Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much to offer childminder?

Options
  • 19-08-2017 2:32pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 229 ✭✭

I will be going back to work after maternity leave in October (sad face).... dont have family/friends that are able to mind baby when i go so would be looking for someone to mind him 2/3 days a week in my own house. Before i go advertising how much is the norm rate to be offering?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭jamesbondings

LouD2016 wrote: »
    I will be going back to work after maternity leave in October (sad face).... dont have family/friends that are able to mind baby when i go so would be looking for someone to mind him 2/3 days a week in my own house. Before i go advertising how much is the norm rate to be offering?

When we were looking the going rate for a child minder off site (at their home with other kids) was 5er an hour.... This racks up pretty quick so we negotiated to 200 a week (other half is a teacher so not full 8-6 days). But if you want an in house child minder (which limits their potential to earn more by minding more kids) be prepared to pay handsomely for it. Our minder has 4 other kids... She would make a minimum of 1k a week!

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭Shybride2016

LouD2016 wrote: »

If your kids are being minded in your own house then you are effectively employing someone so you need to offer at least minimum wage, register with Revenue as an employer and do all that goes with that (payslips, annual leave, sick pay etc).

If you get a childminder who minds kids in their own home, then the usual rate is €5 per hour, but the childminder will set their own rates and it's up to you whether you want to use them as your childminder or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭superman28

65 euro a day including meals for one child.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

superman28 wrote: »
    65 euro a day including meals for one child.

That is very expensive for a childminder and pretty cheap for a nanny.
    It does depend on hours.

Advertisement