Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tina Satchwell News updates MOD NOTE POST ONE

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Detectives are now awaiting the results of pathology and forensic anthropology tests to determine if the remains are female rather than male. They also want to find out if the remains date to a time period over the last five to 25 years.

Interesting development

• Registered Users Posts: 17,117 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

road_high wrote: »
    Just read that and was going to post here- in some ways I hope it is her as it would mean some closure for the family and evidence of how she died and hopefully some justice- it sounds like it is very possibly is her reading between the lines.
    To end up where she did sounds very like a dumped body or remains so she was murdered (if it’s Tina) ?

Yeah, the items found with the remains point to her in my mind anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭foxyladyxx

Religious jewellery mentioned - seem to recall in pics of her she did wear lots of jewellery?[/QUOT

Tina was religious I seem to recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,417 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Next question is if it is her how did she get there and why. She wasn’t registered missing for 4 days. I presume all concerned parties mobile phones have been checked, cctv nearby if any

• Registered Users Posts: 654 ✭✭✭Pablo Escobar

Next question is if it is her how did she get there and why. She wasn’t registered missing for 4 days. I presume all concerned parties mobile phones have been checked, cctv nearby if any

The original site that was searched in Castlemartyr is only a few mins drive from where the body was found.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

I can't find it now, but I recall him saying something along the lines of she had asked him to go to church with her and say a prayer not long before she went missing? Would indicate she was somewhat religious....

• Registered Users Posts: 30,596 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I found the whole thing confusing to be honest.
    I got the impression they had each other and lived in one another's pockets nearly and she wasn't that close to her family.
    It would also be out of character for her to go away for a few days.
    However he didn't report he missing for a few days.

She wasn't into phones really from what I remember.

They lived very near the Credit Union in Youghal so they may have being CCTV on the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭cannotlogin

None of the story ever made sense....

1. Most people don't take 4 days to report a loved one missing

2. Most people don't assume if their spouse can't be found that they must be visting family

3. I can't even tell you what suit cases are in my house really - one is blue and the other is grey. No other identifiable details, no idea what brand etc. The sheer co-incidence of her spouse not only being able to identify them but also to find them is just remarkable

4. If we go with the the theory, she left volunarily, it doesn't seem to fit. Dog lovers rarely leave their dogs voluntarily and vanish without a passport. Highly unusual for there to be absolutely zero sightings of her at the time

5. If we go with the theory she didn't leave voluntarily, I don't know many abductors that would suggest you pack a suitcase first

I think someone thinks we are all very stupid!

Whoever it is, May they Rest In Peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,376 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I found the whole thing confusing to be honest.
    I got the impression they had each other and lived in one another's pockets nearly and she wasn't that close to her family.
    It would also be out of character for her to go away for a few days.
    However he didn't report he missing for a few days.

She wasn't into phones really from what I remember.

They lived very near the Credit Union in Youghal so they may have being CCTV on the street.

CCTV wasn't working and she told him if she ever left not to look for her or call the guards according to him.
    Also I think he said he thought she might come back.

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote: »
    CCTV wasn't working and she told him if she ever left not to look for her or call the guards according to him.
    Also I think he said he thought she might come back.

Alright, I wonder was there any other CCTV in Youghal.

I wonder why did he report her missing after four days then if those were her wishes.

The dog point somebody else made was also interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The original site that was searched in Castlemartyr is only a few mins drive from where the body was found.

If true that’s a big development

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭TheQuietBeatle

The tests should indicate how she died. It sounds like the remains may have been thrown from a bridge above. They're reviewing if buried or not also.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

I think all indicators point to the inevitable. Not sure if any females have gone missing in that area without a trace in the 5 or 6 years?

One thing that's a positive, hopefully the family get some closure. To many women have gone missing in the country and mother and fathers have gone to their grave without know the truth.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,676 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

The tests should indicate how she died. It sounds like the remains may have been thrown from a bridge above. They're reviewing if buried or not also.

Sounds awful :/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 60 ✭✭Follow_ur_lead

You'd hope thrown from the bridge they were dead beforehand and didnt lie there unable to move.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

I don't know the area, could it be that the person jumped?

You certainly wouldn't walk to Middleton from Youghal so all points to Tina being brought there (most likely dead by then). Edit: Assuming they confirm it to be her.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭den87

strandroad wrote: »
    I don't know the area, could it be that the person jumped?

Very doubtful

Some clothing and jewellery found also....it should be easy enough to rule Tina in or out. This could be a breakthrough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭champchamp

Where were the remains found exactly?

champchamp wrote: »
    Where were the remains found exactly?
    On the old railway line between Midleton and Youghal. 3kms east of Midleton.

inthehat wrote: »

I read somewhere that it was under a road bridge over the old rail line.

inthehat wrote: »

Kind of know the area, sounds like near Mogeely?
    Surely the alleged killer would have known there was a big greenway being built along there and builders would possibly find the remains? I’m in Kilkenny and knew that had started construction to Youghal along the old railway line.
    Could it have been suicide? Those railway bridges tend to be not that high- you’d do yourself a serious injury but likely not kill yourself. Plus that old line has been become vastly overgrown- more likely a place if you wanted to hide/dispose of a body

About 6kms I believe - not far at all.

Religious jewellery mentioned - seem to recall in pics of her she did wear lots of jewellery?

Someone posted a pic online of her wearing a cross and chain under one of the articles.

About 6kms I believe - not far at all.

They must have had some lead in the general area? That was a forest or wood they searched a few years ago?

They must have had some lead in the general area? That was a forest or wood they searched a few years ago?

A witness came forward at the time saying they spotted an individual acting unusual around the time of her disappearance in the woods. The speculation at the time was that that person was looking to find a place for burial.

It was. And they were very strong at the time that the information they received was very credible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

If the body was dumped there the perpetrator either didn’t do their homework or wanted the body found eventually. It’s been well known for years what the plans were for that line. RIP to the deceased, they are still someone’s child.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement