Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media: 3 Tenants awarded compensation after their landlord refuses to engage in HAP

Options
12346»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Mrs Shuttleworth

gizmo81 wrote: »
    I find it difficult to have any meaningful discussion with you when you paint this picture that landlords are an oppressed group because of the RPZ legislation.

The issues I take from this forum are:

Landlords want to be free to charge anything they want for a property of any standard and exclude people from accommodation based on discriminatory stereotypes.

That is completely untrue. I'm new to this forum (I post regularly in Gigs and Events) have been an accidental landlord of two properties for approx ten years and have also been a tenant here in Dublin and in a prime London location. I only started posting here because of the situation I suddenly find myself in and it seems I am far from alone.

I love my properties, I keep them in pristine condition. I want to rent them out lawfully to responsible reliable adults with whom I get on well and for the most part (save for the time I used a letting agent) this has happened. I have never jacked up the rent on a sitting tenant.

In one of the properties the tenant is leaving mid September and in an unprecedented move I am not reletting it on this occasion, even though financially I need to and want to and hundreds of persons would want to rent from me. However the risks in light of Govt legislation and judicial determinations simply are not worth it at this time.

I am presently exploring all viable options.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Category Moderator note:

gizmo81, your yellow card warning for denying the existence of accidental landlords has been overturned, in this particular instance.

However, please note that the moderators of this forum have informed you that you that your denial of the existence of accidental landlords is not acceptable, on the grounds that it is untrue and that it annoys other posters.

Repeat behaviour of this sort will be treated as trolling.

Please do not reply to this message on the thread.

Advertisement