Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    Well maybe they are like everyone on here ......assuming Richard is guilty with absolutely no evidence.

Not sure anyone said he was out and out guilty of anything.

What some people have said is her disappearance is suspicious. I think that's a fairly straightforward assumption based on what we know about the case.

People will draw their own conclusions from her suspicious disappearance. You cannot force people to think one way or the other and they will always draw their own conclusions.

BENDYBINN wrote: »
    There is no evidence that she is dead either............you only want evidence when it suits you!

There is no proof of life, none what so ever. From that we can take it as a given she's dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭BENDYBINN

There is no proof of life, none what so ever. From that we can take it as a given she's dead.

The same was said about John Darwin!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

. From that we can take it as a given she's dead.

No you can't. And the Detectives wouldn't operate that way either.

Chances are she is no longer with us, but that is not a given or a fact until it becomes one from further credible information or evidence.

Repeating "it's a given" over and over on an internet forum does not actually make it a given.

Unless you are privy to information the rest of us are not?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

There is no proof of death either!

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement

Boggles wrote: »

Chances are she is no longer with us, but that is not a given or a fact until it becomes one from further credible information or evidence.

Repeating "it's a given" over and over on an internet forum does not actually make it a given.

The probability that some conspiracy is keeping her hidden, safe and well and helping her out of the limelight is between slim and none. Or that she left the country even when the gardai found no evidence of this.

There's been not a single witness account to her being alive since she disappeared.

The gardai have found no evidence she is alive, such as airport and port cctvs. Also they carried out searches on the basis she's probably dead unless they thought she was living in a public park.

So nope, no evidence she is alive.

Only the incredibly naïve and gullible would believe she is alive. And sadly these gullible people are giving credence to the idea it shouldn't be properly investigated and she will just turn up.

20 years from now they will still be spouting the same about this woman.

She's dead. We all know that.

Next you will be telling us there's a chance Elvis is still alive!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,398 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

The probability that some conspiracy is keeping her hidden, safe and well and helping her out of the limelight is between slim and none. Or that she left the country even when the gardai found no evidence of this.

There's been not a single witness account to her being alive since she disappeared.

The gardai have found no evidence she is alive, such as airport and port cctvs. Also they carried out searches on the basis she's probably dead unless they thought she was living in a public park.

Only the incredibly naïve and gullible would believe she is alive. And sadly these gullible people are giving credence to the idea it shouldn't be properly investigated and she will just turn up.

There's been not a single witness account to her being dead either.

Only the incredibly naïve and gullible would buy into speculation with no hard proof whatsoever.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

Yeah, but the point remains. You don't actually know, do you?

Yeah, but the point remains. You don't actually know, do you?

OK, lets go through this one step at a time.

The missing women from the midlands/Leinster area in the 1990s. Are they still alive in your view?

• Advertisement

OK, lets go through this one step at a time.

The missing women from the midlands/Leinster area in the 1990s. Are they still alive in your view?

Whataboutery? No lets do it this way.

We will stick to this particular case.

Bunch of people on the internet or you can not establish the fact you have been claiming, they just have opinions, opinion is not fact.

Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭fepper

Its the implication of Richard having something to do with her disappearance and not her fate at any stage that Richard will be remembered for,it was never about her really....

Whataboutery? No lets do it this way.

We will stick to this particular case.

Bunch of people on the internet or you can not establish the fact you have been claiming, they just have opinions, opinion is not fact.

Correct?

Nice deflection.

So I will ask you again.

The missing women from the mid 90s. Where are they now?

This is your logic I am following by the way, not mine. Your logic that a missing person who is missing for years with absolutely no proof of life might be alive based it seems on the testimony of the last/sole witness to see them.

So I will ask again, where are the women from the mid 90s? Are they going to turn up some day?

You see how flawed your logic is yet? Or more likely you will deflect again.

You've bought the nonsense Richard Satchwell spouted hook line and sinker. Now I don't know if he's guilty of her disappearance or death, but I know a spoofer when I see one and he's certainly one. You can smell the bullsh*t off him at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I have no idea whether she is alive or dead and I have no idea whether or not Richard is involved but I do know that he certainly did not help matters by not reporting her missing for four days. People have rows all the time sure, people go for walks to blow off steam, of course; but I would be seriously worried about my partner’s safety had they not returned after one day, never mind four, and especially so if they were as vulnerable as Richard paints Tina as being. Those immediate hours are critical.
    I’m a little hazy on the details but I don’t believe they had a row before she went missing either? Even more baffling that he didn’t report her gone.

This is your logic I am following by the way, not mine. Your logic that a missing person who is missing for years with absolutely no proof of life might be alive based it seems on the testimony of the last/sole witness to see them.

That's not my logic. :confused:

Anyway do you think there is any chance there is information about this couple or this case that you are not privy to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

That's not my logic. :confused:

Anyway do you think there is any chance there is information about this couple or this case that you are not privy to?

That is your logic. By your reckoning all the disappeared in northern Ireland aren't actually dead either until the IRA give the location of their bodies.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    That is your logic. By your reckoning all the disappeared in northern Ireland aren't actually dead either until the IRA give the location of their bodies.

No, not at all.

Did Tina disappear at the height of the troubles?

That's just nonsensical whataboutery, isn't it?

I have no idea whether she is alive or dead and I have no idea whether or not Richard is involved but I do know that he certainly did not help matters by not reporting her missing for four days. People have rows all the time sure, people go for walks to blow off steam, of course; but I would be seriously worried about my partner’s safety had they not returned after one day, never mind four, and especially so if they were as vulnerable as Richard paints Tina as being. Those immediate hours are critical.
    I’m a little hazy on the details but I don’t believe they had a row before she went missing either? Even more baffling that he didn’t report her gone.

That's it in a nutshell.

If my partner went missing for even a number of hours without contact, I'd
    1. Call friends and family
    2. Call gardai
    3. Organise a search party if it went beyond 12 hours.

Even if you had the worst argument in the world, you wouldn't do nothing for 4 days.

Who buys Richard's bullsh*t? Only the gullible it seems.

No, not at all.

Its got nothing to do with whataboutery. You are either dead or alive, there no grey areas in between. All the missing people who have been missing years are not going to suddenly turn up.

Some people genuinely do go missing until gardai are satisfied they are still alive - eg the person makes contact to say they are safe and well, there's been a witness sighting, or they have gone to stay with friends and family, and a couple other pieces of evidence.

There is no evidence of any of that in this case. So the strong probability is she is dead, far more than the probability she is alive.

There is no evidence of any of that in this case

There is no evidence that you are aware of.

Because you are just a random guy on the internet shooting the shít with absolute no inside knowledge of this case, is that correct?

• Advertisement

No, not at all.

No she didn't but you're not taking the circumstances of Tina's disappearance into account so you can't take the circumstances of the disappeared into account either.

No she didn't but you're not taking the circumstances of Tina's disappearance into account so you can't take the circumstances of the disappeared into account either.

I absolutely am.

And as I have all ready stated the chances are she is dead.

That's different to saying she is 100% dead, you do understand that right?

But again I'll state, none of us on here are I'd imagine privy to the entire facts of this case, the couple or the circumstances.

So again, it's just our opinions based on a partial story.

Opinion is not fact.

I absolutely am.

And as I have all ready stated the chances are she is dead.

That's different to saying she is 100% dead, you do understand that right?

But again I'll state, none of us on here are I'd imagine privy to the entire facts of this case, the couple or the circumstances.

So again, it's just our opinions based on a partial story.

Opinion is not fact.

So until the disappeared are found you must think the chances are they are dead?

Because, like, anything else would just be opinion right?

So until the disappeared are found you must think the chances are they are dead?

What disappeared?

What disappeared?

My will to bother having a conversation with you.

My will to bother having a conversation with you.

Good for you.

There is no evidence that you are aware of.

Because you are just a random guy on the internet shooting the shít with absolute no inside knowledge of this case, is that correct?

Deflection again. Its a habit of yours when your logic has been exposed.

Everyone knows Tina ain't coming back, except the incredibly naïve, a bracket I include you in.

Her family have come out repeatedly and said they are extremely concerned for her welfare and she has not made contact. They will have more insight than you ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,708 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

That's an opinion based on, well I don't know what it is actually based on

Fact and vast experience.
    but it is certainly not a definite fact as was stated in the post I replied to.

Is it?

Yes. It is indeed.

The point is, there was no evidence from the start that Tina had taken off with two suitcases to make a new life for herself.
    The implication was she had come to serious harm, that's not my opinion, the facts point to this, ie no communication with anyone and it being completely out of character according to her own family.
    The Gardaí unfortunately took a wait and see approach, and this means the case will go unsolved the longer it goes on as evidence degrades and disappears.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭pablo128

Who is saying it shouldn't be properly investigated?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement