Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pixie11123

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    I have my diary up to Jan 18 - still need 101 days but ill try to that this week - very difficult - do you think that will have an impact on the results - worried sick ill be resitting and contemplating starting from scratch with a new subject - dont know if thats a good idea or not?
    Won't impact results. My diary hasn't been updated since Feb 17 so I've a lot to do :sideways:
    Not much point worrying until you get results. I'd contemplate starting with a new subject if I got <40%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

pixie11123 wrote: »
    Won't impact results. My diary hasn't been updated since Feb 17 so I've a lot to do :sideways:
    Not much point worrying until you get results. I'd contemplate starting with a new subject if I got <40%

Def wont, I had my diary completed and I still failed!

If I fail I'll have to change, as APM is going (won't have time to do it in Jan, I'll just be back from honeymoon :D)

What would you change to? I've a very bad feeling about the results!!

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Def wont, I had my diary completed and I still failed!

If I fail I'll have to change, as APM is going (won't have time to do it in Jan, I'll just be back from honeymoon :D)

What would you change to? I've a very bad feeling about the results!!

Just had a look at the new syllabus for Advisory, looks to pretty much be APM under a different name

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭shanmo

Anyone else wish the results were out already?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Tgt16

shanmo wrote: »
    Anyone else wish the results were out already?

Yes, 8 weeks seem too long..

• Advertisement

Tgt16 wrote:
    Yes, 8 weeks seem too long..

I hate the waiting. Its starting to get to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

Agreed the waiting is too long - worried sick don't know how much more of this I cant take - waiting on one exam and my whole life is just on hold until I know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭ACAguy

It's all I can think about also. Affecting my sleep and work to be honest. 
    Read the report of CASSI which was interesting

ACAguy wrote:
    It's all I can think about also. Affecting my sleep and work to be honest. Read the report of CASSI which was interesting

I didn't even realise that was out. Must check the website!
    I was fine for the first couple of weeks but now it's back on mind. Gonna be a long two weeks.

I found it quiet good as 700+ of us filled it out and everyone seemed to have the same issues with the papers as I did

• Advertisement

ACAguy wrote:
    I found it quiet good as 700+ of us filled it out and everyone seemed to have the same issues with the papers as I did

Just read it. I'll be interesting to read the examiners comments on ours now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nhickey07

Reading CASSI's report now, echos my thoughts on the exams too so I'm glad to not be the only one anxious waiting!!

Very distracted 2 weeks ahead

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭sodabread

Hey everyone,

Just doing the FAE's this year after an extended absence.

One question you might be able to answer. Does the institute provide the IFRS standards book to students anymore?

I seem to remember the red IFRS book was provided in past years but this year all I got was the FRS 102 standard. Just thinking in terms of the AAFRP for example, the IFRS book will surely be needed for reference even in terms of the disclosure questions?

Or am I missing something?

Appreciate your responses on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DP79511

sodabread wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just doing the FAE's this year after an extended absence.

One question you might be able to answer. Does the institute provide the IFRS standards book to students anymore?

I seem to remember the red IFRS book was provided in past years but this year all I got was the FRS 102 standard. Just thinking in terms of the AAFRP for example, the IFRS book will surely be needed for reference even in terms of the disclosure questions?

Or am I missing something?

Appreciate your responses on this.

From my experience if they issued you with the book once before they dont issue again. If you get in touch with the text book department they will issue you one if they have any spares. I got the updated tax books that way and was lucky not to pay because they had one left over.

ACAguy wrote: »

Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to get onto their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hightower92

Do you have a link for it? I can't seem to get onto their website.

Can't post a link cos I'm a new user, but just copy and paste this and it'll bring you to it:
    cassi.ie/wp/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Final-CASSI-FAE-Report.pdf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

This. Is. Hell.

Ah stop im sick with worry

I haven't been the most productive worker today!! On the C.A. website 'my enrolments' are all blank now. They must be updating!

Mine are not blank?

• Advertisement

Sorry! I got logged out. It's there now.

I got married this day last week and I don't think I was as nervous!!!! A nice few drinks will be in order tonight I think.

the website is a nightmare to navigate around - ill be in a blind panic

Rang the Institute earlier asking would the results be out at midnight as Cap1 & Cap2 apparently were but she was certain it would be 8

Rang the Institute earlier asking would the results be out at midnight as Cap1 & Cap2 apparently were but she was certain it would be 8

best of luck to everyone

im still going to check on the hour every hour - because i know i wont get an ounce of sleep

ACAguy wrote:
    Mine are not blank?

Mine ain't either!

im still going to check on the hour every hour - because i know i wont get an ounce of sleep

Let me introduce you to my friend, Mr Bombay Sapphire he will help you sleep :D

I know what you mean though, I am always up around 3am checking!

shanmo wrote: »
    Mine ain't either!

Sorry didn't meant to freak anyone out, I got timed out that's why it went blank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 nhickey07

Sorry! I got logged out. It's there now.

I got married this day last week and I don't think I was as nervous!!!! A nice few drinks will be in order tonight I think.

Congrats!

I don't know how you managed to plan a wedding during FAE, but I suppose a pass tomorrow would be a great start to your Marri€d Liv€$, best of luck!!

Oh I'll be on the whiskey tonight!!

I've checked the website so many times. Don't know. Just can't help it.

Same and I dont know why?

Okay people,

Pack up. Leave the office. Go get drunk (#healthycopingmethods)

Nooothing to be done now. Just pass thr time as best you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

I thought I was the only one that has been checking a few times every day!!!

Jesus the next 12 odd hours are gonna be hell 😩

• Advertisement

Nooothing to be done now. Just pass thr time as best you can.

Pack up. Leave the office. Go get drunk (#healthycopingmethods)

Haven't been able to do a thing since after lunch.. 😂

ACAguy wrote: »

The email they issued never stated a time!! Do you think we will have to wait till 8?!? My nerves can’t handle this stress anymore!!

It said 8 it will be 6

Rumour has it that every time you refresh the results page you get an extra 0.1%

pixie11123 wrote: »
    Rumour has it that every time you refresh the results page you get an extra 0.1%

If only it was that easy 😂🀣😂

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

It's been a while since I've logged into my ca account and I can't remember my password.

When i enter forgot password it tells me that they sent an email to me but nothing has received. Does anyone know how long it takes.

It's been a while since I've logged into my ca account and I can't remember my password.

When i enter forgot password it tells me that they sent an email to me but nothing has received. Does anyone know how long it takes.

Oh god!! I don’t know I never had to reset my password - hopefully it comes through soon - best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Results are out folks! Good luck to you all

Best of luck to all - looks like another repeat for APM for me :-(

I don't want to believe the results in case they've loaded the wrong ones to my page... I want the letter showing them but the letter is blank!

Passed - what a relief

The website won't load for me looks like I'll be waiting for the post lady. Come on internet!!!

The website is a joke!!

It's working now. I thought they aren't posting them any more? That's why there's a downloadable letter on the website?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Oh god!! I don’t know I never had to reset my password - hopefully it comes through soon - best of luck

So I get ibto work this morning and log in fine with what I thought my password was. I log in and check my results.

so there's something wrong with my logging in on my tablet that it doesn't recognise my password.

then after check my results I get 91 email telling my my account was locked for logging in with wrong details and 32 emails with links to reset my password.

I guess I was a little frantic last night.

• Advertisement
Advertisement