Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

our vendor does not move out yet

Options
  • 21-08-2017 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

i think we are in a critical issue, madness going to peaks after heard of a news update from sol about our property buying

we bought a property, sale agreed long back, signed contracts, its supposed to close last week(vendor already wanted to close earlier than that too)but officially last week was agreed due to which we requested to draw funds, its already gone to vendor solicitor now. but they shocked us today that vendor wont move for another week and we already started paying insurances, mortgage already. is this like a game. we already paid lot more than asking price and after all struggle for life we got this deal i know but if this is the case how to make them take action on this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

This is for your solicitor to sort out. If you have drawn down and transferred the money, then you are well within your rights to take legal action for their failure to close. It's relatively common to give a vendor 24/48 hours to get out, especially if there's a chain, but a week is taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭memomtoo

seamus wrote: »
    This is for your solicitor to sort out. If you have drawn down and transferred the money, then you are well within your rights to take legal action for their failure to close. It's relatively common to give a vendor 24/48 hours to get out, especially if there's a chain, but a week is taking the piss.

no they simply said its out of their hands, trust we are going sleepless because, we are already paying really lot more than asking price, in addition to that all these added up.
    We requested to draw funds from bank only after vendor confirming that they are ready to move out soon as possible and after monies are sitting with them, now our Sol say they have bank issue 2days back, now no reason but the vendor only vacate around in a week. it is scaring us every second because if its any vendor fault, what can we do? we already been too nice with them with time
    we spent so much for all processsings like any
    truly innocent with how to take action as its making us insane now

vendor wont even allowed us to view for workers for repairing works, kept delaying or denying saying because they are in the process of moving.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,223 ✭✭✭Michael D Not Higgins

memomtoo wrote: »
    vendor wont even allowed us to view for workers for repairing works, kept delaying or denying saying because they are in the process of moving.

You need to pursue this through your solicitor, there's no other course of action.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

You need to pursue this through your solicitor, there's no other course of action.

Solicitor immediately- with costs demanded for the delay and costs associated with the lack of vacant possession of the property.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Can can take legal action and are pretty much guaranteed to win.

You need to be compensated for the amount of money its costing you to pay a mortgage on a house you cant live in, insurance etc.
    You can also claim the cost you are having to pay to live somewhere else.

If your solicitor is saying its not his problem then you need to give him a kick in the ass.

Can can take legal action and are pretty much guaranteed to win.

You need to be compensated for the amount of money its costing you to pay a mortgage on a house you cant live in, insurance etc.
    You can also claim the cost you are having to pay to live somewhere else.

If your solicitor is saying its not his problem then you need to give him a kick in the ass.

yes, mentioned I need the copy of closing agreement, they must've thought I might seek legal action, immediately got back to me stating again that vendor might move out sooner than later this week...fingerscrossed

if am not here, I would never know i can claim like that;)

Advertisement