Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,176 ✭✭✭ToBeFrank123

People don't up sticks and disappear off the face of the earth, without significant assistance and contact from others.

There hasn't been a single contact or eye witness account of her leaving their home, and no-one has seen her alive since.

I'm not sure Richard had anything to do with her disappearance, but its clear as day the guy is talking a load of b*llix. And because of that people will draw their own conclusions.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Boggles wrote: »
    So she legs it with his money and leaves everyone to think he is a murderer and you think he is the bad guy in that scenario?

No. I am hypothesising that even if she left him for another man, it doesn’t say much for the type of relationship they had that she would rather flee in whatever brief window she had and prefer to leave him with the impression that she is dead than just end the relationship and move on. It gives the impression that she would be fearful of the repercussions of ending it. I never said it made him “the bad guy”, I said it doesn’t exactly say much for him or their relationship. It doesn’t say much for her either mind you, but again we dont know the reality of their relationship.

And to be clear, I don’t believe any of this happened.

No. I am hypothesising that even if she left him for another man, it doesn’t say much for the type of relationship they had that she would rather flee in whatever brief window she had and prefer to leave him with the impression that she is dead than just end the relationship and move on. It gives the impression that she would be fearful of the repercussions of ending it. I never said it made him “the bad guy”, I said it doesn’t exactly say much for him or their relationship. It doesn’t say much for her either mind you, but again we dont know the reality of their relationship.

His description of the nature of their relationship changes with the weather. One minute its idyllic, him the perfect husband; the next she's threathening to leave him so he won't find her - which of course sounds like more fabricated bullsh*t. In most accounts he tells, he's the hero, knight in shining armour, loyal husband, she's the thief, untrustworthy and so on. The guy should have worked in PR.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,228 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Sure maybe he thought they had a great relationship and she just wasn't a very nice person. I don't see how in that scenario the male automatically gets painted in a poor light.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

Sure maybe he thought they had a great relationship and she just wasn't a very nice person. I don't see how in that scenario the male automatically gets painted in a poor light.

Like I said, it doesn’t paint either of them in a particularly good light. But fleeing in what seems like panic and desperation without any of your belongings, leaving no trace of you since and the impression you are dead - is not exactly conducive to an image of a happy clappy relationship. Which is what my point was.

• Advertisement

Like I said, it doesn’t paint either of them in a particularly good light.

TBF in the post I replied to there was no bad light been shone on her, just him.

Like I mused before he could well be the victim in all this.

If some of the rumors are true, hopefully she does show up at some stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,565 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

So she legs it with his money and leaves everyone to think he is a murderer and you think he is the bad guy in that scenario?

What money? The people who bought the house in Fermoy haven't stated they gave any cash as part of the purchase.

JeffKenna wrote: »
    What money? The people who bought the house in Fermoy haven't stated they gave any cash as part of the purchase.

What do mean "haven't stated"?

You mean they have said nothing at all publicly?

Anyone getting the impression the Gardaí couldn't be bothered investigating this properly and have treated it as a domestic missing person's case until she turns up? Only problem is she is missing 2 years now with no evidence she will turn up.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,312 ✭✭✭pgj2015

Anyone getting the impression the Gardaí couldn't be bothered investigating this properly and have treated it as a domestic missing person's case until she turns up? Only problem is she is missing 2 years now with no evidence she will turn up.

I suppose thats why they spent so much time and money digging up the woods in cork looking for her. searching from 8am to 6pm daily, involving members of the gardai, defence forces,garda dogs, specially trained cadaver dog brought in from the UK. they are lazy if you ask me.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

pgj2015 wrote: »
    I suppose thats why they spent so much time and money digging up the woods in cork looking for her. searching from 8am to 6pm daily, involving members of the gardai, defence forces,garda dogs, specially trained cadaver dog brought in from the UK. they are lazy if you ask me.:rolleyes:

But they turned up nothing. It was a poor use of time and resources based on a weak theory. Hardly the outcome of a thorough investigation.

But they turned up nothing. It was a poor use of time and resources based on a weak theory. Hardly the outcome of a thorough investigation.

Weak compared to what? "Yer man is obviously guilty - sure look at the head on him"

Like I said, it doesn’t paint either of them in a particularly good light. But fleeing in what seems like panic and desperation without any of your belongings, leaving no trace of you since and the impression you are dead - is not exactly conducive to an image of a happy clappy relationship. Which is what my point was.

Yes obviously they had a bad relationship - but that's not automatically because he was some bad guy, or they were both to blame. Many bad relationships are because of one partner being a bad person, and it isn't always the man by any stretch.

Weak compared to what? "Yer man is obviously guilty - sure look at the head on him"

Yes because clearly everyone should be judged guilty or innocent based on how they look.

