Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 3 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Have the money for Walters to Pogba,am inclined to give Salah another weeks chance as Liverpool play against a leaky Arsenal defence next.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭Western Pomise

Thinking Firmino, KDB and Iwobi out for Mane, Chicarito and Jese for -4. Struggling to find a replacement for Iwobi under 6mil

Will you wait and see how KDB does first?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Torn between an 8-12 point hit and activating the wildcard tonight.

Had Speroni, Long, Holding, Alexander Arnold and Salah all not start for me today.

So I need to make a defensive change, but I also want Pogba and either Eriksen/Alli next week.

Is a wildcard worth it if you'll still end up with around 8 of the same players most likely, or are those 7 significant enough to be worth it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I'd nearly do a rage wildcard
    2nd last draft had Hegazi and Pogba. Watched supercup, thought Pogba was pants, changed him to Willian and upgraded my defence to Kolasinac.

Going to reverse that tonight I reckon.

Kolasinac/William out, Hegazi/Pogba in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,616 ✭✭✭caviardreams

CSF wrote: »

Had Speroni, Long, Holding, Alexander Arnold and Salah all not start for me today.

So I need to make a defensive change, but I also want Pogba and either Eriksen/Alli next week.

Is a wildcard worth it if you'll still end up with around 8 of the same players most likely, or are those 7 significant enough to be worth it?

Personally think if you can get away with just a -8 then I would save the wildcard. Salah will definitely start v Arsenal imo - that's his rest for a few weeks anyway I imagine. If they don't look like dropping price, you could bench one of the others perhaps and hold the transfer over until the following week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Alli, Mane... Walters, Carroll, Cork
    Aguero, Lukaku, Jesus
    1M itb

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on
    Jesus Walters to Pogba Chic.
    Both have nice fixtures bringing me up to my WC.
    Would have 2M itb so Aguero to Kane could happen if needed.

Anyone going to try and stop me?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

You make it sound gloomy. What's your team next week with a -8?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

ElTel wrote: »

You make it sound gloomy. What's your team next week with a -8?
    Dya know what? You and caviardreams are dead right. Gonna do Salah out for Pogba tonight, bring one of the Spurs defenders in for Holding later in the week, and decide after tomorrow and Monday whether De Bruyne to Alli is even worth it.

Cheers lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭podge018

reading these posts wondering what the hell everyone is doing with Walters in their team

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

KDB out to Pogba is the easy one, but then City are playing Bournemouth next week. That's a really good fixture to not have any City attackers.

Only other nice way I can bring Pogba in is Firmino out to someone at 6m or less and go Walters to Pogba then. Could also do Firmino to Hernandez and transfer Willian or Ramsey out to Pogba, but I'd like to get rid of Walters if possible.

I've a very good -8 set of

Walters to Pogba
    Kolasanic to Jones
    Firmino to Hernandez

but I'd rather not take a -8

• Registered Users Posts: 5,711 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Will you wait and see how KDB does first?

Yeah defo but starting to think hes just too expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Wouldn't that make the early transfer to Pogba an even better call? :confused::confused:
    If you transfer Salah out tonight why would you worry about him getting injured midweek?

It would. Sorry lads, didn't read that properly! :o

PARlance wrote: »
    Alli, Mane... Walters, Carroll, Cork
    Aguero, Lukaku, Jesus
    1M itb

Think I'm going to pull the trigger on
    Jesus Walters to Pogba Chic.
    Both have nice fixtures bringing me up to my WC.
    Would have 2M itb so Aguero to Kane could happen if needed.

Anyone going to try and stop me?

Why not keep Jesus as Kane's placeholder? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Is Hegazi going to be a full time first team player for West brom?

I originally planned on having Dawson but wasnt sure how good they would be this season but so far so good clean sheets.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Bad idea because it means you can't get United defensive cover (big Phil :))

Monreal out,The Many Faced God in.:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Is Hegazi going to be a full time first team player for West brom?

McCauley is also due back soon but it would be hard to drop him at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

Salah to Pogba done, can't take a risk with a £9m player being benched, so changing now to catch the price rise.

The next two fixtures are a lot more favourable to Pogba too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

McCauley is also due back soon but it would be hard to drop him at this rate.

And McCauley is 38 years old in fairness !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,299 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Tekkers out - Chico in. Might chance Mo Salah another week. He only has Arsenal at home next. But no armband :(

Pogba and Chicharito for Gro8 and Firmino with 2FTs?

It means I'm without a Liverpool attacker and Jones Mkhi and Pogba in my team. :eek: 0.5itb....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Why not keep Jesus as Kane's placeholder? :)

Would be 1M short of that at present. Think in need to go cheaper on my 3rd striker. It's limiting me to just 2 premium Mids, 5 strong attackers.

Degrading to Chico and bringing in Pogba gives me 6 with the potential of a 7th in the 5.5-7.0M range over the next few weeks.

PARlance wrote: »
    Would be 1M short of that at present. Think in need to go cheaper on my 3rd striker. It's limiting me to just 2 premium Mids, 5 strong attackers.

Degrading to Chico and bringing in Pogba gives me 6 with the potential of a 7th in the 5.5-7.0M range over the next few weeks.

I hear you, Check above.
    Kun and Jesus still in my team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,976 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

What's better?

A) Mkhi, Firmino

B) Ramsey, Jesus

What's better?

A) Mkhi, Firmino

B) Ramsey, Jesus

a

Gabbi got his goal today and resembled a professional footballer which was nice.......but Austin is there in the wings and came on for him when the game was level
    Meanwhile chicharito got 2 goals from nothing .

