Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I'm forced to do the captcha thing constantly

Options
  • 20-08-2017 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭

Around every 10 minutes or so when I refresh boards.ie, I'm redirected to the Captcha page and I have to pick squares from an image containing certain kinds of objects. etc. I usually have to pass 2 or 3 of them in a row before it redirects me back to the page I want to view.

There's a section that claims to be about things I can do to prevent it happening, but it's a bit cryptic. It says I can "perform a scan for malware" or something like that, but it's very vague. Does this mean the site thinks it has detected some kind of malware from my browser? I think it's unlikely that I have any malware. I'm using Firefox on Ubuntu and I have no extensions or plugins.

This has only started recently. For a while, I had to do the captcha thing every now and then, but now it's literally every 10 minutes or so.

I'm connecting from the US if that makes any difference. It's the same from my home or from other locations.

Is there anything I can do to stop this madness? Thanks!

EDIT...I grabbed the text I was referring to when it happened again:

What can I do to prevent this in the future?

If you are on a personal connection, like at home, you can run an anti-virus scan on your device to make sure it is not infected with malware.

If you are at an office or shared network, you can ask the network administrator to run a scan across the network looking for misconfigured or infected devices.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Was this just happening over the weekend? Cloudflare implemented some extra security checks on the site over the weekend which considerably slowed and interrupted some people in using the site. Apologies if this caused any inconvenience and frustration to you browsing or posting. If it continues, please do let us know. Thanks :)

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭firefly08

Was this just happening over the weekend? Cloudflare implemented some extra security checks on the site over the weekend which considerably slowed and interrupted some people in using the site. Apologies if this caused any inconvenience and frustration to you browsing or posting. If it continues, please do let us know. Thanks :)

No it was all week. Funnily enough, it seems to have stopped after I posted that thread. I assumed someone did something to fix it!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement