Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what is my pc worth?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭

hi I'm considering selling my pc and monitor and accessories and starting fresh with a new compact build or a gaming laptop. can you tell me what I can realistically expect to get for the pc?

monitor-acer XG270HU 27inch 1440P 144HZ gaming monitor
    keyboard- corsair k65
    mouse razer deathadder

RIG

windows 10
    GPU gtx1080 founders edition
    MOBO asus X79-deluxe
    CPU intel core i7 i7-3960X
    16gb gaming ram
    noctua NH-D14 D-TYPE premium cooler
    PSU cooler master m2 720w
    128gb ssd
    2tb hdd
    CASE Cooler Master Cosmos II Computer Case 'XL-ATX, E-ATX, ATX, microATX, USB 3.0, Solid Side Panel' RC-1200-KKN1

other accessories sennheisser game one headset

any help appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

GPU: 500
    CPU: 170
    Board: (hard to tell from ebay, this could be off) 200
    RAM: 80
    Cooler: 60
    PSU: 50
    SSD + HDD: 120
    Case: 200
    Windows: 90

Monitor: 300
    Mouse: 35
    Keyboard: 80
    Headset: 150

Used ebay to get some ballpark numbers. Looking for around 2k for all this isn't unreasonable. Splitting will net you better overall money, but will take longer to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

If only there was a sticky for this..... :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054853497

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

degsie wrote: »
    If only there was a sticky for this..... :)

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054853497

oops sorry lads

on a side note a gaming laptop?? good bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭Xenoronin

Starting to look very good recently. The nvidia cards are as good as their desktop counterparts and this MaxQ design seems to be working quite well for the 1060/1070 (not really the 1080), in mobile. If you really to move around a lot, then it's not a bad option.

The Razer Core system is an alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

oops sorry lads

For you dark knight having had this rig. A Terrible idea. Seriously terrible.

Laptops are ok. But you know all too well one little part acts up.order new one Hey swap it out sorted. Laptop nearly always gone.And I mean that. You'll get priced out of repair and be left sending it away somewhere.

Not to mention the price vs performance on laptop vs pc build.

Make a compact one. With top of range parts. Still be cheaper than a laptop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,706 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

hi I'm considering selling my pc and monitor and accessories and starting fresh with a new compact build or a gaming laptop. can you tell me what I can realistically expect to get for the pc?

monitor-acer XG270HU 27inch 1440P 144HZ gaming monitor
    keyboard- corsair k65
    mouse razer deathadder

RIG

windows 10
    GPU gtx1080 founders edition
    MOBO asus X79-deluxe
    CPU intel core i7 i7-3960X
    16gb gaming ram
    noctua NH-D14 D-TYPE premium cooler
    PSU cooler master m2 720w
    128gb ssd
    2tb hdd
    CASE Cooler Master Cosmos II Computer Case 'XL-ATX, E-ATX, ATX, microATX, USB 3.0, Solid Side Panel' RC-1200-KKN1

other accessories sennheisser game one headset

any help appreciated
    Keep the GTX 1080 & build a compact system around it IMHO

• Registered Users Posts: 12,416 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

why do you want to get rid of that rig and start again as that is a very good system?

Skerries wrote: »
    why do you want to get rid of that rig and start again as that is a very good system?
    I need a more compact system and tbh 1440 is nice and all that but I have no interest in anything more than 1080 its just wasted tbh on me

literally this case is a monster

Not sure I understand.

You're getting older, surely you need more pixels for your eyes? ;)

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Not sure I understand.

You're getting older, surely you need more pixels for your eyes? ;)

:eek: oh no you didn't :pac:

was considering a 1080p rig lot more compact. this is just pure overkill for me and way too bulky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

this is just pure overkill for me and way too bulky

G'way outta that. Do you know how many watches I have had that are designed to work at 300m below sea level? Do you know how many times I have been in the sea? :D

A bit of overkill is good for the soul.

Are you looking to go super-compact (<15L) or slightly larger (20-25L)?

I'd still keep the GTX 1080, with a 1080p screen you would probably not have to upgrade the GPU for 5-6years to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,637 ✭✭✭Inviere

I've a 1080Ti in an mitx case (Core V1), so I'm not sure I understand the correlation between resolution and case size. You could still downgrade the case size, go small form factor, and continue to game at 1440p if you like...

962e3db4f2f9a1e42def1bd5a1e53839e5e50ffe_hq.jpg

Inviere wrote: »
    I've a 1080Ti in an mitx case (Core V1), so I'm not sure I understand the correlation between resolution and case size. You could still downgrade the case size, go small form factor, and continue to game at 1440p if you like...

962e3db4f2f9a1e42def1bd5a1e53839e5e50ffe_hq.jpg
    ah no I know that. I'm considering downgrading case size and selling the 1440 going back to 1080. the cooling tower is massive though would need to change some parts to accommodate a smaller case

• Registered Users Posts: 1 DanielThomas

I think It is very good. You use Acer 144Hz gaming monitor, Corsair Keyboard and Razer deathadder mouse. These all are good gaming accessories. Check out online for some good monitors with 144Hz refresh rate..

Advertisement