Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

FAE 2018

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Bartek7

Tgt16 wrote: »
    A few people have emailed and that’s what they said

Cool, thanks :D was just wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭ACASlayer

They told me an email will be out this afternoon, so not sure who you’re getting that info from. They’re very confusing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭OttoPilot

ACASlayer wrote: »
    They told me an email will be out this afternoon, so not sure who you’re getting that info from. They’re very confusing.

Am email with results or email saying that they will be posted tomorrow? So confused

It’s an absolute ****ing disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 pixie11123

Results were sent out by email just before 5pm

Got mine there, passed apm, failed core bad (in the mid 20s)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 452 ✭✭fishy_fishy

Got mine too. Passed APM and came close to passing core. Happy enough seeing as I only did one SIM and did no tax on anything.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

OttoPilot wrote: »
    Got mine there, passed apm, failed core bad (in the mid 20s)

Pretty much the same but sat audit elective. Passed it but only 26 in Core which was expected.

Passed both pretty comfortably. Thank god.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 FiMG

Anyone else disappointed with the commentary on their mocks scripts? The difference between commentary on my scripts is massive. On one of sims booklets there is literally just ticks that is it. No comments at all. They let on that the mocks are a "worthwhile experience" so you can learn from where you went wrong, but I may as well not have done the Sims day as I literally have no feedback on one script. Did anyone else find that or was I just unlucky?

• Advertisement

FiMG wrote: »
    Anyone else disappointed with the commentary on their mocks scripts? The difference between commentary on my scripts is massive. On one of sims booklets there is literally just ticks that is it. No comments at all. They let on that the mocks are a "worthwhile experience" so you can learn from where you went wrong, but I may as well not have done the Sims day as I literally have no feedback on one script. Did anyone else find that or was I just unlucky?

Ask for it to be recorrected.

The marking seems quite arbitrary as well. Especially professional competence marks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,810 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

The variety in the comments between my paper marked by different people is massive. There's one of them, and I can't read some of the handwriting. I keep thinking it's a really important bit of feedback that I'm missing out on.

I also only got the scripts back because the label only had the first line of my address printed on it. Someone wrote the rest of the address on it, but with the wrong county. I award them nominal competency, as they at least attempted to address the envelope.

Yea I can't see any reference to Professional competency at all on mine. I probably wont be bothered getting it recorrected sure at this stage its a bit late. I am going to email them though about it - not that I'm expecting a response off them!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Wee_T

acawarrior wrote: »
    Does anyone have a past paper analysis that shows the topics that came up in previous years by indicator? Possibly for core and audit elective? Thanks.
    I would also be interested in this, if anyone had it handy? Hope everyones study leave is going well!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 traineecai

McGaggs wrote: »

The variety in the comments between my paper marked by different people is massive. There's one of them, and I can't read some of the handwriting. I keep thinking it's a really important bit of feedback that I'm missing out on.

I also only got the scripts back because the label  only had the first line of my address printed on it. Someone wrote the rest of the address on it, but with the wrong county. I award them nominal competency, as they at least attempted to address the envelope.
    Apparently mine has also been sent out with only the 1st line of address - nothing else. I still haven't received it :/ Am I the only one still waiting? Not looking too good at this point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭heretothere

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

You've just caused me minor heart failure about the website changing exam centres but thankfully mine is fine.

There was a preliminary notification email sent on July 11th which has your exam centre on it. Might be worth checking yours and if it showed the centre you want but the system has since changed it you might have a case with them.

Good luck!

P.S. full on mental breakdowns are a fairly normal part of the exam process I find, but they do pass :)

Thanks Ruth, think melt down has subsided a fair bit there now. Big glass of wine and no study tonight maybe a chick flick is what I need! Then back at it tomorrow night

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 acalass

Hey guys, Has anyone prepared an industry file for APM? What have you included in them? Thanks :)

By any chance does anyone have the 2015 Core mock papers and solutions? Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mckay66

Does anyone know what % you have to get in the core exam to be able to repeat in January if necessary?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thefox1982

Mckay66 wrote: »
    Does anyone know what % you have to get in the core exam to be able to repeat in January if necessary?

