Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walker smart tv keeps disabling wifi

• 21-08-2017 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi. I'm not sure if this is the right section for this but if not I will move it. I have 2 walker smart TVs. One in my teenagers room for Netflix and one downstairs. Both of them worked no problem but recently BOTH OF THEM disable the wifi. The only way to re enter the wifi code is to delete our network and plug out for a minute. Sometimes it finds out network when we scan for wireless connections but when it does find it..it says to enter password and then completely disconnects. We have NO PROBLEMS with our wifi other than these 2 smart TVs. We are with Virgin media for our wifi. We can still watch our virgin media boxes on the TVs but it's so hard to connect with the wireless. IF we do get it connected..it disappears once the TVs switches off. Is it a coincidence that they are both walker TVs? One is a 42" and one is a 32". Can anyone help? Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Conor03

Hi there, im having issues setting up wifi on my walker-wps32sm287-32-wifi-led-tv. It doesnt display the option for wireless. Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 13 The Villas

Conor03 wrote: »
    Hi there, im having issues setting up wifi on my walker-wps32sm287-32-wifi-led-tv. It doesnt display the option for wireless. Any ideas?

Go to menu- settings-scroll down to network settings- switch from wired device to wireless and press the yellow button on the remote control. You should see your internet name there. Press ok and enter your password. It should connect from there. Ours did but then stopped working after 2 years. We actually have 3 of these TVs and the same thing happened to all 3. I didn't realise al of our TVs were Walker smart TVs. I'm stumped as to what the problem is but anyway best of luck. That "SHOULD " work for you. Best of Luck

• Registered Users Posts: 12 CB007

Conor03 wrote: »

Hi sorry this is so random after months but i recently received a walkers tv for christmas and similarly to you it does not display the option for wireless. could you tell me how you resolved the issue
    Ciara

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭lukafish

Hi, guys, same problem here, walker tv stop showing wireless option at menu, any idea how to fix it?
    Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

The Villas wrote: »
    Go to menu- settings-scroll down to network settings- switch from wired device to wireless and press the yellow button on the remote control. You should see your internet name there. Press ok and enter your password. It should connect from there. Ours did but then stopped working after 2 years. We actually have 3 of these TVs and the same thing happened to all 3. I didn't realise al of our TVs were Walker smart TVs. I'm stumped as to what the problem is but anyway best of luck. That "SHOULD " work for you. Best of Luck
    https://www.glendimplexireland.com/walker-downloads/WP-4K4000SM_IB.pdf

Same problem here but I can’t change settings as suggested above. ‘Menu is not available’.
    Does anyone know how to go about fixing it?
    The tv did install update and now we can’t watch anything on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Chrome cast not working on it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lozx97

CB007 wrote: »
    Hi sorry this is so random after months but i recently received a walkers tv for christmas and similarly to you it does not display the option for wireless. could you tell me how you resolved the issue
    Ciara
    Hi Ciara did you ever get this problem solved I am having the same problem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 141 ✭✭DeconSheridan

Some older Smart TVs and the chrome cast / roku tv stick prefers the older wifi security encryption WPA/WPA2 sometimes the router is it set on another type..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 870 ✭✭✭65535

Ensure that your WiFi is not using Channel 13 and re-test

Advertisement