Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lilash

Options
  • 20-08-2017 9:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭

Has anyone used this?
    My eyelash look so short after getting my lash extensions removed my and I'd love them to be longer, lilash looks amazing but it's very expensive!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭idunno78

I used the M2 Beaut serum and it definatley worked for me. Was very expensive though! I saw iGlow recently Laura's Views used it and Jesus her lashes are gone so long (a bit to long for me I think but defo works). Really thinking of trying it out! Much cheaper then what The other one!
    Never heard of the one your in about tho?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭qxtasybe1nwfh2

I bought the iglow serum based off Laura's recommendation 🙈 really hoping my eyelashes don't just fall out!! At the moment they are just itchy.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Sam from PixiWoo swears by lilash so that's where I originally heard about it.

Will have a look at the other serums too, but don't want to cheap out of the more expensive one us much better!

Edit: just checked, the prices don't seem much cheaper then lilash (iglow anyway), and lilash has a 90 day money back guarantee that's swaying me.....

iGlow 3ml €60
    Lilash 2ml €68 4ml €119
    M2 beaut 5ml €120

I don't know if it's appropriate to compare the ml like for like as obviously one formula could be more potent, but I know lilash 2ml is meant to last 3 months with constant use and most people don't use it daily after they reach their desired lash length!

Also hygiene issues with having a bottle in use for too long....

I have mine way longer then I should!! Not even gonna say how long! Used it and then stopped for while now I use it on and of! Prob better of getting the smaller amount rather then it going to waste!

Let us know how u get on with it Laura.

I'm sure the potency of mine is gone by now! You would imagine it would go of or like medicine lose its strength!? Will want a new one soon!

• Advertisement

idunno78 wrote: »
    I have mine way longer then I should!! Not even gonna say how long! Used it and then stopped for while now I use it on and of! Prob better of getting the smaller amount rather then it going to waste!

Let us know how u get on with it Laura.

I'm sure the potency of mine is gone by now! You would imagine it would go of or like medicine lose its strength!? Will want a new one soon!

Were your results similar to the kind you see in before and after pics on their site? Just want to know what to expect!

AFAIK the active ingredient was originally a medicine for an eye condition and they discovered that it makes the eyelashes grow!

Thy definately got longer people thought That I had fake lashes! But they were nothing like Laura's result (different product i know). It was actually like I had a lash lift without the last lift! If that makes sense? It took ages to notice a difference! But other people definitely noticed!

I can notice a great difference in my mothers lashes they used to be really stumpy but now she has nice longish Ines nothing crazy! Dunno how often she usesnit tho!

I looked into it a lot at the time before I bought! Was about 6 years ago I bought the first tube have repurchase once and once for my mother! And yea it is an ingredient that is used to treat glacoma I think and they noticed that as a side effect!!

They only thing I would be wary of is that it can make your lashes look wiry if that's they type you have! And be careful where you put it!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

Have seen all the ads for iglow but wanted to wait until more people tried it. Would be great if people could report back. I saw Laura's review and she said it took nearly 8 weeks to see a difference and she used it everyday so sounds like you have to stick with it.

I hope the deal at the moment doesn't go soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

A big thing I found was my under eye circles were darker when using it but since I stopped that's resolved. Also if you have any way sensitive eyes it can make eyes red and uncomfortable, my sis can't tolerate it at all. It really is effective and great for length but the only thing I find is that lashes look long and spidery rather than full and volumous like with extensions. Its worth trying if you have the money to spare. I've used both the generic version of Latisse (bitmatoprost which is prescription only) and Lilash. They both have similar results but Latisse was much better. Your lashes go through a shedding phase first and they begin to grow back longer and stronger, takes about 2 months to see full results. I use daily for 3/4 months then every second or 3rd night and you only use the teeniest amount, using extra doesn't make it work faster lol

How can I get Latisse? How much does it cost?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭Scraggs

GingerLily wrote: »
    How can I get Latisse? How much does it cost?

It's prescription only. I get it in the UK in a private clinic. I don't know of any doctors in Ireland that will prescribe it for lashes but would be interested if anyone does.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

Try Simon and Tom eyelash growth serum on Amazon UK - I had been using Lipocils up until last year and the Simon and Tom is the exact same but less than half price. You can cjeck the reviews on Amazon, all good.

lubie76 wrote: »
    Try Simon and Tom eyelash growth serum on Amazon UK - I had been using Lipocils up until last year and the Simon and Tom is the exact same but less than half price. You can cjeck the reviews on Amazon, all good.

