Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solheim Cup

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Well as they say. It's not the first time she did it, its the first time she got caught.

As who say? Specifically what other times are you referring to? Be nice if you can provide an example with clear-cut evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Obviously I can't since this was the first time she got caught. But it would be extremely foolish to think the first time she got caught just happens to be the first time she did it. Its possible, but quite unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

Thursday afternoon's 4:0 really cost them dearly. I know they still lost by more than 4 points but it was a mountain to climb after that. I think the bottom half of the European team were just nowhere near the level of the US. The states just had too much strength right through the full team and when Peterson pulled out injured they lost their "Seve" figure to bring the fire. Could have the makings of a good side in two years time though when Hull, Hall, Pederson and Sagstrom are that bit more mature and stronger. Dare we hope there might even be a Maguire on the team ?

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭bmay529

Obviously I can't since this was the first time she got caught. But it would be extremely foolish to think the first time she got caught just happens to be the first time she did it. Its possible, but quite unlikely.

I thought the ladies golf was very entertaining last night. Good play all around most notable for Lexi and Anna in the top match and thought a half was a good result. Some determination for Nordqvist to get that birdie on the last for the half. I was disappointed to see Hall miss the put for a half on the last which I thought she deserved after great playing through the three days.

As far as the Lexi incident at the ANA is concerned it is my understanding that it was quite common in ladies pro golf. A cm here or there doesn't mean a thing but it is the principle of the thing, you should mark your ball and put it back on the same spot. Having said that how many times have you gone to replace a marked ball on a green only to find it falls into a depression that is not a repairable pitch mark. Have you placed it in the depression or the side of the depression???

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭martinkop

bmay529 wrote: »
    . Having said that how many times have you gone to replace a marked ball on a green only to find it falls into a depression that is not a repairable pitch mark. Have you placed it in the depression or the side of the depression???

Happened to me at the weekend. An old unrepaired pitch mark. Ball sitting right down in it. Had to putt out of it. Ball hopped about an inch into the air. Still holed it though :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,876 ✭✭✭Russman

martinkop wrote: »
    Happened to me at the weekend. An old unrepaired pitch mark. Ball sitting right down in it. Had to putt out of it. Ball hopped about an inch into the air. Still holed it though :D

You can repair an old ball mark on the green at any time.............

• Registered Users Posts: 11,369 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Well as they say. It's not the first time she did it, its the first time she got caught.

Exactly. The amount of people who think it's ok is baffling, no wonder there is so much cheating going on in the amateur game.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭marbless

amazing performance by Lexi Thompson. What a back nine. And absolute credit to Nordqvist to birdie the last to square the match. Incredible golf.
    Exactly. The singles proved way more competitive than I expected, and although USA had a clear margin of victory at the end (16.5 - 11.5) Europe pushed them really hard. In fact,the 12 singles points were split 50-50.

Regarding Sky's coverage, I thought Henni Goya's on-course commentary was great. She picked up on the dynamic between Creamer and Hall very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Hastentoadd

As a solheim cup goes, this was a good match. Europe could have swung it and that made it exciting. It simply was competitive. A few putts Europes way and it really could have swung things on the last day. And that makes it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,131 ✭✭✭benny79

Plus not all Pro's came out and supported her.. They didnt blatantly say she was a cheat how could they! but they hinted at it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement