Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POR's in Post-Primary Schools

Options
  • 20-08-2017 4:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anybody know if there was talk about the reinstatement of 'B Posts' in school this year under the education budget for 2017 and in particularly now that schools are under the LRA??

Will the moratorium be lifted this coming academic year and the posts filled or will it remain as it is?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,517 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I'd say you'll never see b posts again. There is alleviation with a posts and new types of similar posts coming in

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭liverpool lad

TheDriver wrote: »
    I'd say you'll never see b posts again. There is alleviation with a posts and new types of similar posts coming in

What are the new types of posts that are to come in? Thanks for reply

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭trihead

I read somewhere they were going to be A post 1 and A post 2 ( 2 grades)
    B posts are gone forever which has been suggested for a few years.

It also includes the ability of the principal to direct funding/money into areas they need in the school for a set period. For example for 2 years we will have a new post in an particular area for that set time (They will be given a budget to spend).

The full text you can probably get on the union websites under the new agreement.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭doc_17

B posts have had their name changed to AP 2. This is probably because it will allow schools the change to try and throw work at AP 2 post holders thatvwas previously done by a retired AP 1 post holder.

Advertisement