I'll probably make that change instead of trippier as dann has a home fixture against a toothless Swansea team
    Will wait till later in week though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,578 ✭✭✭skippy15

Pogba in like everyon else-
    But for William- looks good but hazard back soon so was not going be long term anyways, may rise tonight -
    Salah looks electric but is a rotation risk,
    KDB looked a must have as city cover and in pre season form,

At minute I have it William, then Salah and KDB last- anyone agree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Another one on the Pogba for Salah train here.

Banked my GW2 transfer.

That means I'll have Bailly, Pogba and Lukaku.

Many have Triple united coverage ?

Another one on the Pogba for Salah train here.

Banked my GW2 transfer.

That means I'll have Bailly, Pogba and Lukaku.

Many have Triple united coverage ?
    De gea pogba lukaku
    Was dead and buried before the 4pm game last weekend
    First game this week also went nicely

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 375 ✭✭Tylerdurex

Kane Alonso Debryune all going down tonight

Tylerdurex wrote: »

Feck!
    Kane will go back up again next week anyway but kdb could become an expensive problem soon

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Pop Quiz

Q. Solve for X:

Little Johnny has 7 Apples and he needs another apple so that he can buy some Pogba branded Cider priced at 8. Each Apple is worth 1.

Little Johnny already has half an Apple in the basket (ITB) so only needs half an apple (X)

He needs to spend 4 Oranges to release that extra half an apple needed to get the Pogba cider. With 7 Apples tied up in Willian and 5 apples invested in Cedric he could find that half an apple from swapping either of those along with the 4 oranges.

However part of the orchard isn't open until tomorrow so he doesn't know if those apples have started to rot yet?

A. Little Johnny has cracked open the cider and is already through his second Aaron Mooy!! :o

OR

A 4.5 defender to downgrade Cedric to or 6/6.5 to downgrade Willian to?

Jese worth a punt or Richarlson?

Obviously have a Zaha/Pogba issue which means I need to move tonight. I think Jese could be a popular move?

None of those 3 players are anywhere near a fall
    Panic over

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Holding out. Need a replacement.

Budget in 5m

Current defense is

DDG

Bavies
    Yoshida
    Hegazi
    Mee

.... Any recommendations?

Holding out. Need a replacement.

Budget in 5m

Current defense is

DDG

Bavies
    Yoshida
    Hegazi
    Mee

.... Any recommendations?

Mbemba
    4 ml Newcastle defender
    Will play next 2 so you may get a double rise

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I'm thinking Pogba & Jesus in for KDB & Firmino for a -4.

Pogba rising tonight so will have to pull the trigger this evening.

Yay or Nay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

Yay or Nay?

Just do the pogba one now. No rush on getting Jesus in. He's not going to rise & firmino not going to drop tonight.

Hogey007 wrote: »
    Just do the pogba one now. No rush on getting Jesus in. He's not going to rise & firmino not going to drop.

And he hasn't played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,962 ✭✭✭Hogey007

km79 wrote: »
    And he hasn't played

Yeah exactly, wait til he's played, no need to rush in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

This place is bananas tonight. Lads taking 4 and 8 point hits to transfer out players like KDB and Jesus who haven't even played yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Went with Walters to Pogba and Firmino to Okazaki. Okazaki basically just to enable getting Pogba in and Walters out. I can't get rid of KDB when they've got Bournemouth next week, he could run riot there

Tylerdurex wrote: »

None of these players will drop tonight according to FPL Stats

Benimar wrote: »
    This place is bananas tonight. Lads taking 4 and 8 point hits to transfer out players like KDB and Jesus who haven't even played yet!

How you holding up man? 'Tis mental.

How you holding up man? 'Tis mental.

Sitting back, smoking a proverbial cigar and wondering if the forum will self combust if KDB/Jesus score big on Monday and people realise they have Bournemouth next weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Yay or Nay?

Ahh it's pure knee jerk. I don't think I'll be doing any transfers this evening, will stick with what I have for the moment.

Think it was my disappointment at seeing the highest score today was 108 from a fella who only started this week. I have 101 points from 2GW's :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

gammygils wrote: »
    Tekkers out - Chico in. Might chance Mo Salah another week. He only has Arsenal at home next. But no armband :(

Left Salah in for one more week,the way Arsenal were set up earlier could see Liverpool run riot against them next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Even I wouldn't do that and I love an early value chasing transfer. (I did think about it :))

Won't be doing anything with KDB till after MNF.

Vardy to Chicarito my early favourite for my FT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

Pop Quiz

Q. Solve for X:

Little Johnny has 7 Apples and he needs another apple so that he can buy some Pogba branded Cider priced at 8. Each Apple is worth 1.

Little Johnny already has half an Apple in the basket (ITB) so only needs half an apple (X)

He needs to spend 4 Oranges to release that extra half an apple needed to get the Pogba cider. With 7 Apples tied up in Willian and 5 apples invested in Cedric he could find that half an apple from swapping either of those along with the 4 oranges.

However part of the orchard isn't open until tomorrow so he doesn't know if those apples have started to rot yet?

A. Little Johnny has cracked open the cider and is already through his second Aaron Mooy!! :o

OR

A 4.5 defender to downgrade Cedric to or 6/6.5 to downgrade Willian to?

Jese worth a punt or Richarlson?

Obviously have a Zaha/Pogba issue which means I need to move tonight. I think Jese could be a popular move?

Jese definitely looks a prospect, nice swap for Ward-prowse completed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭Mokuba

Looking at Ozil to Dele Alli right now, but could end up sitting on it and doing nothing. Won't make transfer until late in the week in case of injuries.

Pogba and Chicharito for Gro8 and Firmino with 2FTs?

It means I'm without a Liverpool attacker and Jones Mkhi and Pogba in my team. :eek: 0.5itb....

Done. :cool:......:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭Guffy

Have ddg myk and Lukaku... is there much point changing myk to pogba?

• Advertisement
Advertisement