Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance void if i don't use run flat tyres?

Options
  • 19-08-2017 7:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I was pricing tyres in my local tyre centre today, my car is fitted with run flats at the moment but I want to put normal tyres on instead to reduce road noise in the cabin and because I think run flats are over expensive. The girl in reception reckons that if i didn't put run flats on my insurance would be void as a normal tyres would be classed as non-standard. Is this the case? Or is she just trying to get me to spend more money? My car is a 2013 bmw 320d f30.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

huggy15 wrote: »
    I was pricing tyres in my local tyre centre today, my car is fitted with run flats at the moment but I want to put normal tyres on instead to reduce road noise in the cabin and because I think run flats are over expensive. The girl in reception reckons that if i didn't put run flats on my insurance would be void as a normal tyres would be classed as non-standard. Is this the case? Or is she just trying to get me to spend more money? My car is a 2013 bmw 320d f30.

Just call your insurer and let them know. They will not care.

Advertisement