If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG 55B6

Options
  • 19-08-2017 6:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭

Hi lads, I'm looking to buy the 55B6 from your website. I'm just wondering if there are any boards deals going on it at the moment? Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi lads, I'm looking to buy the 55B6 from your website. I'm just wondering if there are any boards deals going on it at the moment? Thanks.
    Hi BelovedAunt,

The LG 55B6 is actually finished and no longer available, however I do have limited stock of the LG OLED55C6. This is a similar spec TV to the B6 but has a 3D panel and a curve, I could do one of these for £1485.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Hi BelovedAunt,

The LG 55B6 is actually finished and no longer available, however I do have limited stock of the LG OLED55C6. This is a similar spec TV to the B6 but has a 3D panel and a curve, I could do one of these for £1485.

Kind regards

David

Hi David, thanks for that. Curry's are currently doing the 65C6 for €1610 with a 5 year warranty, so I'm wondering if you could reduce the 55C6 any further due to this?

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi BelovedAunt,

Kind regards

David

Hi David, thanks for that. Curry's are currently doing the 65C6 for €1610 with a 5 year warranty, so I'm wondering if you could reduce the 55C6 any further due to this?
    Hi Beloved,

do you have a link to the Currys site showing the 65C6 at€1610?

On a quick look I cant see it on their site?

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi John, 

It was in-store only AFAIK. I found out about it here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057777227

A bit of a stretch but I'm just chancing my arm!

Beloved,

I still cant see it at €1610 with a 5 year warranty using your link :confused:

I can see that there have been a handful of ex-display used units cleared at a discount tho'

We can do a brand new boxed LG OLED 65C6 model with a 6 year warranty and delivery included at £2599 - I cant see anyone online with a cheaper price for a new unit.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew 

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Advertisement

Hi John,

That's ok thanks, I'm not a huge fan of curved TV's so was just seeing if you guys would give me an offer I couldn't refuse! I was in Currys today and told by staff that a few people got new 65C6's for €1610 but the stock cleared fast! Thanks anyway. 

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭gizabeer

Snipped by Moderator

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

gizabeer,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum - interventions like this are not appropriate here. You're very welcome any time to post here asking Richersounds for advice, a quote or a deal but I'd appreciate if you would read the Charter and take note of the posting rules.

Ritz.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,889 ✭✭✭Soarer

I could post a picture of my receipt, a picture of the offer instore, the box in my shed, and the number of hours on the panel if if helps?
    Got the set, brand new, boxed (huge!) for €1610. 
    Only difference is the 5 versus 6 year warranty. 

Soarer,

unfortunately that offer from DSG is finished - I have personally checked availability and they say there are no new boxed 65C6 available - therefore we would not match a finished offer - of course if a Customer has purchased from us at a higher price in the last 7 days we would price beat no problem.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Advertisement

No worries John, wasn't trying to stir it.

But to stir it, maybe there was one available when the original query was posted? ;)

Soarer wrote: »
    No worries John, wasn't trying to stir it.

But to stir it, maybe there was one available when the original query was posted? ;)
    OK Soarer,

Thanks again - Beloved Aunt posted yesterday at 15.23 to enquire about a price match - I replied one minute later at 15.24 asking for a link so I could check it out which I think is only fair- Beloved Aunt posted back at 15.39 to say that there was no link but he posted an internal Boards link to discussion on the 55 & 65C6.

I replied at 16.03 to say that I had checked it out online and I could not see a link to stock available at €1610 and therefore we would not offer a pricebeat or any further reduction on the 55C6.

The OP replied at 16:11 to say fine and he wasn't really into curved screens anyway.

I further check out stocks in DSG yesterday and again this morning and it appears the offer is finished.

I acknowledge that if Customers purchased a 65C6 at €1610 it was a great deal ( even if it was a display unit) - however as I'm sure you will understand that does not bind us into further reducing any 55C6 or 55B6 or 65C6 after stock at a competitor is exhausted - to be fair to us we cannot be expected to price beat competitors offers after the event.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

Jaysus, I didn't expect you to explain yourself! Was only poking the bear! ;)

Edit: I actually don't know of anyone that bought a display model. I think they were all new. I'd imagine the displays are still available at the same price, but can't be compared to your new one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Soarer,

Please take a moment to read the Charter for this forum This is not the first time that you've been asked not to intervene in threads with your opinion in this way- this type of posting is not appropriate here.

You're very welcome any time to post here asking Richersounds for advice, a quote or a deal but pitching into threads, in your own words to "stir it" is disruptive and time wasting for RS.

Given that John has taken the time to answer your posts I'm not going to snip them.

Please read the Charter and take note of the posting rules before posting here again.

I'm closing this thread as the original query has been answered.

Ritz.

This discussion has been closed.