Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yakuza Kiwami

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Pre load complete at last.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,842 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Reserved my copy in Argos there, was only 1 copy in each store when I checked so if ye are getting it in Argos today, reserve first!

Steelbook edition -€31.99

http://checkargos.com/product/7459111#

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

Jaysus my amazon copy is weeks away!

First impressions, guys? Does it live up to Yakuza 0 in any way?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Bought this today. Only other Yakuza game I’ve played is Y3 and I barely remember it.

About two hours in and I’m really liking it.

Lads, this mesuking minigame is going to be the next Gwent. Mark my words :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,413 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

This is one awesome game.

Majima from 0 to The finale of 0 went through a bit of a jarring change but his intro in Kiwami is another level altogether. I hope it gets explained how he got so Mad Dog.
    I didn't expect the lashings he gave Kiryu. I miss pony tail Majima frown.png

Saying that, I only played about an hour but love it already, same feel to 0 so I feel right at home.

Also, being able to save from the pause menu is just lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Also, being able to save from the pause menu is just lovely.

Good to hear. The janky way of saving in Yakuza 0 is really annoying.

On ch 2 , when do I come across these majima folks?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

On ch 2 , when do I come across these majima folks?

Have you not played 0 ?

If you haven't...joypad down...go play 0 ! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭gerp99

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Have you not played 0 ?

If you haven't...joypad down...go play 0 ! :D

Have not played any of these yet. What order should I be looking to play them through?

Start with Kiwami then 0. you'll enjoy Majimas character a lot more if you go in that order id say

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

What should I be investing my XP in to?

I invested in health boosts first and then started pouring a bit into heat actions. Theres no real wrong way to spend it though

Reddit AMA on 8th September with the Yakuza Localisation team for anyone interested.

Also, this.

Spoilers in the link, obviously-- Heres a full visual guide for the pocket circuit minigame in Kiwami including all races and substories. This will definitely come in handy for the later races:)
    https://imgur.com/a/mfqkO#t9LTTRC

• Registered Users Posts: 19 kevin6877

Pre-ordered with Zavvi about a week or so before the game actually released. Still hadn't dispatched on release day, so I just canceled the thing and went to Gamestop. Never even thought about Argos and am kicking myself over giving Gamestop money. But, tbf, €40 is still better than ¥7,000.

Enjoying the game on the English run, I have to give them props for this localisation, it's seriously an excellent job. So annoyed the opening and ending themes got removed in the transition westward, but hey, that's what YouTube and stuff is for.

Also, yous were talking about Ishin, I've played Ishin and I think it's one of the better games in the series. It's only about €20 on Hong Kong PSN if you don't mind going digital. There's also an excellent guide (in English) for the game here.

http://khhsubs.com/projectsrggishin.html

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

The chapters seem shorter in this compared to 0. I think I will have get the PS2 and ps3 to play the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

The chapters seem shorter in this compared to 0. I think I will have get the PS2 and ps3 to play the rest.

The main story is about half the length of 0, it has the shortest story in the series.

• Advertisement

I'm on ch 7, really cool game.

Finally got a few hours to play this, currently on chapter 4, so class. Like an arcade version of Zero, as in quicker missions, shorter cutscenes and just more condensed, none of these are bad things, just makes the game play a bit differently but still brilliant. I prefer the upgrades here then in Zero. I hated having to spend money to upgrade moves in Zero.

Nearing the end now, on ch 12, what an awesome game, I'm gonna go back and finish zero after this and then we have six too look forward too next year.

Yakuza 6 clan creator sounds like a laugh.

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/905793409310392321

Just finished it there, what an awesome game
    the last fight against niski was epic

• Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

This game is giving my right thumb a good workout.

Just finished the main story. Top class game and a bargain for the price.
    I'm feeling a bit burnt out now though. My Next game needs to be a bit less taxing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,966 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

The car chase in Chapter 9 is something else. Never thought I would get through it.

Advertisement