Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza Kiwami

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Base order shipped today. Going to parcel motel. Must try to get all the trophies for Yakuza 0!

I've bought in Gamestop. Got Yakuza 0 there for €35 as it was over €50 in Argos and CEX. When I go into the shop I will always check the prices in their competitors stores on my phone.

This has really annoyed me though as it's double the RRP. Don't mind a fiver or something in the difference but double just screams f**k our customers anyway we can.

Rang them today to see the price in store an was told €69.99. Still showing at that price on the website too.

Now 40 euro on gamestop according to their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

Yakuza Kiwami 2 has apparently been leaked, it's a remake of 2 in the Yakuza 6 engine. It showed up on The Taiwanese PSN but has been taken down since. Read it on NeoGAF.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yakuza Kiwami 2 has apparently been leaked, it's a remake of 2 in the Yakuza 6 engine. It showed up on The Taiwanese PSN but has been taken down since. Read it on NeoGAF.

Yes.....YES.....ALL THE YAKUZA!

• Advertisement

Now 40 euro on gamestop according to their site.

Argos UK have it up for preorder for 25 pound which is 27 euro, will be interesting to see what they sell it for here. I'm not buying from GS anyway with their shenanigans, just sell it at 35 ye bolloxes.

I have Yakuza 0 physical copy and if the rumours are true of the rest releasing, I'd love a full physical collection of the series.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Nice one. I would prefer to play them all rather than Zero, then Kiwami, then 6.

Base order shipped today. Going to parcel motel. Must try to get all the trophies for Yakuza 0!

I usually go for the platinum on games I love but Yakuza 0's platinum is bonkers, it would have to be only game I'd play for a year to get it.

Looks like Kiwami 2 will be released some time after 6 in the west so I'll be playing them out of order. Saw some footage of 6 a while ago and it looks so class.

Checked in Snyths today and they won't be getting Yakuza Kiwami in stock, just in case anyone here was thinking of getting it there.

Anyway, best use of this meme I've seen.

https://twitter.com/corndogbandit/status/901087871980982272

Looks like Argos will be selling this Tuesday morning for 32 euro (source - friend with inside info)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

€32 is pretty good.
    I'm waiting on mine to dispatch from Amazon, so I don't know what the full price is yet. It's marked as 25.62 pound though. With the current exchange rate, I'm in for a bargain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kiwami 2 has been dated for the 7th of December 2017 in Japan, probably looking at a late 2018 western release.

Xenji wrote: »
    Kiwami 2 has been dated for the 7th of December 2017 in Japan, probably looking at a late 2018 western release.

Definitely not waiting for it before playing 6 in march. Hopefully the test get a release as well... In order.

New hero of Yakuza series announced since Kiryu's story has finished with 6. Looks like a crazy mofo.

Also, Kiwami 2 confirmed to have a playable Majima section. At this rate, we'll need a general Yakuza thread to cover all games. I tend to trade physical games when I'm finished with them but I fully intend to collect all physical copies of the western Yakuza releases and keep them.

-Built on the Dragon Engine for PS4.
    -Seamless maps of Osaka and Tokyo
    -New Majima playable scenario: The Truth of Majim/ The True Majima:
    Nagoshi doesn't like remaking but feels that sometimes he needs to add in extra bits, for fan service, especially mentions construction worker Majima. Says to look forward to the women shown (Makoto), but doesn't mention her by name.
    -SiM (reggae pop) group to perform the theme song, lyrics were written with Kiryu and Goda in mind.

Release Date: 7th December 2017, in Japanese, Chinese and Korean.

Class how Kiwami isn't just a graphics upgrade but new designs in place as well like the differences between the below.

tumblr_o0dfb5XAQG1rn8um6o1_400.gif

tumblr_o202wa6G7a1rn8um6o1_400.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I've decided I'm gonna get this, gonna preorder and hopefully pre load will be available.

Anyone order with Base via Parcel Motel? Surprised I haven't heard anything yet.

Good find! It would be great if everyone could take 20 seconds to fill this out so we can get Kiwami 2 sooner rather than later, if at all.

http://yakuza.sega.com/RGGStudioAnnouncementSurvey/

What are peoples thoughts on Yakuza Online?
    PC and phones only has alarm bells ringing for me, im afraid. I can see a paint by numbers Freemium title being the result

• Advertisement

PC and phones only has alarm bells ringing for me, im afraid. I can see a paint by numbers Freemium title being the result

Not really interested in it, I would prefer to get Kiwami 2 and Fist Of The North Star quicker in the West.

Yeah, Online sounds fun until you hear mobile and then it's just a case of could be fun in small bursts but do we really want the devs using valuable resource time on localising that instead of the others?

I set Kiwami 2 at a 5, FOTNS at 3 (I have no idea of the franchise/story but looks interesting) and Yakuza Online at 1.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Meh no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

My copy arrived this morning. Hooray!

Mines just showed up. Steelbook looks lovely

Pre loading.

The Majima everywhere system is ridiculous :)

My copy has had a little hold up with the Bank Holiday, Amazon dispatched it on Friday and it has been stuck in a Royal Mail depot since Saturday, will probably be Wednesday now before I get it in my PM.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also, Yakuza 6 is releasing in the west on March 18th '18 and it has an epic collectors edition.

https://twitter.com/PSLifeStyle/status/898471911893716993

I'm actually half tempted too pre order this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Mine arrived from Gamecollection in to my Parcel Motel box this mornign

Advertisement