Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chronograph

Options
  • 20-08-2017 1:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭

Just throwing this out there in case someone has one and is making no use of it. Just need it to go with my air rifle.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Kran wrote: »
    Just throwing this out there in case someone has one and is making no use of it. Just need it to go with my air rifle.

You are as well off just buy a combro mk4 for air rifle use.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

amadablam wrote: »

You are as well off just buy a combro mk4 for air rifle use.
    I was told they don't work well with underlever spring air rifles and the recoil from the spring eventually damages them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I was told they don't work well with underlever spring air rifles and the recoil from the spring eventually damages them.

Is it spring or gas ram?

They work with them but on some under lever you need to mount upside down to avoid the lever. Use very strong elastic bands and they help with the recoil.

Not ideal but I know a few lads that are using them and haven't had a problem yet. That's not to say that you won't but they are cheap to pick up and you only will be shooting a few pellets to get your data so are not subject to excessive use normally. Do a bit of research though as I have they are much handier to carry in the field as well.

Just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭Kran

amadablam wrote: »

Is it spring or gas ram?

They work with them but on some under lever you need to mount upside down to avoid the lever. Use very strong elastic bands and they help with the recoil.

Not ideal but I know a few lads that are using them and haven't had a problem yet. That's not to say that you won't but they are cheap to pick up and you only will be shooting a few pellets to get your data so are not subject to excessive use normally. Do a bit of research though as I have they are much handier to carry in the field as well.

Just a suggestion.
    It's a HW97 with an export spring and TBT kit just installed by myself. I just want to see what ftlbs it's putting out, thinking between 15 and 16.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭slug gun

Kran, where abouts are you based? I have a chrony you could borrow to check out ft lbs. But if you're into tuning air rifles (like me!) then best to buy your own to have on hand.

I've used TBT kits before and found them great...just put one in with a new Macarri spring into my HW30...silky smooth to cock and lovely to shoot.

Let me know if you want to borrow chrony...I'm in Dublin.

Slug

• Advertisement
Advertisement