Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solo sun break Oct/Nov

• 20-08-2017 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭

I'm a 25 y/o male and interested in a sun holiday sometime in Oct/Nov. I've only had one holiday of this type last year with a friend, but this year I would have to travel alone. I had the Canaries in mind but would be open to other destinations, as long as the weather is decent.

Has anyone got recommendations for such a trip and would it be suitable to go alone? Or any similar trips you've taken?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

I got a very good deal with loveholidays.ie for a week in Fuerteventura in March this year. I had a one bedroom apartment so was free to come and go as I pleased and didn't have to be back for meals. I hired a car for the week from Payless car hire and explored 95% of the island. Eating out was cheap and enjoyable which I did every day. Go for it, enjoy.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 481 ✭✭mr.anonymous

I got a very good deal with loveholidays.ie for a week in Fuerteventura in March this year. I had a one bedroom apartment so was free to come and go as I pleased and didn't have to be back for meals. I hired a car for the week from Payless car hire and explored 95% of the island. Eating out was cheap and enjoyable which I did every day. Go for it, enjoy.:)

Thanks for the reply. Sounds like a good trip.

I was looking at Tenerife but that was just to get an idea of what's out there. Was thinking of going for a hotel. Will check Fuerteventura too. Would you say that some towns are better than others to stay in, or are they all the sorta typical resorts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 181 ✭✭Flipperdipper

As the islands are relatively small I'd say the majority of towns, especially on the coast are typical resorts, but there are nice towns and villages all over. GO EXPLORE. :) This is where I stayed, https://www.google.ie/maps/@28.3986231,-13.8706126,3a,60y,358.13h,87.24t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1sX7ij1OxjktLbHlSsGpbR2w!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
    Normally I'd run a mile from resorts like this but with the car, which cost E98 Sunday - Sunday, I was free to go wherever as I pleased. I could have cooked a five course meal in the apartment every evening if I wanted but all I used were a kettle and tea pot. It could be hell there in the height of the summer, especially school holidays, but in Oct/Nov I'd imagine it's reasonably quiet. Good luck with the holiday.

Advertisement