Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend Restaurant near Bunratty

• 21-08-2017 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 33

We are planning to go to Curraghchase with our caravan next weekend. We would like to take the children (10&12) to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park on Sunday. We want to go somewhere on the way back to Curraghchase for dinner, possibly good pub food or a casual steakhouse. A good kids menu is important as they both like proper food, our son actually likes a rare steak but is not ready for an adult size yet....

Any recommendations bearing in mind that we will be in jeans so somewhere casual...

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭sioda

Jp Clarkes in Bunratty excellent food decent range on the menu as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 quizzical

De Bucket Quinn's Bar & Restaurant in Kildimo, Which is on your way to Curraghchase on the N69 it's only 10 mins from the campsite.
    Excellent pub grub and very reasonably priced great parking... Check them out on line

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

We always go to JP Clarkes for Family Meals with my mother and brother and his kids. Kids are happy with their menu and you can have a set menu or A La Carte. There is a pub and a restaurant. Choose the pub as the restaurant is more fish orientated and pricier.

You need to book it as well in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭Strettie11

If going to JP Clarkes next weekend is the last weekend before some schools open I expect it will be very busy so definitely book .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

The restaurant in the Bunratty Manor is very good but you would need to book it for Sunday lunch.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭highlydebased

I used to love jp clarkes but had a few letdowns - not getting what we ordered, being forgotten about and woefully slow service to name a few!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

Lagore wrote: »
    We are planning to go to Curraghchase with our caravan next weekend. We would like to take the children (10&12) to Bunratty Castle & Folk Park on Sunday. We want to go somewhere on the way back to Curraghchase for dinner, possibly good pub food or a casual steakhouse. A good kids menu is important as they both like proper food, our son actually likes a rare steak but is not ready for an adult size yet....

Any recommendations bearing in mind that we will be in jeans so somewhere casual...

Thanks

JP Clarke's is very good but it's a little bit fancier than regular pub grub so with the kids you might prefer The Creamery across from the castle. It's also very good but a bit more casual. The bacon & cabbage is especially good...

You should bear in mind that Bunratty is always incredibly busy on Sunday. There can be queues for tables in both JP Clarkes and The Creamery.

Durty Nellies also serve food and is always busy too but IMO the food is not great.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Lagore

JP Clarke's is very good but it's a little bit fancier than regular pub grub so with the kids you might prefer The Creamery across from the castle. It's also very good but a bit more casual. The bacon & cabbage is especially good...

You should bear in mind that Bunratty is always incredibly busy on Sunday. There can be queues for tables in both JP Clarkes and The Creamery.

Durty Nellies also serve food and is always busy too but IMO the food is not great.

When you say fancier do you mean the food or that we will be under dressed in jeans? Not worried about the food being fancier as we are foodies so the children have been exposed to all sorts since they were little...my daughter's favourite food is blue cheese and olives since she was about 3!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Gallagher's Seafood was excellent when I was there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭EndaHonesty

When you say fancier do you mean the food or that we will be under dressed in jeans? Not worried about the food being fancier as we are foodies so the children have been exposed to all sorts since they were little...my daughter's favourite food is blue cheese and olives since she was about 3!!

The food and decor is a little better/nicer/fancier than your average bar/pub.
    The Creamery is more casual but still very good.

I'm just trying to give you a sense of both places. Which ever one you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 Lagore

The food and decor is a little better/nicer/fancier than your average bar/pub.
    The Creamery is more casual but still very good.

I'm just trying to give you a sense of both places. Which ever one you choose I'm sure you'll enjoy.

Ahh I see. Well tbh as my children are more used to eating in restaurants than being in pubs then JP Clarkes should be fine....they won't notice that it's a little bit fancier than the average pub!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭ShatterProof

jp clarkes do a burger with blue cheese so she should be in her element.

Advertisement