Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Company van insurance or not?

Options
  • 19-08-2017 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Hi Guys,

Can somebody tell me if this is possible:

A friend of mine is after becoming a sole trader - he currently has no licence as he was working abroad and let it lapse.

I will be working with him and have a full driving licence plus about 6 years NCB earned in my own name - no car currently

How should we go about insuring a van, does it have to be in his name and the policy in his name as well or can we use my NCB to insure it?

I would be the only driver for the moment.

I hope this makes sense and someone can give us some guidance.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Mc-BigE

If he's a Sole Trader, the Van is owned by the individual , as apposed to LTD company, where the Van is owned by the Company and the personal insurance policy is "handed over" to the company and replaced with a Commercial policy.

Not sure in his case, it would be best to ring a Van insurance company and asked them to be sure, could be a matter of you buying the van and insuring it yourself for him.

Advertisement