Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What bus goes from the Clarion Liffey Valley to the Shelbourne Hotel?

Options
  • 21-08-2017 10:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭

Hi there,

I'm not familiar with driving in Dublin and I'm staying in The Shelbourne. I'm coming from the west so I always park in the Clarion Hotel Liffey Valley.

Is there a bus stop near the hotel that would be a direct journey into Stephens Green?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

If you go across the N4 via the underpass, the 25a or 25b will bring you to the door of the Shelbourne. Alternatively, the 66, 66a, 66b, 67 or 67b will bring you to Nassau Street, a short walk from the Shelbourne.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You can walk a bit to the stop near the Hermitage clinic and get the 66a or 66b to Merrion Square, which is not too far of a walk from the Shelbourne, or get a taxi, which of course would be much easier.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭tomhenryford

alias no.9 wrote: »
    If you go across the N4 via the underpass, the 25a or 25b will bring you to the door of the Shelbourne. Alternatively, the 66, 66a, 66b, 67 or 67b will bring you to Nassau Street, a short walk from the Shelbourne.

Thanks for the reply.

I think that's the stop I used to use, is it where you walk over the bridge and down the ramp - if it is, that's across from the purple car park at Liffey Valley Shopping Centre but I park in the Clarion Hotel which is a very long walk from there. I wouldn't leave my car overnight in the shopping centre car park, I pay to leave it in the Clarion car park.

The last time I used that N4 stop I got absolutely drenched walking for nearly 25 minutes with 2 carry suitcases, wouldn't do it again! Looking for a stop nearer the clarion car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,971 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can put your start and end of journey locations into https://hittheroad.ie/ and it will give you options for buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'd recommend walking around by the Arc bar onto Fonthill road and down under the bridge, there's a bus stop at the other side. The one you've suggested will have all the same busses but a significantly longer walk.

If you're coming in along the N4, you pass the bus stop at the bottom of the off ramp from the N4, you're effectively walking back along the final stretch of your car journey with the exception of being able to walk across the carpark of the Arc Bar as a slight short cut.

• Advertisement

spurious wrote: »
    You can walk a bit to the stop near the Hermitage clinic and get the 66a or 66b to Merrion Square, which is not too far of a walk from the Shelbourne, or get a taxi, which of course would be much easier.

How much do you think a taxi would be around 12pm Friday?

alias no.9 wrote: »
    I'd recommend walking around by the Arc bar onto Fonthill road and down under the bridge, there's a bus stop at the other side. The one you've suggested will have all the same busses but a significantly longer walk.

If you're coming in along the N4, you pass the bus stop at the bottom of the off ramp from the N4, you're effectively walking back along the final stretch of your car journey with the exception of being able to walk across the carpark of the Arc Bar as a slight short cut.

Oh brilliant, that would do fine, don't mind a bit of a walk its just the walk I did before was just too long with bags in the Irish weather. Would I be able to get the 25A or 25B from that stop do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

Oh brilliant, that would do fine, don't mind a bit of a walk its just the walk I did before was just too long with bags in the Irish weather. Would I be able to get the 25A or 25B from that stop do you know?
    Yep, lots of buses arrive there
    https://goo.gl/maps/CrEFuATf2PQ2

Between parking charges in the Clarion and return buses it's working out much of a muchness to parking in The Shelbourne. Just put off by the new road layout, feel like I should avoid driving in at lunchtime on Friday. Am I better off just busing it?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

How much do you think a taxi would be around 12pm Friday?

Complete guess, but between 20 and 25 euro? Not sure how the new bus lanes would affect things.
    Local companies might do you a fixed price for the run.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Just drive in, be a lot handier. The new changes aren't that tricky to understand.

Advertisement