, to her threathening to leave him. Not such a perfect marriage afterall. It all just flew over the gardai's heads when it would set off alarm bells with everyone else.

A disappearance without evidence of life and out of character usually means one thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

All evidence points to the contrary. It looks like they have no evidence to arrest anyone agreed. They probably delayed too long in treating her disappearance as suspicious allowing crucial time for evidence to be destroyed and public cctv cameras to be wiped. No evidence they have seriously questioned any suspect. Richard for example moved from saying everything was perfect in the marriage to then saying there was domestic violence involved, to her threathening to leave him. Not such a perfect marriage afterall. It all just flew over the gardai's heads when it would set off alarm bells with everyone else. [/B]

A disappearance without evidence of life and out of character usually means one thing.

BIB. .no evidence of that at all . .I know some detectives and they work with a lot of other experts. .This case would be examined with a fine tooth comb. Red flags there are aplenty.

But there is no such thing as the perfect murder.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,229 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sadly there is, dozens in this country that will never be solved.

All evidence points to the contrary. It looks like they have no evidence to arrest anyone agreed. They probably delayed too long in treating her disappearance as suspicious allowing crucial time for evidence to be destroyed and public cctv cameras to be wiped. No evidence they have seriously questioned any suspect. Richard for example moved from saying everything was perfect in the marriage to then saying there was domestic violence involved, to her threathening to leave him. Not such a perfect marriage afterall. It all just flew over the gardai's heads when it would set off alarm bells with everyone else.

It cant be a coincidence that he thinks she's out there alive and no personal sightings or CCTV of her when they were supposed to be coming back to their home from that car boot event,meticulous planning has enabled him to be very confident to throw out a acceptable story to the public that no one has been able to dispute,planning for this could be going on for months to get it perfect and seems to have worked

• Registered Users Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Oh yes, there is.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

My theory? She fecked off and left him and is just fine - and has let the Gardai know which is why they're not doing anything.

So the big dig in the woods they did in Cork, that was all just to keep the cover story going to keep Richard off the case?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭tara73

Dr Strange wrote: »
    Oh yes, there is.

yes? how does it look like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

fepper wrote: »
    It cant be a coincidence that he thinks she's out there alive and no personal sightings or CCTV of her when they were supposed to be coming back to their home from that car boot event,meticulous planning has enabled him to be very confident to throw out a acceptable story to the public that no one has been able to dispute,planning for this could be going on for months to get it perfect and seems to have worked

But was there cctv along that route?
    From what i recall it was fairly rural.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 946 ✭✭✭Phileas Frog

tara73 wrote: »

Tina Satchwell. Deirdre Jacob. Etc.

Everyone knows who did it, no-one can prove it

Effects wrote: »
    So the big dig in the woods they did in Cork, that was all just to keep the cover story going to keep Richard off the case?

Definitely not. They thought she was there, but it was a case of a needle in a haystack if she was.
    The gardai were/are late to the party. She was long gone/buried/disappeared at sea by the time they got involved. Now they are chasing their tales and haven't a clue. CCTV would be critical to piecing together final movements of a victim or perpetrator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,812 ✭✭✭✭evolving_doors

tara73 wrote: »

Read any Agetha Christie ...but take out the smartass protagonist.

the perfect crime doesn't mean there's no evidence left behind. It just means the perpetrator never gets discovered.

• Advertisement

But was there cctv along that route?
    From what i recall it was fairly rural.

Surely they'd be CCTV sightings in youghal town on his supposed 2 of them coming back into town,but maybe he didn't go back to youghal that evening but gardai would have to take him at his word that he did,no proof they did or didn't come home then,he seems to be in control of all the information that he wants us to know

Surely they'd be CCTV sightings in youghal town on his supposed 2 of them coming back into town,but maybe he didn't go back to youghal that evening but gardai would have to take him at his word that he did,no proof they did or didn't come home then,he seems to be in control of all the information that he wants us to know

Relatively simple for the gardai. Ask him to account for his movements in the days prior to and the day of her disappearance. Which shops he visited, petrol stations etc. Was she with him in the car or the shops. Then request the CCTV from all these premises. I'm pretty sure he needed petrol/diesel at some stage, everyone does.

The longer you give someone time, the more they can work on their alibis and the less chance of evidence being there such as cctv. At this stage, the probability of solving this crime is very small.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭Paddy Cow

Relatively simple for the gardai. Ask him to account for his movements in the days prior to and the day of her disappearance. Which shops he visited, petrol stations etc. Was she with him in the car or the shops. Then request the CCTV from all these premises. I'm pretty sure he needed petrol/diesel at some stage, everyone does.

The longer you give someone time, the more they can work on their alibis and the less chance of evidence being there such as cctv. At this stage, the probability of solving this crime is very small.
    It depends on how long people store their CCTV for. It was four days before Richard reported her missing and gave the impression that she had left him, saying she took two suitcases and €26,000. By the time the Guards were looking seriously, chances are there was no CCTV.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,934 ✭✭✭✭fin12

He said they did go home cause he went out to get pizza.

Someone said here he was selling old phones and second hand cars on the internet after she disappeared.

fin12 wrote: »
    He said they did go home cause he went out to get pizza.

Id take that answer from him with a pinch of salt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Tina Satchwell. Deirdre Jacob. Etc.

Everyone knows who did it, no-one can prove it

I wish you'd let me in on the secret because I haven't a clue who did those murders you mentioned plus the etc. :confused:

If the pizza place had cctv it would be easy to check. If not the staff would surely remember him. If the gardai didn't check this out they are incompetent at best.

If the pizza place had cctv it would be easy to check. If not the staff would surely remember him. If the gardai didn't check this out they are incompetent at best.
    I don't doubt he may have got pizza but that doesn't prove she was at home waiting for him and the pizza,if she was there with him there at takeaway and could be verified by staff or CCTV, that would've been a fantastic lead,that would put a end to any plan he had in mind I feel ,he's not going to be incriminating himself by mixing with the public or in pubic places during those supposedly 4 days unless it suits his alibis

• Advertisement

No but I’m saying if he said that there should be cctv of him picking up the pizza.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement