Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza Kiwami

Options
  • 19-08-2017 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭

This is releasing on 29th August so thought it was time for a thread. It's a complete remake of Yakuza 1 with a RRP of 35 quid (not stopping GameStop selling it on their website for 70). Yakuza 0 is my GOTY so will be getting this day 1. Looking forward to continuing the Yakuza journey.

https://twitter.com/yakuzagame/status/852159414811451392

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Also, Yakuza 6 is releasing in the west on March 18th '18 and it has an epic collectors edition.

https://twitter.com/PSLifeStyle/status/898471911893716993

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I pre-orded this a while back. It will be the first Yakuza game I will play.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I'm playing through Yakuza 0 at the moment, think I'm on chapter 13 or something. Story seems to be heating up a bit. Really enjoying it and I'll definitely get Kiwami at some point, but probably not just yet as going from one game into the next will probably lead to a bit of gaming burnout. But looking forward to playing it later in the year.

Mechanically is it much different from Yakuza 0? Any quality of life improvements or anything like that?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd say all of 0's enhancements will be carried over to this remake.

Looking forward to this as the original had an awful localisation. Great actors and script but whoever made the low level thugs talk like Gangsta rappers was a dope

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Ok so since I grabbed 0 when it was cheap months ago but never opened it, you think it would be better to play 0 then Kiwami or vice versa?

• Advertisement

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Ok so since I grabbed 0 when it was cheap months ago but never opened it, you think it would be better to play 0 then Kiwami or vice versa?

I never played Yakuza 1 (original) but I think you should play 0 first as a main character in Kiwami seems to pop up a lot that has strong connections to 0. I don't want to go into too much detail cuz spoilers. Saying that, originally 0 released way afer 1 so you don't need to play them in order but I'm sure it will help you understand the characters better.

Also, Gamespot have given it an 8 if you are into reviews.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Kiwami is a prequel to the series. However as it came out after all the rest of the games I'd say play them in whatever order you like.

That yakuza 6 collectors edition has me moister than an oyster. Hopefully they'll release it in Europe. Still gutted I missed out on the business card holder with 0

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Kiwami is a prequel to the series. However as it came out after all the rest of the games I'd say play them in whatever order you like.

No, Yakuza 0 is the prequel.
    Kiwami is the remake of 1, which takes place directly after Yakuza 0

SeantheMan wrote: »
    No, Yakuza 0 is the prequel.
    Kiwami is the remake of 1, which takes place directly after Yakuza 0

Why can't they number them normally! :D

• Advertisement

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Why can't they number them normally! :D

They did! Zero comes before one...

'Kiwami' is a bit confusing to be fair.

Speaking of, what's Yakuza Ishin?

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Speaking of, what's Yakuza Ishin?

I might be totally wrong here but I think it's a spin off set in feudal era Japan

I might be totally wrong here but I think it's a spin off set in feudal era Japan

That sounds class! I saw Yakuza twitter page liked some guys tweet saying 'I heard all Yakuza games are getting a remake for western release'. Those would be remasters I could definitely get behind.

I shin is meant to be amazing. Set in the edo period were Japan was first exposed to the west and imports. Everyone is going bananas about bell peppers. Pity it never came to the west.

It's very annoying that Gamestop have this listed as 70 euro, double the RRP and everyone else that's selling it. Only reason I want to go with them is they are offering me the most for Horizon Zero Dawn. They said that is a holding price and if it drops on launch date, the discount will be passed to me, just can't trust them though.

How much are they offering for Horizon?
    I know what you mean, i wouldn't trust them either when it comes to money

How much are they offering for Horizon?
    I know what you mean, i wouldn't trust them either when it comes to money

Last week they were offering 35 credit, must check again this week. CEX actually upped their cash offer from 27 yesterday to 29 today. Might just go with them and back it 6 euro in Argos. (Obviously the easier choice is to go with Gamestop if they'd just cop themselves on).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Yakuza 0 was amazing, so I've pre-ordered this. if it's more of the same, that's enough for me.

It's very annoying that Gamestop have this listed as 70 euro, double the RRP and everyone else that's selling it. Only reason I want to go with them is they are offering me the most for Horizon Zero Dawn. They said that is a holding price and if it drops on launch date, the discount will be passed to me, just can't trust them though.

The hell do they mean 'if' the price drops? The MSRP is €34.99 I'm pretty sure, this is a matter of record, if they're charging €70 it's just price gouging. I don't know why anyone buys from GameStop anymore here, their prices are outrageous.

• Advertisement

I checked today and they said the sale price will be 70 as if it was a place holder, it would be listed as 100. **** right off. Now, launch day might it change but they are losing customers with these shenanigans, it's like the people in charge don't even know/care about games.

Anyone use base before? I have a feeling the delivery times would be shocking.

Used em a few times, they were grand, although my buddy was waiting just shy of two weeks on a game from them recently

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Have the steel book ordered on Amazon, Everybody's Golf is out the day after so not sure which will get the most of my attention first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

Went to preorder on Amazon but it says estimated delivery is the end of September. What's that about?

I checked today and they said the sale price will be 70 as if it was a place holder, it would be listed as 100. **** right off. Now, launch day might it change but they are losing customers with these shenanigans, it's like the people in charge don't even know/care about games.

Absolute scumbags. There'll be people who won't realise the game should be sold for only half that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

Went to preorder on Amazon but it says estimated delivery is the end of September. What's that about?

Probably just ordered so many and they've been ordered. They might get more in, have you the amazon app? I think you can set up a notification so they'll send you a message when they're stocked up again.

I really hope people do not buy this in Gamestop. Thieving feckers, how do they get away with it I wonder. Tell everybody you know what they're doing. If enough people where to boycott them as a result of this sort of crap they would soon take notice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

I'm convinced the majority of game purchases in GameStop are from non gamers for presents and then very casual gamers.

I can't imagine many on here would be caught buying games there unless it was a genuine bargain which would be rare.

Last time I bought a game there was when they were doing a really good trade in promotion where some of the games you could trade in were going for dirt cheap in HMV. Into one shop then 2 minutes stroll into the other, just pausing to take the seal off! :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Doctor Nick

I've bought in Gamestop. Got Yakuza 0 there for €35 as it was over €50 in Argos and CEX. When I go into the shop I will always check the prices in their competitors stores on my phone.

This has really annoyed me though as it's double the RRP. Don't mind a fiver or something in the difference but double just screams f**k our customers anyway we can.

Advertisement