Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weeds. Weeds everywhere

Options
  • 19-08-2017 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭

What can i so to stop them? They literally take over the whole garden no matter how much I kill them off or rip them up by the root. We went away for the week and came back to somethimg resembling a jungle. areas that had nothing but plants in them were now overtaken by weeds nearly 1 foot high, and some sort of keeper that seems to have taken a liking to my garden!!!. There has to be a solution??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭macraignil

Some people cover their out door space in concrete or tarmac or some type of paving stone which makes it a bit more difficult for the weeds to take hold and overtake the garden but this will also make it difficult to grow anything else. A grass lawn will out-compete the weeds if kept regularly cut and so will many shrubs and trees but the height of these will also need to be kept under control in most garden situations. These solutions are not 100% effective and even when applied correctly some weeds will need to be controlled from time to time. The same goes for synthetic weed control membranes that can be used in between shrubs to make life a bit more difficult for the weeds. We tend to get very fast weed growth at this time of year and most of my day tomorrow will need to be spent catching up on the weed control in my own garden using a trowel and maybe a clippers to trim a few edges.

Advertisement