Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My dad selling his house

Options
  • 20-08-2017 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

hey guys
    My dad has his house for sale in the next year which will go to auction, it has been valued at 300k , this is the initial valuation , on common standards will this go up much at auction and is the "initial Value" close to selling price evan at auction

Comments

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,727 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Moved to accommodation and property as there is no real legal point for discussion.

The accommodation and property charter now applies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

tig22 wrote: »
    hey guys
    My dad has his house for sale in the next year which will go to auction, it has been valued at 300k , this is the initial valuation , on common standards will this go up much at auction and is the "initial Value" close to selling price evan at auction

Initial valuation is just a quick valuation now.

It does not related to the sale price, but it might represent what a rational investor might value the property at, so you can expect a s.p. of in and around that figure.

Of course it may not sell either or go for a lot more. Why is he going the auction route? It generally is only used when there are title issues, low interest, etc. A lot of people won't buy at auction due to having to outlay inspection costs before bidding or else buy blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,648 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Depends where the house is, how the economy is in a years time, how long is a piece of string basically. Planning permission could be announced for something nearby that could kill the value too. Make sure he puts a reserve on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

hey guys

Why auction? Is there something wrong with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭tig22

Askthe EA wrote: »
    Why auction? Is there something wrong with it?

it is a large georgian 5 storey house , sorta dilapidated

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

hey guys

It depends of if the initial value is higher or lower than what the property is worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Askthe EA

it is a large georgian 5 storey house , sorta dilapidated

Yeah, that kind of explains it. All the legals have to be done in advance. Perfect for that kind of property.

Advertisement