The reviews look pretty mixed........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭lubie76

GingerLily wrote: »
    The reviews look pretty mixed........

I have used talika lipocils, lilash and also Jan marini eyelash serum,over the past 5 years due to extensions and they are all hugely different price points but do the exact same thing.

The only reason people give bad reviews is because they dont give it sufficient time to work- it takes 5 weeks minimum of twice daily use before it makes any noticeable difference. Some people swear by castor oil mixed with avocado oil but I would just find it a bit messy.

• Subscribers Posts: 342 ✭✭NicsM

I ordered the iGlow serum using Laura's views discount code when it was valid — it arrived within a week and I started using it last night. Will report back in a few weeks! Really hoping it works because my lashes are so stumpy after lash extensions.

I saw she should have another code tomo! Think I'm gonna try it! She has me convinced and I trust her reviews! We could all put up before and afters of the different ones used!??

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Keepingitreal

Ohh must look out for the code...my poor lashes need some help!

Code is LAURA
    €10 of so €49 just ordered it there!

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭Pink11

The beautiful truth blogger bought iglow and will be reporting back. Dying to see how she finds it.

It really seems to be getting such great reviews so far even though I can't understand how it works in my head!!

Mine landed today! So will keep u updated! Says on box 3-8 weeks so will see what happens!

• Advertisement

I'm 3 weeks in now and no change but I'm not going to let myself be disappointed until week 7! Also they say you can return after 8 weeks for a refund if not happy and I will be definitely doing that if it doesn't work.

Do you apply it above lashline or where? I did tonight but last night but it on my lash line? The m2 beaute on was on lash line. Will don't the way they say anyhow but just wondered what other people do!

idunno78 wrote: »
    Do you apply it above lashline or where? I did tonight but last night but it on my lash line? The m2 beaute on was on lash line. Will don't the way they say anyhow but just wondered what other people do!

I have been putting it on the lash line! It says on the website not to put it directly on your lashes but I didn't see that until a few weeks ago. I have hooded eyes anyways do I don't think I could keep it off my eyelashes. I can see a small change a month in. I'm raging though because my before pics aren't great and I didn't take any with mascara on.

6 weeks in and my eyelashes are definitely a little bit longer but there’s a couple of eyelashes that have started to grow from the inner corner of my eye! A bit strange and I’m not sure what to do with them. I thought it was a lash that had fallen out and I was trying to wipe it away for a few mins before I realized.

I'm in week 3 today. Haven't noticed a difference only thag two lashes are gone funny at the ends. Hoping it was that I slept funny or something. Seem to be ok today. I do think there darker at the root but don't know am I imagining that?!
    I know you said you didn't notice difference at week 3 so I'm still hoping!
    Looking at their Instagram today and it's pretty obvious some people have got there lashes curled for the after photo! I'm still hanging on to Laura's review cos there is no denying that it didn't work for her (Did work for her!!!???)!!

Pictures attached. Before pics are crap, I don’t know why I used the front camera, I was tired!!

Oh you can notice a dofference. I compared the closed eye ones! They look darker and thicker anyhow. Looks like you have a lot more hairs growing!! And the edges look longer! Il lost mine at week 6 took ones at the start!

Yeah I definitely notice the difference, I’ll keep using it for another few weeks anyways. I notice it a lot when I wear mascara. Before my eyelashes just stuck out and even when I curled them, they went nowhere and I wore little individual lashes but now I don’t feel I have to. They give my eye a little lift.

The only negative is that I am a face sleeper and the eyelashes are starting to bend inwards! I think I just never noticed before because there was no length there. Also I think that because I put the serum on at night, they might bend easier or something. Not a real complaint I suppose! It’s a bad habit to sleep that way I feel but it’s just so comfortable :D

My friend is going to get me Latisse, I'm so excited. If that doesn't work nothing will!

I'll be sure to post before and after photos!

• Advertisement

Top pic is the day I stArted using it and bottom pic is 4 weeks later. Bottom lashes are longer can't notice difference with top. I tinted them the night before that why they are Darker!.

Anyone know how I can post a photo?

Advertisement