Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Affordable celebratory meal in Dublin

• 20-08-2017 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Howya lads, graduating in a few weeks and the auld pair want to go for a meal. Apparently pizza or burritos aren't an option so do ye have any recommendations for affordable (but nice) restaurants in South Dublin?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

When you say south Dublin, how far south do you mean?

If you're talking city centre rather than way out south, and your folks would eat middle eastern food, then there's Keshk on Mespil Road, or Little Jerusalem on Camden St or in Rathmines that do amazing food at seriously low prices. I think they're all BYOB, which makes it even better value.

ETA - I see the Rathmines LJ is closed

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Licherandkebab

Around UCD preferably, but south city centre is also fine I'd imagine

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

How old are the 'ould pair'? Maybe you could ask them for their suggestions?

Ah not old at all really but they were asking me where to go. Haven't eaten in too many good restaurants in that area though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,108 ✭✭✭Jellybaby1

What about 'The Goat'? Ages since I was there but used to be ok.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,506 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

What sort of price range are you looking for? Apart from "not pizza or burrito"?

Yeah was thinking about The Goat alright, usually decent.

Anything €15-20 for a main course, I doubt I'll be allowed to pay and don't want to ask for too much, ya know yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,670 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

There are a lot in Stillorgan - Riba is good, and the one upstairs from Aprile. And good old Gotham beside the Mill House, excellent food at reasonable prices. Beaufield Mews?

Beaufield mews looks excellent - can't say I'd heard of it before. Thanks a mil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Day Lewin wrote: »
    There are a lot in Stillorgan - Riba is good, and the one upstairs from Aprile. And good old Gotham beside the Mill House, excellent food at reasonable prices. Beaufield Mews?

Went to Riba for my son's graduation. Exceptional food. The do deals for earlier in the week, I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Riba, Gotham and Beaufiled Mews all come to mind. A little closer in you could try Ember in Milltown or Ashton's Gastropub in Clonskeagh. There's also Farmhill restaurant in Goatstown or Michael's in Mount Merrion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭ellejay

Ate in Keshk about two weeks ago, food was fabulous.
    It's great value and love the Bring your own bottle.
    They cook lamb chunks on a skewer, really tasty.

We got the lunch menu, even though it was three o clock on a Sat.
    The evening menu is a lot more expensive though.

Great suggestions here, míle buíochas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Has to be Ashtons.

We went there after my own graduation back in the mists of time, I don't remember much about it though, too much vino and I was on a high with me little parchment!

But everyone said it was great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Melendez wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Eh op said €15-€20 not over double that. If you don't mind me saying your post reads like a marketing leaflet ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭Neon_Lights

Phx bistro is a good shout if you're going north of the liffey... Reasonably priced and good grub

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭arian

vicwatson wrote: »
    Eh op said €15-€20 not over double that. If you don't mind me saying your post reads like a marketing leaflet ;)

To be fair, it was €15-€20 for the main course, not for three courses. Mind, it doesn't sound like you get much food in Mulbery Garden. Could be the place for Spanish Eyes from the too much food thread :)

arian wrote: »
    To be fair, it was €15-€20 for the main course, not for three courses. Mind, it doesn't sound like you get much food in Mulbery Garden. Could be the place for Spanish Eyes from the too much food thread :)

went to mullberry garden for valentines.

the missus still chastises me to this day that we had to go for a chipper afterwards, dont get me wrong though it was delicious.

Another place I find reasonable is Osteria Lucio off macken st, or Da Mimmo on the north strand. superb italians.

Btw the irony of this post title is delicious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭pummice

The Dropping Well

Btw the irony of this post title is delicious.

I do love my oxymorons.

Advertisement