Once you fail you fail as far as I am aware. You do not need to get a certain percentage to be able to resit an exam.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mckay66

Ok thanks, just read somewhere on here that the re-sits were for people who marginally fail wasn’t sure

Mckay66 wrote: »
    Ok thanks, just read somewhere on here that the re-sits were for people who marginally fail wasn’t sure

It's firm dependent from what I've heard. You only get three attempts so if you fail Jan, next August is your last chance. A lot of firms don't want to take that risk because January pass rates are a lot lower.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 eimeark700

Does anyone know where the solution to Bane Medical is please?

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭thefox1982

Hi all.

Below are my notes that I have compiled for the exams next week. My main "A Folder" of notes were too big to upload on this but can be accessed through this link

https://www.dropbox.com/s/71ubqw29a18yipv/FAE%20A%20Folder.pdf?dl=0

I hope these notes help someone!

Easier today than yesterday I thought. Hopefully done enough to pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 D.92

Any predictions for audit elective ?

pixie11123 wrote: »

Funny, myself and my friends found the comp technically easier. Just comes down to what suits you individually.

2 down, hopefully I can bin the notes after the results haha.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭ruthy_2504

Totally agree! Was rattled yesterday but much happier after today! One last push now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Hightower92

Was happy with yesterday, but even happier with today. Tomorrow off is badly needed!

Funny, myself and my friends found the comp technically easier. Just comes down to what suits you individually.

2 down, hopefully I can bin the notes after the results haha.
    Can't wait to get rid of all these notes

Best of luck everyone. One last push

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 LoLo86ACA

Thoughts on the APM paper?!? Very worried

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    Thoughts on the APM paper?!? Very worried

No, not thinking about it. Dissecting any of them isn't going to help anyone. You've done your best, it's out of your hands now. Same for all of us :)

No, not thinking about it. Dissecting any of them isn't going to help anyone. You've done your best, it's out of your hands now. Same for all of us :)
    I know your right but it’s so difficult to switch off - best of luck to all

Was waiting for an investment appraisal question that never came.

The only good thing is if everyone found it difficult they will likely take that into consideration when marking. Also they are stopping APM this year so they won't want a lot of people resitting it I'm hoping.

first I have heard of them stopping APM?

Was waiting for an investment appraisal question that never came.

The only good thing is if everyone found it difficult they will likely take that into consideration when marking. Also they are stopping APM this year so they won't want a lot of people resitting it I'm hoping.
    Just don't forget to mention it in the survey. Closes Wednesday at noon

• Advertisement

"The new education programme will be ready for the start of the 2018/19 academic year. Major changes include:
    • Three new final-year (FAE) electives, in Financial Services, Public Sector and Advisory
    • The Public Sector elective will be delivered in collaboration with Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA), while the Financial Services elective is in partnership with the Institute of Banking. The existing Advanced Performance Management elective will be re-designed and re-named as ‘Advisory’ to focus on commercial decision-making"

LoLo86ACA wrote: »
    first I have heard of them stopping APM?

Yeah, keeping audit and tax, scrapping APM, introducing financial services elective and I think a strategy one

Edit: pixie beat me to it! And has the full info

Thanks!! I was not aware of this

I'd kinda like to do the financial services elective. Haha will wait see how the results go, I may yet be doing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DP79511

I wonder has anyone the past papers and mocks past papers saved that they could forward on to me? I forgot to save copies of them before they removed material from the website!! Thanks!

DP79511 wrote: »
    I wonder has anyone the past papers and mocks past papers saved that they could forward on to me? I forgot to save copies of them before they removed material from the website!! Thanks!

Only APM if that's any use to you. Why would you want them!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 CAIgirl

Does everyone have their diaries up to date? I have them done but not uploaded on the website

• Registered Users Posts: 11 DP79511

Only APM if that's any use to you. Why would you want them!

Iam preparing myself for worst case scenario!! It's mainly the core I dont have(long story!) But if its handy for you to forward them on id appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 nhickey07

CAIgirl wrote: »
    Does everyone have their diaries up to date? I have them done but not uploaded on the website

I broke my heart the last few weekends but I have them up to date at last! You can't change the start dates on entries anymore, but the Training Support people in CAI can help with that.

The next issue is trying to grab my mentor for review and sign offs....

• Advertisement

I have my diary up to Jan 18 - still need 101 days but ill try to that this week - very difficult - do you think that will have an impact on the results - worried sick ill be resitting and contemplating starting from scratch with a new subject - dont know if thats a good idea or not?

Advertisement