Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climote & Wireless Thermostat for hot water tank

• 19-08-2017 7:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

We have just got a Climote installed to control ower gas boiler. However that is quite useless thing as you can set it on max 3 timers a day, where we use to have it at least 4 times a day for hot water.

However I'm thinking to upgrade our heating system further and may be that will resolve issue with limited timers.

I would like to replace our current thermostat on the hot water tank to the wireless thermostat what will be connected to Climote. The idea is that when water in tank reaches certain temperature Climote will turn off the gas boiler. Is this possible?

Our current thermostat looks like a wire attached to a outside of boiler and it does not turn the boiler off what is not really efficient.

If that can be achieved we will keep the Climote however if it is impossible I will be looking to go back to the old manual timer system.

Thanks lot!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,130 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Koni wrote:
    I would like to replace our current thermostat on the hot water tank to the wireless thermostat what will be connected to Climote. The idea is that when water in tank reaches certain temperature Climote will turn off the gas boiler. Is this possible?

Only certain boilers can be turned on and off by a thermostat so it'll totally depend on the boiler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭Robbie.G

Koni wrote: »
    We have just got a Climote installed to control ower gas boiler. However that is quite useless thing as you can set it on max 3 timers a day, where we use to have it at least 4 times a day for hot water.

However I'm thinking to upgrade our heating system further and may be that will resolve issue with limited timers.

Our current thermostat looks like a wire attached to a outside of boiler and it does not turn the boiler off what is not really efficient.

If that can be achieved we will keep the Climote however if it is impossible I will be looking to go back to the old manual timer system.

Thanks lot!

Currently there is not a wireless cylinder stats available for the climote

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Koni

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Only certain boilers can be turned on and off by a thermostat so it'll totally depend on the boiler

Our heating system works that way that when certain temperature is reached in living room the thermostat would power off the boiler. So in winter I don't have to play with timers, Thermostat and gas boiler just keep same temperature in the house. That is so much easier and our bills got much lower since we did that.

I bet there have to be a similar solution for the Hot water. The electrician who installed the Climote said that it is possible but I need to put the wires from hot water tank to gas boiler - what is across the entire house. So I'm just guessing that there should be a wireless system what would do the same thing.

Climote gives an option of wirelessly controlling the gas boiler so there have to be a thermostat what would connect to hot water tank - it's so straight forward!

Advertisement