Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Uninstalling pay as you go meter

Options
  • 19-08-2017 8:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 728 ✭✭✭

I've just bought a house that has one of these pay as you go meters that is operated by Prepay Power.  I'm an Electric Ireland customer but when I rang your company to get this meter removed as there's no power in the house at present,I was told I'd have to deal with prepay power.  I found this to be a bit unreal as why should I have to deal with another company who I have no prior relationship with just so I could get my electricity supply turned on?  Anyway, in order to be proactive I rang prepay power and after ten phone calls, I'm no closer to getting the power turned on.  Can you help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭EI: Aoife

Hi D13exile,

Thank you for choosing Electric Ireland.

We regret any confusion. As the meter is the property of Prepay Power, Electric Ireland are unable to remove or deactivate it. Once Prepay Power receive confirmation that a change of supplier has been requested, they should provide you with a deactivation code.

Have you made the application to switch to Electric Ireland at the new address?

Thanks,
    Aoife

________

Advertisement