Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

any gpu brands I should avoid?

Options
  • 20-08-2017 11:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hello everyone.

Just wanted to ask is there any graphic card manufacturers/brands I should avoid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A better question would be to link to a graphics card you are looking to buy and ask if it is any good.

There is no bad manufacturers per se, but most if not all do budget versions and top of the line models and the difference between them would be better heat pipes and fins and quieter fans at max load.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

A better question would be to link to a graphics card you are looking to buy and ask if it is any good.

There is no bad manufacturers per se, but most if not all do budget versions and top of the line models and the difference between them would be better heat pipes and fins and quieter fans at max load.

Fair enough this is the card I wanted to buy https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B01IA9FEOO/ref=mp_s_a_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1503249311&sr=8-5&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=gtx+1060&dpPl=1&dpID=51tY8oN0%2BTL&ref=plSrch

It seem cheaper then other gtx 1060's so i thought it be a bit dodgy. I just have not heard much about zotac or inno3d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

They are good cards. I'd say go for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

It's a small form factor card designed for mini ITX cases.

The cooler is a lot smaller and not as powerful but 1060's sip energy anyway. It won't clock as high as some of the bigger cards but it should still be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Earthday

BloodBath wrote: »
    It's a small form factor card designed for mini ITX cases.

The cooler is a lot smaller and not as powerful but 1060's sip energy anyway. It won't clock as high as some of the bigger cards but it should still be fine.

so my chances with heating issues are low? for someone don't plan to overclock their gpu.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I think it's only around 120w power consumption so cooling should be a doddle at the stock speeds. It will just limit your overclocking potential but that won't make a difference if you aren't going to bother with that. Average rating on Amazon is great as well.

I'd say you're safe. A free copy of rocket league to sweeten the deal as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

I have the GTX1060 version of that, it's perfectly fine even for mild overclocking. Overheating is not an issue realistically with almost any model card - the real issue between cards is noise primarily, and overclocking potential. Overheating doesn't come into it.

Advertisement