Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flower ID

Options
  • 20-08-2017 10:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

425660.jpg

Any ideas what these are popping up in the garden
    425661.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

they are self seeded poppies. just pull them up before they go to seed if you don't want them. The seed is in the little pot at the centre of the flower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

In our garden my wife would let that self seed and I'd be in big trouble for pulling them up ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 203 ✭✭Delphinium

Leave just one to self seed. If you leave lots you will be over run by them. That is a very pale and uninteresting specimen, would prefer a more definite shade.

my3cents wrote: »
    In our garden my wife would let that self seed and I'd be in big trouble for pulling them up ;)

Snap!

Have them sprouting up everywhere. They are winning me over slowly mind....especially the ones with the double flower head.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Lovely poppies

• Advertisement
Advertisement