Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fibre Broadband - Why is it Not Enabled?

Options
  • 20-08-2017 11:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭

Hi,

I recently signed up to Eir Broadband. The max my line can get is 5mb but from speaking to my neighbours, they are getting up to 100mb. We live in terraced housing, and fibre is available in the area with neighbours either side getting it, so there is no obvious reason as why we can't get it. 

I spoke to Tech Support on this and the rep I was speaking to agreed that there was no reason why and said they would to send an email to the Infrastructure team. Unfortunately the phone call was cut off and there was no follow up on this. 

Is it a case of just enabling a house for fibre? Or is there an update required at the exchange? 
    How do I go about getting some feedback on the issue?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi Antamojo, 

Thanks for getting in touch.

I'm afraid not all customers can avail of the eFibre service, it's subject to availability and all houses are individual.  

Feel free to PM me your account details and I'll check this for you. 

Thanks

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Antamojo

eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Antamojo, 

I'm afraid not all customers can avail of the eFibre service, it's subject to availability and all houses are individual.  

Thanks

Adam 

PM sent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Antamojo wrote: »
    eir: Adam wrote: »
    Hi Antamojo, 

Thanks

Adam 

PM sent
    Thanks. 

I'll come back to you soon through PM's.

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement