Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No-Contract landline telephone service

Options
  • 21-08-2017 11:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Is there any telephone company in Ireland which provides a landline service without having to enter into a contract?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Digiweb will but the offset is €150 to install it.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

I'm in the same boat, trying to organise a landline for an elderly relative. Is there any way to compare rates for landlines only? I know I can go onto switcher.ie to compare different landline+broadband deals, but where can I compare deals that are landline only?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

Tried pure telecom about 1 year ago for a land line only service and on speaking with them they were willing to connect without a minimum contract period.

I didn't go ahead with them however as the switch proved to be a nightmare of incompetence. if you get up and running though maybe they would work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭PanicStations

I just found that you can compare landline phone deals on the Comreg site. 
    https://www.comreg.ie/price-comparison/home-phone-2/calculator/
    Looking at this list, several of them don't require a contract :)

Advertisement