Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving house - broadband query.

Options
  • 21-08-2017 12:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭

Hi there.

I've just moved house, I'm under contract to Eir Broadband from my old house but I've been told that I'll have to sign a new 18 month contract in order to receive the Broadband that I'm already contracted to be receiving.

What happens if I don't agree to the new 18 month contract?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

Hi there.

I've just moved house, I'm under contract to Eir Broadband from my old house but I've been told that I'll have to sign a new 18 month contract in order to receive the Broadband that I'm already contracted to be receiving.

What happens if I don't agree to the new 18 month contract?
    Hi OnlyWayIsUp, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us today. 

Unfortunately, there is a new contract applied to the new address when you move and there is no way around this. I'm afraid This is the standard procedure. 

Thanks 

Adam 

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭OnlyWayIsUp

I don't want to sign a new 18 month contract with eir.

I want to continue with the contract I have.

If you cannot provide the service to the new house then I will see this as a breach of contract allowing me to cancel. I cannot be expected to pay for a service I am not getting.

It is my policy not to pay for services that I am not receiving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭eir: Adam

I don't want to sign a new 18 month contract with eir.

I want to continue with the contract I have.

If you cannot provide the service to the new house then I will see this as a breach of contract allowing me to cancel. I cannot be expected to pay for a service I am not getting.

It is my policy not to pay for services that I am not receiving.
    I'm afraid it's not possible to continue with the existing contract when you move address, all new account apply a new contract. 

The move team on 1901 will be able to advise you of what services are available at your new address and if you can't avail of them they will be able to advise further from there. 

Thanks 

Adam 

Advertisement