Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea detolf glass cut in Limerick?

• 20-08-2017 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi.

I have an Ikea DETOLF and I was wondering if any of you know a place to buy glass or cut glass or whatever to put extra shelves on the detolf?

This is the ikea detolf:

UsIYLju.png

And if you buy extra glasses somewhere you can potentially have more levels. I have the brackets to hold them just need to get some glasses so I was wondering if any of you knew where to buy some or even someone who wanted to get rid of a detolf and/or is selling one.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I'd love to know if Ikea is the only place to get these I have one and i want another 2 I'm not driving all the way up again though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,800 ✭✭✭Senna

If they are squares of glass, any place that does glass replacement can make another one, just bring in one of the original shelves for them to mirror.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

Senna wrote: »
    If they are squares of glass, any place that does glass replacement can make another one, just bring in one of the original shelves for them to mirror.

Do you know of any place like that? I have no idea :(

• Registered Users Posts: 269 ✭✭hobie14

Wallack wrote: »

I've always used Limerick Glass out on the Dock Road ..... never let me down

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭dave62

Wallack wrote: »

Try Duggan glass on Shannon St

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,359 ✭✭✭Tefral

Duggans in Roches Street would surely do it also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 700 ✭✭✭landmarkjohn

If you are closer to Annacotty these guys will do it http://www.mgwx.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Wallack

It was around 60 euro for 3 shelves and considering I have to go to Dublin next week and another whole DETOLF is 40 euro I will buy one and just dump what I don't need or offer it to anyone around there for free.

Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,819 ✭✭✭phill106

Probably already too late, but i saw other people in similar situation buy a sheet of perspex and cut to fit?
    http://www.homebase.co.uk/en/homebaseuk/liteglaze-acrylic-sheet---120-x-60cm-284506

Advertisement