Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Street art in Dublin City

Options
  • 20-08-2017 9:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Hey all,

Looking around Dublin recently I have been pleasantly surprised by a number of very lovely pieces of street art. My favourite so far has been the painting on Blooms Hotel.

I am very interested in street art/graffiti and was wondering if you might be able to let me know of any particular street art currently in Dublin city that might be of interest to me. If you can think of any, I would be really grateful as I would like to make a photography collection of some, and I know they tend to have quite a short shelf-life.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Liberty Lane just off Camden St.

Next door to the Bernard Shaw pub and the lane to the back of it.

Neither would be as big or compare to the Blooms Hotel mind you.

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭juno10353

Giant Squirrel made from recycled items on the wall of Kennedy's bar, next to Tara street dart station.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

The walls of the carpark in Tivoli Theatre on Francis Street is covered in street art.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Also further down the same street there is usually something on a building that used to be a pub called The Barley Mote. I haven't been down Francis Street in several monthsso I don't know what it looks liek at the moment. It used to change every few months.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

This piece off South Circular Road is pretty cool. Liking what they're doing with some of the electrical and other boxes round the city too.

425757.jpg

And as said, the area around the Bernard Shaw is nice to walk around.

🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

There is a large Conor Harrington piece on Merrion Court (off Merrion Row) on the side of Bang, been there for a few years (went up pre-2012).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭francois

Stirrup Lane off Church Street

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Saw this one in Temple Bar yesterday:

TELEMMGLPICT000137960171_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLFvFcbCCSSPOPEZoCZQZEo8KMb3MXm3Ol-ndyPRXjeQ.jpeg?imwidth=480

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Bedford Lane behind Aston Quay in Temple Bar

https://goo.gl/maps/R8uKUhwt8jF2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭La_Gordy

I love this piece in Smithfield.

C-rdp4LXoAEnxpU.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,647 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

OP if you are into street art then check out the website of Culture Night. Street artist Will St.Leger is running two street art tours on culture night starting in Temple Bar at Thunder Road Cafe, iirc they begin at 17.30 and 19.30 but double check the details on the site in case Im wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

If you are into street art you could think about a trip down to Waterford. They have the Waterford walls festival designed attract street artists who paint large pieces all around the city centre. Its been running a few years now and has produced some great art.

Just two hours down the road from Dublin.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

Saw this one in Temple Bar yesterday:

TELEMMGLPICT000137960171_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqLFvFcbCCSSPOPEZoCZQZEo8KMb3MXm3Ol-ndyPRXjeQ.jpeg?imwidth=480

Sorry but the f*cking szzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzdate of that lol

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,960 ✭✭✭Dr Crayfish

La_Gordy wrote: »
    I love this piece in Smithfield.

C-rdp4LXoAEnxpU.jpg

Local gurrier on a mistreated horse that contributes to that absolute disgrace of a market in Smithfield once a month or whenever it is. The sooner they shut that down the better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

There is a fantastic mural on the hoarding around Kevin st Garda station.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,183 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Not as big or as fancy as others but there are a few of this little bloke and his mates hidden in residential streets between North Strand and East Wall. Here's one near the railway bridge at the end of Stoney Road.

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭duckmusic

spurious wrote: »
    Not as big or as fancy as others but there are a few of this little bloke and his mates hidden in residential streets between North Strand and East Wall. Here's one near the railway bridge at the end of Stoney Road.

Tons of this guy around Dublin 6 as well

Advertisement