You obviously haven't followed this case or know the major issues around it, the holes in some people's stories, the wild conspiracy theories about Tina hiding out or being hidden away, or the delays in gathering crucial evidence until it was too late.

In a world of CCTV, mobile phones and even dashcams, its very difficult to simply disappear off the face of the earth. Anyone who does usually comes to a bad end. Add to that, that no-one has seen her alive or leave the house as Richard says she did, and major questions remain to be answered.

So yes digging up a park based on a hunch and not hard evidence was a waste of time and resources.

So yes digging up a park based on a hunch and not hard evidence was a waste of time and resources.

Was it not based on an "eye witness" saying they saw someone fitting her description enter the woods with a man and the man left on his own?

I can just imagine the outrage if that wasn't followed up.

Was it not based on an "eye witness" saying they saw someone fitting her description enter the woods with a man and the man left on his own?

I can just imagine the outrage if that wasn't followed up.

Cases like this tend to attract oddballs looking for their 15 minutes of fame and that appears to be the most likely scenario here. Tip offs are well and good but they also need to fit in with wider evidence such as cctv or known movements of a victim or perpetrator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The thing is, even if she did want out and wanted to run away with a million men and start a new life - it doesn’t say much for him the fact she couldn’t just tell him she wanted to end it and take up with someone else. Relationships end all the time, people move on and meet new partners all the time, that’s nothing out of the ordinary. It’s just strange that if this was the case for Tina, she thought that running away in the blink of an eye making herself disappear so drastically was the only way she could go about this.
    I’m not convinced this is what happened but even if it did, it doesn’t paint a good picture of him.

It does not sound strange at all to me the fact that, she did not tell him that she wanted out, if she thought that it would put her in danger if she uttered the word,
    I do know of someone that did just that, they knew they could end up beaten up or worse,
    They just asked for help and got it, a little phone call later by another person to let the person know that their partner was not coming back, was all it took. the sting lasted a couple months and died down

We do not know if there was 2 euro or the amount stated in the house, it is just someone saying that it was taken, she may have had a nest egg that he knew nothing of to rely on.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

JeffKenna wrote: »
    When did I say he was guilty of murder? He's the most likely suspect in my view yes. I responded to a post stating that the local narrative at the time was that she was a slut who was with a load of different fellas and probably ran off with one. That wasn't the local narrative I heard.

Fair enough. l live near enough too, and that's the version I got anytime I asked.

How come your gossip stays while mine was taken off the thread btw ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Micko99

Any latest updates on this case? I reckon at this stage it has become a cold case with all leads exhausted. Saw an interesting fact about homicide cases in Ireland last year, in all but one of the cases the murderer was known to the killer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭Odelay

Micko99 wrote: »
    Any latest updates on this case? I reckon at this stage it has become a cold case with all leads exhausted. Saw an interesting fact about homicide cases in Ireland last year, in all but one of the cases the murderer was known to the killer.

Well you’re hardly to murder someone you don’t know!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

I'd say something will surface eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Odelay wrote: »

So you think no one has ever been murdered by a stranger????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Odelay wrote: »

Hmmmm, you didn't really think that through did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

I seen the husband on the south mall 2 weeks ago working away doing deliveries, there were a few people looking at him/taking photos (maybe not of him,but in his direction) which was wrong. People have their opinions of him but only a court of law can judge and that has not happened.

Bit like Ian Bailey. People just presume he is guilty.
    If he's not guilty it's a life sentence anyway through public curiosity and media intrusion.
    If he is guilty it still needs to be proven in a court of law.
    Until we know one way or the other I reckon he should get the benefit if the doubt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

inthehat wrote: »
    Bit like Ian Bailey. People just presume he is guilty.
    If he's not guilty it's a life sentence anyway through public curiosity and media intrusion.
    If he is guilty it still needs to be proven in a court of law.
    Until we know one way or the other I reckon he should get the benefit if the doubt.

The difference to the Bailey case is Marie Farrell came forward to say she seen him at the bridge near the house on the night of the crime before retracting it years later, that didn’t happen in this case but armchair viewers see themselves as judge,jury and executioner

• Registered Users Posts: 4,939 ✭✭✭goat2

The difference to the Bailey case is Marie Farrell came forward to say she seen him at the bridge near the house on the night of the crime before retracting it years later, that didn’t happen in this case but armchair viewers see themselves as judge,jury and executioner

Why did she retract her version of events, If Mr Bailey is innocent, he has suffered a lot, his life changed a lot I should think

Both cases are baffling. The more time passes the less chance of solving them.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Lots of people here who owe him an apology. Massive humble pie required to feed all of them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,322 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Lots of people here who owe him an apology. Massive humble pie required to feed all of them.

Has something come to light?! Please share :eek::eek::eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement